Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest eyeball_tickler

i would be fucking delighted of we got koumas and barton in.

koumas is the creative player we need.

i would be f****** delighted of we got koumas and barton in.

koumas is the creative player we need.

He's the type of player we need in the way he plays, but we should be looking to get someone a hell of a lot better than Koumas.

He's only alright IMO.

Guest gggg

Koumas is the most overrated player in the championship, he's always hyped up to be the best player in the league but never has a run of form to warrant it.

There's a reason he's playing in the 2nd division at 27. (soon to be 28)

Koumas is a really poor advert for the championship. I've never known a player do so well in the second tier so often, yet do so little in the premiership.

If we want to be ambitious Wesley Sneijder is the man!

Isn't it amazing how the percentage of happy votes in a poll like this go up massively as soon as it's confirmed we are going to sign a player, when it's just a rumour the approval rate is normally about 20% lower.

Guest eyeball_tickler

realistically, i dont think we can do much better than koumas. in his only season in the premiership he was voted his clubs best player and was recently named the best player outside the premiership, plus loads more individual awards throughout his career. and he's probably going quite cheap so we could get a bargain if we act soon.

Guest tomi

Zoltan Gera is available and wouldnt cost to much, His time in the premiership he did pretty well.

Had two sub-par seasons in the championship, plus he only has played right winger in England, was never tried out in his natural position, in a free role behind the forwards, where he was really succesful in Hungary.

realistically, i dont think we can do much better than koumas. in his only season in the premiership he was voted his clubs best player and was recently named the best player outside the premiership, plus loads more individual awards throughout his career. and he's probably going quite cheap so we could get a bargain if we act soon.

Are you on a wind up or been on Mars for the last month?

what    the    fuck

Koumas is a decent midfielder, would be a good backup signing in my books.

No, hes not the best player in the world, but hes got decent technique, decent passing, and is a solid all round player. Again, as backup to Butt, Emre and Barton, it would be a sensible addition and one that probably wouldnt hurt us in terms of wages.

Would prefer Flamini though if hes on a free.

I don't think we need Koumas, but it's a bit of a mystery to me why he's not in the Premiership. Perhaps he soon will be. He looks very skilful and creative. Presumably there's some weakness in his game which is holding his career back, but his ability on the ball is very obvious.