Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Shotgun Mick

Man City fans seem pleased that Barton has left and that he is not worth £5m. I thought he was supposed to be their star player.

Man City fans seem pleased that Barton has left and that he is not worth £5m. I thought he was supposed to be their star player.

He is, but they also know what a horrible little c*nt he is and the negative affect he has off the pitch.

Guest elbee909

So that's two Bartons we've had in recent history.  Perhaps we should compare and contrast all the Toon players past and present, with similar surnames...

Sorry, I seem to have become aware of how nerdy that must sound.  Ugh. :)

Guest Shotgun Mick

You'd at least think a few of them would say he is a good player though. They seem to think he can't pass or control the ball. Are they all just bitter? I haven't seen that much of him to be honest.

You'd at least think a few of them would asy he is a good player though. They seem to think he can't pass or control the ball. Are they all just bitter? I haven't seen that much of him to be honest.

I was on a City board a couple of days ago and most suggested he was a quality player to be fair, just that he was a twat on and off the pitch and that they were tired of that.

It's hilarious the fact he didn't even want to speak to West Ham in the end.  ;D  They've completely piped down on their board about it, still they have other things to occupy them.....

http://i4.tinypic.com/5xoszuw.jpg

So that's two Bartons we've had in recent history.  Perhaps we should compare and contrast all the Toon players past and present, with similar surnames...

Sorry, I seem to have become aware of how nerdy that must sound.  Ugh. :)

what about david barton ?

Guest optimistic nit

Don't see any problem with him staying on as Chairman.

that makes no sense whatsoever. the whole problem with freddy is that he's got no clue how to run a football club. take his shares away and we won't even have his money either. :lol:

Guest Big Spam

Does Anyone think that with Barton, together with the current squad and our possible other near signings the team could look like this??

Viduka    Owen

Emre                    Barton

Butt

Baines                                                    Dyer

Rozehnal    Ben Haim  Taylor

With The wing backs being quite attacking??

Just a thought

Does Anyone think that with Barton, together with the current squad and our possible other near signings the team could look like this??

Viduka    Owen

Butt

Just a thought

No room for Oba?

Viduka    Owen

Butt

Just a thought

No room for Oba?

no room for giuly.

this could go massive over the next few weeks

Viduka    Owen

Butt

Just a thought

No room for Oba?

Thats exactly the team i picked a couple of days ago. Its very possible. Wait and see once we get them all in first though. I think that strikeforce would be shithot as long as they both stayed fit which is a big ask.

Guest Big Spam

I can't see Sam playing Owen and Martins together as a first choice..

But how often do we seem to get our first choice up front!!!

We could rotate strikers??

Its just that one of the reports I read (can't remember which) said that Rozehnal was Left sided, and we know Taylor can play Right Full back, so would provide good cover for wing-backs to attack..

Went to Freddy's house to thank him personally apparently...

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=united-made-me-fell-wanted%26method=full%26objectid=19254417%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

United made me fell wanted

Jun 6 2007

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Joey Barton will ignore late bids by both West Ham and Manchester City to sign a five-year contract for Newcastle United in the next 24 hours.

And United will pull off a double whammy by "stealing" Mark Viduka from Middlesbrough on a three-year deal tomorrow.

And speaking for the first time on his £5.5m move to St James' Park from Manchester City, which will go through once a couple of technicalities have been sorted out, Barton said today: "I have given my word to Newcastle United and that's where I hope I will be going.

"Everybody knows they are a club of great history and tradition - and this is great - but what has also been great for me is that they have pushed the boat out for me, and both Freddy Shepherd and Sam Allardyce have made me feel so wanted."

The Chronicle can reveal that after he was at St James' Park for talks yesterday with his agent Willie McKay, Barton went to Shepherd's Tyneside home, where the chairman is recuperating after illness, to thank him personally for showing such faith in him.

Barton also met major shareholder Mike Ashley at the club's training ground yesterday.

Of course, Barton's problems have been well documented, but in Allardyce United have the man to ensure these are all in the past.

Allardyce has already told Barton to do his stuff on the field and leave his off-the-field problems to the manager to sort out.

Barton's deal will be worth around £17.5m to the 24-year-old Liverpool-born midfielder over five years, and he will be looking to add to his one England cap in his time at St James'.

He added: "I am not proud of some of the things I have done and that I have brought a lot of my problems on myself. But I want to be a winner, not only for myself but for the fans.

"I have heard it said that footballers are all about flash cars and expensive watches, but for me it's all about winning medals and it hurts me that I haven't any."

One of the things Barton will give United is the bottle that was lacking at places like Fulham, Wigan Athletic, Charlton Athletic and Portsmouth at the end of last season.

He will be joined at St James' by Viduka, who returned from holiday today and will sign tomorrow.

"United made me fell wanted"

I assume that's not a typo on your part Mel. Obviously that one got past Oliver's MS word spellchecker. Thick as mince.

:lol:

Click the link, the typo still remains.

Guest johnson293

He said i have given Newcastle my word why hasnt he signed yet then?

According to Sky this morning, we were still waiting a fax from Man City (Perhaps his court papers??) before it could be finalised.

Also, regardless of the takeover developments, perhaps the signing is still dependant on Parker going to West Ham - either for money reasons, or that Allardyce just doesn't want both of them in his squad?

Guest johnson293

I'd guess it's 17.5 millions in total. Take away the 5.5 millions transfer fee and we're talking about 46K per week

Yeah, The Sun reported a £45k / week wages, while The Mirror reported a £12m deal over 5 years (£46k / week).

I would guess at it being nearer that, than £65 - 70k / week - its not like the tabloids to underestimate, is it?

The article says the deal will be worth £17.5m to the player.

Not unlike Oliver to be talking nonsense of course, but that suggests wages.

Aye, i think our clown prince has got his figures wrong, he's added them up wrong. Must of failed maths as well as English.