This is getting extremely stupid now ...

KaKa

Guest Magpiecn

I have to worry about Westham's future.They put so much money,but Im afraid that they wont get what they want.Curbishley is a great manager,but he cant let Westham become Chelsea.Then Westham =Leeds

With all this intrest in other strikers from WHU, does anyone else think now would be a good time to put a bid in for Ashton?

Just the type of player Owen needs beside him in my opinion. Test the water with an 7 million bid and see how we go. 

Or get Viduka for nowt. :D

True.... I was just thinking about the future a bit, what with Ashton being younger. Also if he stays a WHU this season and as I suspect, knocks some goals in and generally puts some good performances in, his value with go up by the end of it.

Not sure he will get a look in if W-Ham sign Bent or Johnson. Hopefully not then he can come join us the season after next :)

Ashton wants to sign for City. Wanted to sign for us when he went to West Ham but we couldn't meet the asking price. Still wants to come here. Fact. :-X

Guest Brazilianbob

West Ham are spending big in the hope of forcing the hand of EPL.

If legal action by Wigan, Charlton etc is successful, the EPL will be loathe to relegate WH if they have purchased around £25m (or more) worth of players who only signed on the understanding they would be playing EPL footie next season.  The EPL would leave themselves open to legal proceedings by those players if they subsequently relegated WH.

From tomorrow's Times ...

To further swell the coffers, Benitez is moving closer to a deal to sell Craig Bellamy to West Ham United for £12m after owner Eggert Magnusson sanctioned a £70,000-a-week contract for the controversial Welsh international.

£12 million on Bellamy ... Wow. Words fail me.

they're like nouveau riche lottery winners who come into millions yet have no idea how to spend it. instead of buying the best champagne and luxurious foie gras they go for novelty sized bottles of white lightning and a year's supply of spam sandwiches.

they're like nouveau riche lottery winners who come into millions yet have no idea how to spend it. instead of buying the best champagne and luxurious foie gras they go for novelty sized bottles of white lightning and a year's supply of spam sandwiches.

:lol:

To further swell the coffers, Benitez is moving closer to a deal to sell Craig Bellamy to West Ham United for £12m after owner Eggert Magnusson sanctioned a £70,000-a-week contract for the controversial Welsh international.

Not as bad as the Young and Reo-Coker deals, well supposedly for NRC. I really hope we don't become like Aston Villa and West Ham if we get the investment.

:laugh:

Superb analogy.

Not as bad as the Young and Reo-Coker deals, well supposedly for NRC. I really hope we don't become like Aston Villa and West Ham if we get the investment.

Sam wouldn't be so stupid tbh.