What is Sam Allardyce thinking?

Newcastle Fan

At the moment, those are the players in our squad

GK : Given, Harper, Krul.

Defenders : Carr, Babayaro, Ramage, Taylor, Huntington, Edgar

Midfield : Solano, N'Zogbia, Milner, Parker, Butt, Emre, Luque, Pattison, Duff, O'Brien, Dyer

Strikers/Forwards: Owen, Martins, Ameobi, Carroll.

*Players in italic are fringe/reserves team players.

*Players in Bold might be set to leave.

We seriously need backing up, to start off Carr and Babayaro have both proved to be sub-standerd and not worthy enough of a first team place..same goes for Ramage that leaves us with Taylor as our only decent defenders..

In the midfield we used to have a fantastic midfield, on can rotate between Milner and Dyer on the right, N'Zogbia and Duff on the left, and Emre,Butt and Parker in the center. but now with Parker leaving Sam Allardyce must make sure we get Barton, or anyone half decent to cover up for our skipper.

In the striking front, we have two pacey, decent strikers in Owen and Martins but what we really need is a target man/goal getter type of striker, Viduka will do a good job at the moment, Ameobi is pretty average imo, he can do a good job as a back-up/4th striker.

To sum up, we need a DL, DR, two DCs, a DMC (if parker leaves), and a striker.

Also, we need to back-up our team, we can't keep playing the likes of Pattison whenever we go in one of our injurey "crisis"

But at the moment all i am hearing is that we are going to sell this player and going to sell another, Emre to Bayern, Luque to PSV, Parker to West Ham, Owen to any random big club that will come for him,  Martins to Valencia, etc..

And not to count the fact that most new players, forgien ones espically will need time to adapt to the premiership. at the moment we have the thinest squad possible, and its about to get thinner.

Can't understand why Allardyce wants to sell players, i thought that "Everyone has a new start" here.

I am not saying anything new here, its just a fact that he better start signing players soon otherwise we are f*****.

Aye, with the season set to start tomorrow its ridiculous to have such a small squad.

Its not that, its the fact that the whole "Takeover" thing might effect his budget, the more time Freddy and Ashley drag this on the less time he will have to buy the players he want, also real life is not FM, you don't buy a player overnight and he will definetly need time and money to buy new players, i don't think he will get all the targets he want and we might see Carr or Babayaro (hell even Ramage) in the starting 11 come the first game of the season and that is never good.

To be fair, apart from Parker (which is still debateable), none of the players who've left were good enough for us.

but you have to admit have left us severely short even if they werent good enough do we really want kids as back up everytime someone gets injured, seems like we need to buy alot to make us comfortable again, not that im saying we wont be signing a few and if the take over goes through we will no doubt have the funds just worried we need to make alot of new squad players gell together.

To be fair, apart from Parker (which is still debateable), none of the players who've left were good enough for us.

They weren't, but wouldnt it be better if he had kept them as back-up, incase he fails to get the targets he wants or incase we go in our annual injurey crisis with him, i am not saying he shouldve kept ALL of them but just the likes of Bramble wouldve improved under him and turned to a good back up for our first team, not that getting rid of Bramble was the wrong decsion but at the moment it seemed he (Allardyce) had everything worked out about who is going out and who is coming in, the only thing he didnt count was the Takeover battle and how it will effect his budget and preperation for next season.

Aye, with the season set to start tomorrow its ridiculous to have such a small squad.

Its not that, its the fact that the whole "Takeover" thing might effect his budget, the more time Freddy and Ashley drag this on the less time he will have to buy the players he want, also real life is not FM, you don't buy a player overnight and he will definetly need time and money to buy new players, i don't think he will get all the targets he want and we might see Carr or Babayaro (hell even Ramage) in the starting 11 come the first game of the season and that is never good.

Give it time, man.

Nothing wrong with getting rid of players who he doesn't want. I'm sure Allardyce is working to bring players in but, as you said yourself somewhat ironically, these things don't happen overnight.

Guest khyberpass

Bramble had bright sparks..don't think Parker being a good player is debatable; whether he was coached or played suitably is...

I think its a good point raised by  "Newcastle Fan" - we need at least 6 (more likely 8/9) players to shore us up..IF the Ashley money is not swiftly forthcoming, we could be seriously struggling this season...

They weren't, but wouldnt it be better if he had kept them as back-up, incase he fails to get the targets he wants or incase we go in our annual injurey crisis with him

Again though, last season they were all back-up (bar Parker), and none of them were good enough even as back-up, so what's the point in keeping them?

They weren't, but wouldnt it be better if he had kept them as back-up, incase he fails to get the targets he wants or incase we go in our annual injurey crisis with him

Again though, last season they were all back-up (bar Parker), and none of them were good enough even as back-up, so what's the point in keeping them?

Not being forced to use players who are worst?

Actually i kinda agree with your point, i am not talking about the players he released (bar Bramble the rest were all hopeless), i am talking about the fact that he is set to sell Parker, Luque and maybe two other players, that means he will have to buy more, wich means we will have to get more new players who all need time to adapt to the team/city/ etc..wich might cause our team to start on the wrong foot come to start of next season and it might get to the point where its really hard to fix.

Then again, i am just being a little bit Impatient with Sam Allardyce, after hearing that c*** Glenn Roeder going on and on about how "he is about to buy the players he want" and how he's closing in on his targets just so we end up with Bernard two days AFTER the transfer window has ended. So i am guessing we'll just have to wait and see where will he take us, but the whole idea of him starting to sell players before buying anyone is a bit stupid tbh.

Can't believe a couple of people have actually agreed with the original post.  :lol:

If its still like this in mid June then you can maybe start to worry, but the transfer window has only been open for 3 days at the moment.

Apart from Parker all the ones we have let go have been out of contract, should we have given those who were not good enough new contracts because we might be a bit short a few months before the season starts? No.

you don't buy a player overnight

Watch the  :frantic: action on transfer deadline day. We are a club more guilty than most signing players at about 23:59 on 31/08, is that good planning?

I guess thats down to the fact that the player(s) we sign at that time have lost any hope of moving to a better club :lol:

This mentality of wanting to keep players who are clearly not good enough just because maybe one day we will need them is annoying... it's one of the reasons players like Bramble end up with 5 year deals at this club.

I can't fault any decision so far since Allardyce took over, but people will always find negativity. This is the most optimistic I've been in a very long time. And I can't echo Shak's post too strongly:

:lol:

Guest khyberpass

Watch the  :frantic: action on transfer deadline day. We are a club more guilty than most signing players at about 23:59 on 31/08, is that good planning?

TWUE TWUE.... :clap:

We are pretty much a different club alltogether now.

Nijtap Geremi

Tal Ben Haim

David Rozenhal

Sol Campbell

Leighton Baines

Lareya Kingston

Joey Barton

Mark Viduka

... all set to come through the door. Divven't worry. ;)

We dont even start pre-season training for a month. We could quite easily have 10 players coming in by then. Not all superstars, but providing the sort of depth you're on about.

We won't miss any of the players we've released and the bid for Parker is reasonable.

We'll work to the same budget as we would have had without any takeover talk- which in my view is probably not a great deal. I expect most players to be coming in on frees or small sums and if a takeover comes off then the cash will go on a few top-class players rather than a plethora of half-decent ones (who are likely to be little better than the ones knocking around on Bosmans).

Hadn't heard anything about us beeing after Geremi, he'd be a good squad player but I'd imagine his wages might be a bit of a problem.

We ain't, he's just a player i reckon would be worth a punt.

Guest khyberpass

Nijtap Geremi

Tal Ben Haim

David Rozenhal

Sol Campbell

Leighton Baines

Lareya Kingston

Joey Barton

Mark Viduka

... all set to come through the door. Divven't worry. ;)

reckon you might be right with Haim, Barton &  Viduka.....still leaves us 3 defenders, and a Creative Attacking Midfielder short of the picnic...just for starters?

Happy to have Baines..hope you are right; Geremi and Campbell are well doubtful and I haven't got a Clinto who Larry King is!!! :laugh: