The freebies.

Dokko

Guest Invicta_Toon

jesus christ, I bet if we went back a couple of years on this forum, there would be no cunt defending him

I wouldn't pay a fee for him, no way, but for free its a bargain we should take up asap.

Surely you can see he's an upgrade to Sibierski?

different manager different chairman

bringing up sibierski is a complete irrelevance, apart from if you want to compare effort and commitment in terms of relative pay packets

This is a manager who is much more likely to get the best out of Viduka, I don't see your point?

see, I knew Fat Sam's miracle work would come into it

Well its fairly obvious isn't it?

if you accept Fat Sam has no other ideas than to find the most difficult unwanted free players and make the best of it?

jesus christ, I bet if we went back a couple of years on this forum, there would be no cunt defending him

I wouldn't pay a fee for him, no way, but for free its a bargain we should take up asap.

bringing up sibierski is a complete irrelevance, apart from if you want to compare effort and commitment in terms of relative pay packets

No its not.

One striker going out, one striker coming in, one striker who cannot score, one striker who can.

Its not difficult to see why Sibi is brought up now is it?

PS: Same Chairman if you are going to be in a pedantic mood.

'we have a striker leaving' is not an argument for signing Viduka, it's an argument for signing a striker

Are we supposed to sign Henry to play as squad rotation with Owen & Martins who are still no1 & 2 as it stands?

If he's our 3rd choice striker next season, then were doing better than most.

This is a manager who is much more likely to get the best out of Viduka, I don't see your point?

Do you rate Southgate above Allardyce as a manager?

how is that relevant?

You mention Allardyce's 'miracle work'. Southgate got decent stats out of Viduka this year, and I rate Allardyce as a better manager than Southgate. So how is assuming Allardyce will get more out of him than Southgate bringing 'Fat Sam's miracle work into it'?

if you accept Fat Sam has no other ideas than to find the most difficult unwanted free players and make the best of it?

Boro want to keep him.

Yeah its a massive fucking negative that Allardyce can get the best out of talented players. :lol:

As Dave has said he isn't unwanted anyway.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Boro want to keep him.

No Boro would keep him if he agreed a realisitc contract

Guest Invicta_Toon

Yeah its a massive fucking negative that Allardyce can get the best out of talented players. :lol:

As Dave has said he isn't unwanted anyway.

jesus wept, yes, he's so talented we're fighting off the competition, what with him having to bother his arse to move for another job, or not get the contract of choice at Boro

how lucky we are

Guest Invicta_Toon

No its not.

One striker going out, one striker coming in, one striker who cannot score, one striker who can.

Its not difficult to see why Sibi is brought up now is it?

PS: Same Chairman if you are going to be in a pedantic mood.

'we have a striker leaving' is not an argument for signing Viduka, it's an argument for signing a striker

Are we supposed to sign Henry to play as squad rotation with Owen & Martins who are still no1 & 2 as it stands?

If he's our 3rd choice striker next season, then were doing better than most.

I said he'd be coming here to sit on his fat arse with a cushy contract, someone else claimed he'd be first choice banging them in left righ and centre, combined with the patented 15% Fat Sam power boost TM

I'm not entirely convinced that Viduka is a sure fire correct additon to 'the squad'.

He's getting on.

His wages will be astronomical.

And his commitment and fitness has been questioned in recent years.

Vic's doubts aren't totally ludicrous.

Are we already playing the Sam motivational gold card too many times?

I'm not entirely convinced that Viduka is a sure fire correct additon to 'the squad'.

He's getting on.

Basically we can be linked with anyone and it will seem like a good signing because of the 'Allah'dyce.

He's getting on.

Vic's doubts aren't totally ludicrous, but it'd be nice if he put some effort into explaining them.

FYP.

Guest Invicta_Toon

He's getting on.

Vic's doubts aren't totally ludicrous, but it'd be nice if he put some effort into explaining them.

FYP.

fat lazy wanker

can't get more descriptive than that tbh

He's getting on.

FYP.

fat lazy wanker

can't get more descriptive than that tbh

What do you think of Viduka though?  :laugh:

He's getting on.

He's on a free.

He's coming off the back of his best season for years having remained mainly injury-free

His ability on the ball has never been in question.

We desperately need a player who can hold up the ball.

Signing Viduka does not mean we won't sign any more players of that type.

On the flipside when the going gets tough he tends to get sulking and too often lets a game pass him by.

There's no guarantee that he won't pick up niggles next season because he's been plaugued by them for years.

There's no resale value as he'd be more or less finished by the end of a 2-year deal.

No-one's saying he'll be awesome or a guaranteed hit, but I can't for the life of me see why it's not worth a punt when he's out of contract.

To put numbers on it, people are talking of £40k a week, say over two years with some bonuses and a nice signing on fee. £5m or so all in?

You could spend that and more on a player who's never even kicked a ball in a top division.

Guest Petay

He would be a solid signing, I also agree that some people place way too much emphasis on Sam's motivational abilities.  I think of it as a replacement for Sib and in that repect it is excellent progress.  It gives us time to really search the globe for that elusive replacement for Shearer as I think we'll get one probably two decent seasons out of him.

Guest Svenno

Wow.. The more posts I read on this board, the more that Invicta pisses me off. Jesus christ. Good at winding up and making discussions though

He's getting on.

He's on a free.

He's coming off the back of his best season for years having remained mainly injury-free

His ability on the ball has never been in question.

We desperately need a player who can hold up the ball.

Signing Viduka does not mean we won't sign any more players of that type.

On the flipside when the going gets tough he tends to get sulking and too often lets a game pass him by.

There's no guarantee that he won't pick up niggles next season because he's been plaugued by them for years.

There's no resale value as he'd be more or less finished by the end of a 2-year deal.

No-one's saying he'll be awesome or a guaranteed hit, but I can't for the life of me see why it's not worth a punt when he's out of contract.

To put numbers on it, people are talking of £40k a week, say over two years with some bonuses and a nice signing on fee. £5m or so all in?

You could spend that and more on a player who's never even kicked a ball in a top division.

Spot on, rather pay that over that time than an unproven performer in the Prem/England as many teams (us especially) have done far too many times.