Estonia vs England

Dave

He should give the Beckham treatment to other players who aren't performing instead of blindly putting his confidence in them.

But that would be good management wouldnt it ?? Not something you put in the same sentence as McLaren

Don't care who it's against, can only beat who we play. Lennon wouldn't have played those two balls in. Some just won't give credit though.

My problem is I am gearing up for all the "Beckham is world class" comments which dont hold any water based on tonights game. I want nothing more than for him to prove it but I just fear when we are up against Russia, it just wont happen.

Agreed on the Lennon thing... in which case he shouldnt be in the squad

That's our ridiculous media though, who were dying for another scapegoat after the World Cup. Now they 'love' him again. Laughable.

Don't care who it's against, can only beat who we play. Lennon wouldn't have played those two balls in. Some just won't give credit though.

My problem is I am gearing up for all the "Beckham is world class" comments which dont hold any water based on tonights game. I want nothing more than for him to prove it but I just fear when we are up against Russia, it just wont happen.

Agreed on the Lennon thing... in which case he shouldnt be in the squad

That's our ridiculous media though, who were dying for another scapegoat after the World Cup. Now they 'love' him again. Laughable.

Agreed. The headlines tomorrow will be sickening.

Media or the fan? I don't recall media castigating Beckham after the world cup. If there were any critism of Beckham it was scant. In fact it was the fans who slated Beckham relentlessly, conveniently ignoring facts that Beckham was far from the worse on the pitch, that Beckham was asked to lead the country and did what a normal patriotic player will do by doing his best, that Beckham wasn't the manager who picked the tactics.

What makes Owen such a good goalscorer is he can play shit without touching the ball for 89 minutes, then he'll pop up and score. Unbelievable people don't realize this and moan about how he was playing up until he scored. Thats whats so special about him.

I've never seen a player run down as many blind alleys and not have any idea of what he actually wants to do with the ball as Kieran Dyer. I mean, ffs. Look up sometimes.

I've never seen a player run down as many blind alleys and not have any idea of what he actually wants to do with the ball as Kieran Dyer. I mean, ffs. Look up sometimes.

Not see Joe Cole this evening then?

We were alright, it wasn't a great performance - it was a decent performance, which tends to be enough to beat the likes of Estonia 3-0 when we've got the quality in our squad. The wing-backs, Lampard and Joe Cole were all shit. Best player for me was Peter Crouch, who won absolutely everything and took his goal expertly. Beckham was good, and i suppose he's proved me wrong in some respects, but i mean what's the point? Hardly a long term solution is it.

Didn't see the game. Are we back to relying on Beckham's 'delivery' again? :rolleyes:

The national side really need a proper manager.

'Delivery'?

Crossing...

Very big yes. Sadly the only asset we have. Lose him to injury or to the likey jet lag and were are proper fucked

The idea that we still need Beckham only goes to show how shit a manager McClaren is, not how valuable Beckham is. But fair play to Beckham, if puts in more effort than some of the crap in an England top. His time is over though, but let the renaissance begin..

Although I would add Joe Cole scored a blinder of an individual goal out of nothing.

Was he cutting in from the left...?

No, it was from a ball played in from the left hand side, Crouch headed it on, the ball came down to Cole fairly central, 18 yards out. He turned and hit it off the chest; smashing finish.

The idea that we still need Beckham only goes to show how shit a manager McClaren is, not how valuable Beckham is.  But fair play to Beckham,, if puts in more effort than some of the crap in an England top.  His time is over though, but let the renaissance begin..

Not see Joe Cole this evening then?

Not really, no. The only part I watched fully was the last 30mins.

Cole did look crap from what I saw though.

The idea that we still need Beckham only goes to show how shit a manager McClaren is, not how valuable Beckham is.  But fair play to Beckham,, if puts in more effort than some of the crap in an England top.  His time is over though, but let the renaiseence begin..

The sad thing is that if we had a decent manager who could mould a good team, adding Beckham's crossing ability could make us quite formidable.

Just a pipe dream though