Club Captain

Guest DavB93
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest DavB93

Just wondering who is going to be the club captain if as expected Parker leaves for West Ham, I would of said Given but not keen on a goalie been captian and always think it should be an outfield player.

Guest johnson293

I think it may be Butt - I can see Sam trying him as his 'Gary Speed' up here.

A Bit Ironic really!!!  :rolleyes:

Shay if you ask me. The only consistent performer at this club. And he has a great attitude. Disgusted he was overlooked by Stan in favour of Robbie Keane at international level.

Guest johnson293

It needs to be someone that Sam thinks is experienced enough, with decent leadership qualities, but who will also play regularly - will Solano fit into that last category?

Of the current squad I think only Nicky Butt is the natural candidate - unless/until he buys anyone else (Nolan?)

Guest Guinness

I'd give it to Nicky Butt, he's pretty much got all the qualities you need in a captain.

Guest johnson293

Taylor

Too young/Inexperienced TBH

It'll be the new boy from Citeh.

I did think that, but I guess he'd have to prove he can control himself first, on and off the pitch. Wouldn't rule him out for next season, or after though.

Its a sad situation but i'd rather give it to Barton over Solano who should be used as back-up only next term, Given who can't communicate with his own defense properly nevermind a whole team, Owen who is a cunt & Taylor who is way too young and bullish.

Butt is probably the leading candidate, but if both him and Barton had been at the club the same amount of time, Barton would be the 1st choice for captain, so should effectively one decent season from Butt allow him to be captain?

My problem, so i'd probably go Barton for a fresh start and new ideas, it should also give him a huge boost and hopefully keep him in line and leave his problems behind him for good.

I am not a big fan of a keeper being Captain but we have to give it to Shay, with Barton in the middle no fker will get the chance to slack anyway but Shay deserves that armband!!!

Taylor

Too young/Inexperienced TBH

He's a natural leader in my opinion you can't teach that, most people say Given but if you look for inspiration you wouldn't look to Given and add to the fact hes a goalkeeper is another factor against him. Butt/Taylor for me.

How do people expect Given to organise a team, when he can't organise a defense?

Was about to point out the same. You never hear him shout at the defence except when there's a corner and he'll shout "head away". Not captain material for me.

How do people expect Given to organise a team, when he can't organise a defense?

tbf we didn't give him alot to work with.

I still wouldn't make him captain mind, he's not the right guy, I don't think he could organise a team.

I'd give it to Butt, then Solano, then Barton, then I'm running out of options.