European U21 Championship

Guest SwissMagpie

If I was a betting man (something Im actually considering becoming for this game!) I would be lumping all my moneys on Serbia. I bet I could get crazy odds, would not think twice about backing a team that had won every game theyve played their proper team in, without conceeding a goal. Buying money. blueyes.gif

:idiot2:

Spectrum can no longer afford his proposed takeover over City. ;)

Am i the only one who didn't believe Babel would be this good?

Nope.

I remember when Roeder was linked with him in January and a lot of people said he was rubbish and we shouldn't touch him. He was available for £6 million then as he hadn't signed his new contract ... would have been great value for money.

Doesn't quite appear to be enough of a goalscorer (yet!) but he has an abundance of ability and always seems to create goalscoring opportunities.

Nope.

I remember when Roeder was linked with him in January and a lot of people said he was rubbish and we shouldn't touch him. He was available for £6 million then as he hadn't signed his new contract ... would have been great value for money.

Doesn't quite appear to be enough of a goalscorer (yet!) but he has an abundance of ability and always seems to create goalscoring opportunities.

Would have been nice if Glen picked him up, but I imagine he'd of had to wait at least 3 more transfer windows to get him at an inflated rate. 

Nope.

Would have been nice if Glen picked him up, but I imagine he'd of had to wait at least 3 more transfer windows to get him at an inflated rate. 

ha ha ha ha

I'm pretty sure he was dithering as usual which of course meant we missed out on the player ... as usual.

Sevilla winning the Spanish Cup final 1-0 btw

Kanoute with the goal -his 29th of the season  :o

Who are they playing and how much time left?

Getafe, who have forged a reputation as giant killers. They overturned a 5-2 deficit in the semi-final first leg against Barca (which included Messi's Maradona wonder goal) to win the second leg 4-0 against a full Barca side. I wouldn't write them off yet, only half an hour gone. Apparently it was a major mistake in the build up to Kanoute's goal, defender miscleared it with his knee and left him one on one. I'd like to see this, I have a friend at the game.

Promising stuff for Holland this. We won it last year as well with basically a different team (Huntelaar, Emmanuelson and the likes included). Players like Van Persie, Robben, Van der Vaart and Sneijder would also have still qualified for this tournament I think.. Good crop of young players.. Hope we can capitalize on it in the next decade..

Nope.

ha ha ha ha

I'm pretty sure he was dithering as usual which of course meant we missed out on the player ... as usual.

I really wish I could have been a fly on the wall during his transfer dealings.  I generally wanted him to succeed, but can't

for the life of me figure out how he could bollocks so many windows up.  Anyhoo, moot point. 

In regards to Maceo Rigters, you can kind of see why he hasn't been given opportunities to play as a striker in Holland. He is more of a Michael Owen as he likes to get in behind the defence and he doesn't really have the stature or hold up game to feature as a lone striker in the dutch 4-3-3 system.

Would be a smart move for him to move to a team that plays a 4-4-2 where he can play alongside another striker and use his movement to get into goal scoring opportunities, which he has shown he can do to good effect.

We currently have two strikers of this type in Owens and Martins, but if one leaves I wouldn't mind Rigters as a backup to one of them. I think he has a lot of promise and for the reported fee of £300,000 that would be an outrageous piece of good business.

Guest Roland

hmmm don't really agree... Leonardo was exceptional talented, and Salmon did a very good job at NAC Breda so he was second choice as a striker and did ok as a winger. We do not have a Ryan Babel who can play around him.

hmmm don't really agree... Leonardo was exceptional talented, and Salmon did a very good job at NAC Breda so he was second choice as a striker and did ok as a winger. We do not have a Ryan Babel who can play around him.

You got Salmon in when you already had Rigters though, and Leonardo could have been the Babel in that front two. Anyway, I'm just pulling your leg as I don't think Rigters is good enough for the Premiership yet. For NAC Breda on the other hand, he could have been more than useful as a goalscoring striker, something he wasn't really given the chance to do I believe...

Guest Roland

Last thing is true. He even received an official letter from NAC Breda in july 2006, stating that he was allowed to leave. Transfer to Excelsior was canceled because there was no replacement available.

And 1 year later, he is included at the vcry last moment into the NL squad, even gets a regular place, scores 4 time and is followed by 17 smajor clubs at the -21 EC. Football is a strange world :):)