Henry to Liverpool

Thespence

Just been on talksport about him Francefootball.fr or something like that have put up a story about it.

+zoom the French attacker found an agreement with Barcelona on the basis of contract a three year old for what can become the transfer of the year. Still miss the green light of Arsenal where it had prolonged until 2011. "Henry very close to Barcelona", it is what reveals France Football in its number to appear this Tuesday. In the article of Paco Aguilar, the correspondent of Bi-hebdo in Barcelona, appears a beam of indices incentive to think that the arrival of the attacker of Arsenal in Spain seems from now on imminent. After the recent declarations of international French who let plane a doubt about his future at the "Gunners", an important stage was reached last week at the time of the meeting between the agent of the player, Jerome Anderson and the sporting director of Barça, Txiki Beguiristain. An agreement would have been reached at the end of this exchange between the two parts, on the basis of contract of three years (more one year in option) and incomes of ten million euros per season, superiors of almost 40% with those currently touched by Thierry Henry in Arsenal. If the transfer appears in very good way, all the questions are not solved for as much. It is not at all in the intention of the English club to let leave its striker high-speed motorboat under contract until June 2011 without requiring a strong sum. The year spent, it had been question of 40 million euros; today, with the approach of about thirty, Thierry Henry always represents much money, and it is not known as only the 25 million euros that Barcelona wants to propose in Arsenal is sufficient. The business which had failed one year ago in any case left well to be concluded this time, as of the moment when the French is decided to break the bond with Arsenal which it had joined in 1999.

Thats what Babelfish translated from the story on Francefootball.fr

Guest graemeh72

Bollocks that article doesn't even make sense

on one hand .......

The widely respected French football daily reports that Barça have agreed to pay Arsenal €25 million

on the other

this deal is only between Barça and Henry, not Barça and Arsenal.

huh? well how can Arsenal agree to it then

I suspect thats a load of poo

on one hand .......

The widely respected French football daily reports that Barça have agreed to pay Arsenal €25 million

on the other

If he wants away then he will get his way I reckon. Even players at the top clubs seem to be able to do what they want.

You may be right though. Sounds dodgy at best.

If the Arsenal walk away with £18m then they've done extremely well out of this. They'll need to replace his 25 goals per season but Wenger can stretch £18m a long way imo.

Maybe he's buying out his own contract under the new rulings should Arsenal not strike a deal with Barca?

He just signed a new contract not long ago so will have approx 3yrs on it... so i think that rules that out?

You can only do it in the final year of the contract i believe...?

If the Arsenal walk away with £18m then they've done extremely well out of this. They'll need to replace his 25 goals per season but Wenger can stretch £18m a long way imo.

I'd say it's the assists as well though mate that he brings to the team as well. Don't know how he'd fit in unless Eto'o actually goes mind.

Saying that personally I don't feel Henry should have ever been made captain of Arsenal as he's an appauling leader.

I'd say it's the assists as well though mate that he brings to the team as well. Don't know how he'd fit in unless Eto'o actually goes mind.

Saying that personally I don't feel Henry should have ever been made captain of Arsenal as he's an appauling leader.

They'll need a top class finisher and someone to create. Having said that, I'm expecting Rosicky to step up next season and have more of an impact. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they go for Owen tbh... :undecided:

Guest Peter Pan

on one hand .......

on the other

Barcelona has had a first option to buy Henry for over a year now, so this is possible if Arsenal has given permission to Henry speak with Barcelona...

Guest Knightrider

They will struggle to replace Henry, he isn't just their main goal getter or talisman, he defines Arsenal in every sense, how they play. There is no other player quite like Henry in the game, he's a one-off. Great player and I'd be sad to see him go. That said, if any manager can do it Wenger can. However I think this is the beginning of the end for him at Arsenal if Henry does leave. I think he'll give it one more season. If I was the FA I'd give him full control of English football from top to bottom and hand him an open chequebook.

Talksport have been in touch with his agent and he has denied it and is saying he going to seek legal advice over the article.

SO FUCK OFF and keep your fucking mouth shut. How many times have Barcelona won the FA Cup?

god, some bloke actually answered that:

2. Barca can not win the FA Cup because they are a spanish team and have to play in the spanish competition. But they have won the Spanish Cup exactly 24 times!!! Not bad, pal!

*cringes* :lol:

Guest graemeh72

on one hand .......

on the other

Barcelona has had a first option to buy Henry for over a year now, so this is possible if Arsenal has given permission to Henry speak with Barcelona...

load of poo though