before parker moves

madras

as soon as barton signs,now that it looks like the ashley deal is coming to a happy coclusion,should NUFC get in contact with the ammers and say "you want parker...say please.....say pretty please...say pretty please with a cherry on top"

Guest teepee

we should rather say "you want parker - well, we've got tons of money so unless you pay a gazillion we aren't selling him"

seriously - i'd keep him. we need four decent cm's anyway - and the parkers of this world doesn't come cheap

Guest khyberpass

we should rather say "you want parker - well, we've got tons of money so unless you pay a gazillion we aren't selling him"

seriously - i'd keep him. we need four decent cm's anyway - and the parkers of this world doesn't come cheap

SPOT ON...unless as Big Al said on Talk Sport - Scott has been a player who has given 110%; and the fans love that. BUT, he's been unsettled by the amount of Management changes, and he'll be happy back down in London with his family...

Guest WestHamSam

be honest then peeps, have we got a bargin in Scott Parker, or have we just wasted £7m.

Guest nufc 4 life

be honest then peeps, have we got a bargin in Scott Parker, or have we just wasted £7m.

if he settles and gets back the form he had at Charlton you have a bargain, if he plays like he did for us this season you have just wasted 7m, but with the way your chairman is throwing his money around i wouldn't woory too much.

Guest Knightrider

Last season he wasn't a £7m player, he was awful in the main, but the season before that where he played as a destroyer in midfield he was worth every penny of what we paid for him. Overall though I'd say if used correctly he will be worth what yous have just paid for him. However expect conflicting opinions on here as fans were split on Parker. Some claim he was a great player, some say he was shite. As ever the truth will be in between. He's a decent Prem player with the potential to become one of the better defensive midfielders. Use him any other way though and he'll flop. I personally am sad to see him go, he got lots of unfair stick from the boo boys and we certainly never saw the best of him. Having Curbishley in charge will be the key factor as to whether he shines at Upton Park or not I feel. Good luck Scotty, a player who gave 110%.

I still think Parker is a canny player but I think he has fallen out of love with us. I think its time for a fresh challenge for him. I would not be surprised to see him do well with West Ham!

Guest nufc 4 life

Last season he wasn't a £7m player, he was awful in the main, but the season before that where he played as a destroyer in midfield he was worth every penny of what we paid for him. Overally though I'd say if used correctly he will be worth what yous have just paid for him. However expect conflicting opinions on here as fans were split on Parker. Some claim he was a great player, some say he was shite. As ever the truth will be in between. He's a decent Prem player with the potential to become one of the better defensive midfielders. Use him any other way though and he'll flop.

you had to try and out do me, i wanted to keep it short and sweet  :rant:

saving ;)

I think most of us would have accepted less than £7m for him. If Curbishley can get him playing like he did at Charlton, then you'll have done well out of it. Pretty big 'if' though.  :lol: 

Guest FlapjackJoe

Just thought of something today...

I actually think the Jimmy Bullard incident had a massive effect on Scotty;  he didn't seem as committed and eager since then.

Wonder if there's anything in that theory.

be honest then peeps, have we got a bargin in Scott Parker, or have we just wasted £7m

Your typing in place that has a majority of people that think Nicky Butt is great.

I actually think the Jimmy Bullard incident had a massive effect on Scotty;

He got stuck into more tackles than any Newcastle player.

Guest WestHamSam

forgot to say in my first post, glad to see Sunderland (sorry for swearing) back up. personally i think the rivalry wipes the floor with United and City, very entertaining for a neutral  :D

also, can we buy Owen  >:D

forgot to say in my first post, glad to see Sunderland (sorry for swearing) back up. personally i think the rivalry wipes the floor with United and City, very entertaining for a neutral  :D

also, can we buy Owen  >:D

ya can have him for the 18 million charlton are wanting for bent.

sound fair???

I remember Allardyce saying you had to have players that could play at St James', indicating it was a special place and to play in front of 50,000 took a certain type of player.

Parker, for all his abilities, pretty much proved he wasn't that type of player and I'm sure that's why Allardyce made only a token effort to keep him.

(for WestHamSam)You'll almost certainly see a better player than we saw up here in the last season, as HTT said he was much better in the beginning when given just one task to do. No reason why Curbishley cannot revitalise him. You've neither waster your money nor got a bargain.[/i])

Guest WestHamSam

swap for Tevez   mackems.gif

and if Bent is worth £18m, ill chew my own arm off. i think Owen will do well next season. considering the injury he had, he looked quite sharp the other night.

I also think the captaincy also had something to do with it too much pressure when he could have just been doing "his game" as in his first season...

an lets remember it aint often we make a profit on any players so regardless it not being the 8.5 we hoped he leaves with me wishing him all the best

swap for Tevez   mackems.gif

and if Bent is worth £18m, ill chew my own arm off. i think Owen will do well next season. considering the injury he had, he looked quite sharp the other night.

I really cant see Bent going on the cheap but yea I agree with you 18 million is stupid money but as I have warned about the toon if you are seen as a cash cow to be milked then if westham went for him I can see them adding on 5 million at least.

I thought Owen is slowing improveing obviously didnt have many games for us last season but did seem decent when he came back, if he stays I think he will be one of our garenteed to start players if he goes I have always said that for once there are strikers out there that are of a high calibre.

Guest graemeh72

I think Curbishley knows how to get inside Scotts head, and will get results because of it.

With regards to Scotts last season for us, I think he was good as a player - but didn't have what it took as a club captain, and ultimately thats what he was judged against.