The freebies.

Dokko

Anyone else think the Viduka & Ben Haim deals are passing us by due to SA being on holiday and the constant speculation of the future of the club?

It would be a shame to miss out on two steals, we've already missed out on Sidwell for changing our manager (fair enough if you put it like that), are we about to lose out on these two for similar instability?

Would be nice to see NUFC make some good moves in the transfer market especially so early on in the window, but time is ticking and offers will be coming in all the time, we should of had these deals sorted by now imo.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Something will come of the Viduka deal this week if the press are guessing correctly, I don't know about Ben Haim though

Something will come of the Viduka deal this week if the press are guessing correctly, I don't know about Ben Haim though

They've been saying that for the last 8 days or so though, but tomorrow never comes.

Maybe i'm just being impatient but i think it would be a good idea to nail these two down asap.

I wouldn't say we've missed out on Sidwell. If he'd gone to Villa or something then i'd agree. He's given in to the money.

Definitely agree on the hope we get some nice and early transfers sorted out though. Look at Man Utd. Champions and doing their dealing ASAP. The last few windows we've had have been embarrassingly last-minute-tastic.

Sam's been back in the country for the past week. Also Ben Haim and Viduka are in Israel and Australia respectively so you can't blame Allardyce's holiday if we miss out.

I wouldn't say we've missed out on Sidwell. If he'd gone to Villa or something then i'd agree. He's given in to the money.

Definitely agree on the hope we get some nice and early transfers sorted out though. Look at Man Utd. Champions and doing their dealing ASAP. The last few windows we've had have been embarrassingly last-minute-tastic.

From what was reported he didn't choose Chelsea over us, the offer was withdrawn by us when we sacked GR, and the offer was not pushed or confirmed to still be on the table when SA came in or the time in between.

Sam's been back in the country for the past week. Also Ben Haim and Viduka are in Israel and Australia respectively so you can't blame Allardyce's holiday if we miss out.

But not at his desk?

Is that right?

I heard he returns to the club tomorrow.

From what was reported he didn't choose Chelsea over us, the offer was withdrawn by us when we sacked GR, and the offer was not pushed or confirmed to still be on the table when SA came in or the time in between.

It was the end of the season, what was his rush?

Of course it was withdrawn. What would have been the piont of signing him to a pre-contract and then the new manager saying he didn't want him. Would have been a terrible mess.

Well Chelsea came in and nothing else took his fancy, i think if GR had still been here he'd be playing for us next season, he seemed quite desperate to sign away from Reading, probably because before this season he was a know one and now he's been offered money that will sort him out for the rest of his life!

Well Chelsea came in and nothing else took his fancy, i think if GR had still been here he'd be playing for us next season, he seemed quite desperate to sign away from Reading, probably because before this season he was a know one and now he's been offered money that will sort him out for the rest of his life!

To be fair he has chosen the easy ride with the highest chance of success.

Of course it was withdrawn. What would have been the piont of signing him to a pre-contract and then the new manager saying he didn't want him. Would have been a terrible mess.

Can i politely ask what was the point in this post?  :lol:  :undecided:

No one is arguing that it was the right/wrong thing to do!

Guest Invicta_Toon

so basically, with the attractive proposition that he won't have to move, and provided we call him quickly enough so as to appear sufficiently desperate, we can have a Fat Aussie wank for free (because he doesn't earn a wage either)

magnificent, I can feel us literally forcing our way into the big time

so basically, with the attractive proposition that he won't have to move, and provided we call him quickly enough so as to appear sufficiently desperate, we can have a Fat Aussie wank for free (because he doesn't earn a wage either)

Tedious as fuck.

so basically, with the attractive proposition that he won't have to move, and provided we call him quickly enough so as to appear sufficiently desperate, we can have a Fat Aussie w*** for free (because he doesn't earn a wage either)

Blah.