Definitely worth a bid I'd say - No new deal for Smith

Guest DavB93

Guest DavB93

wouldn't move unless he was guarenteed first team football so no point having him here as he isn't better than Owen, Martins and Viduka.

We haven't signed Viduka yet and no saying Owen or Martins is staying.  On .com it's says Junventus bid for Martins.

It actuallys save Juve are now unlikely to bid for him as they have changed their boss and i don't blame them. Viduka is pretty much nailed onto move but even if he doesn't i wouldn't want Smith here. Yes he tries hard and gets stuck in but i want a striker to be scoring and assisting goals not doing that something which Smith doesn't do enough of.

Amended my post...

If we were to get rid of Shola, then Smith would be an upgrade, I just think he would cost too much to be a squad player. His work eithic is awesome and I am sure loads of fans would warm to him, but at the top level I just don't think he is good enough.

Overall if he were cheap and we could offload Shola then I would take Smith, but can see him being cheap or us leaving Shola go!

Surprised a bit about that as I thought he was a bit of a favourite of Ferguson, would certainly worth a bid and if successful get rid of Ameobi.

Martins/Smith/Viduka/Owen would be insane.

In a good way.

True, but can we keep them all happy?

Guest sittingontheball

This is a perfect example of why Fergie is a successful manager and why McClaren will never be one picking people on name value.

Smith gets involved but there's no real end product. The stats don't lie in his case.

Good striker, i like him and i like his agressive style of play, but it's only worth it if one of Martins or Owen goes, and i'd rather have either of them over Smith.

Guest graemeh72

Alan Smith used to be class

I think he could be again, but needs to be playing week in week out

When was Alan Smith ever class? He was only a regular in the Leeds team when they started battling against relegation, has never been prolific, and it's not like he's that great in the air either. Hasn't exactly pulled up any trees at Man Utd either.

Guest alex

He's never been class, I agree. Ferguson trying to convert him to a midfielder says a lot too. His scoring record is awful for a striker too iirc.

Alan Smith is a GOOD hard working striker, no more, no less.

Right now we should be concentrating on defenders. However since it has been brought up i would suspect that Man Utd will be lucking somewhere in the region of 7m for smith. I believe we could get better for that, Nugent as an example.

wouldn't move unless he was guarenteed first team football so no point having him here as he isn't better than Owen, Martins and Viduka.

At this point, if Smith wanted first team football, wouldn't he have to go somewhere like... Scunthorpe United?  ;D

Eh, maybe the Mackems would like a go. Surprised they haven't been linked yet actually.

Is Smith any better than Dyer ??? I never thought he was good and this is going back to the days of Leeds mind you which was his supposedly good times...

HE IS CRAP...

Guest redmayne

must have the worst games to golas ratio of any "top" striker ever....

no fucking thanks

not good enough for man utd not good enough for us

Guest redmayne

The white Emile Heskey.

racist git !!! ;-)

you should be colour blind according to government policy

The white Emile Heskey.

English Paul Dickov. :nope:

He's absolutely awful. Always has been, even before he signed for that lot. And he's got more than double the number of England caps Matt Le Tissier has. Absolutely fucking embrassing. :tard:

Don't want him here. Think we can do better than him, and there are many better players out there (Viduka for instance). He is going to cost quite a bit with the number of clubs interested, and his wages won't be low since he is a Man U player. He offers little other holding the ball and being a nuiscance up front. And he has shown (albeit in limited opportunities) that he couldn't work well with Owen. Don't think he could work well with Martins too. He hasn't improved since he moved to Manchester United.