Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

According to SSN's.

Will get a link when i can.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470034&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=4161&title=Barton+set+for+Magpies+move

Sky Sports News understands that Joey Barton will sign for Newcastle United on Monday - assuming that captain Scott Parker completes his own move to West Ham.

Sam Allardyce has instigated a transfer merry-go-round since arriving on Tyneside and, having opted to allow Parker to return to London, is on the brink of signing Manchester City's controversial midfielder Barton.

The England international was suspended by City at the conclusion of the Premiership season after a training ground bust-up with team-mate Ousmane Dabo that left the Frenchman requiring hospital treatment.

His latest transgression in a string of unsavoury incidents at Eastlands convinced the club to dispose of his services, and City subsequently admitted they were open to any offers which activated Barton's £5.5million release clause.

Newcastle appear to have matched their asking price, and Allardyce is now on the brink of bringing Barton to the North East in his first signing since taking over from Glenn Roeder.

However, Barton will only be confirmed as a Newcastle player on Monday if Parker - the player he will replace at St James' Park - completes a move to West Ham.

Newcastle and West Ham have agreed a fee in the region of £8.5million for the midfielder who will link up with his former manager at Charlton, Alan Curbishley, if he joins The Hammers.

Good signing, in my opinion. He could do very well in a 3 man central midfield. Off the field, i think he'll realise this is his last chance to have a professional football career.

Anyway, i guess this means Dyer is going to be axed...

Good signing, in my opinion. He could do very well in a 3 man central midfield. Off the field, i think he'll realise this is his last chance to have a professional football career.

Axed...... love it.

:laugh:

Guest gggg

:thup: Out of Reo Coker, Barton and Parker Barton is clearly the better player so we've got a great deal there.

Hopefully Sam can sort his attitude out and we're laughing.

Axed.. Hopefully not by Barton.

Guest makemeacupoftea

Even though it's a canny signing, i wanted Allardyce to sign much better players.