European U21 Championship

Guest SwissMagpie

Guest kingdawson

Same was said for Dawson tbh. Time will tell but i cant see another cm like him and he has a far better chance of a call up then Taylor.

Ferdinand, Terry, King, Carragher, Woodgate, Brown, Dawson, Lescott and probably Upson and Campbell are already ahead of Taylor right now.

The cm position has Gerrard, Lampard, Carrick, Hargreaves and Jenas

I think Taylor is miles off a full cap, partly because he's not really that proven a player, and partly because he plays in a position where we have plenty of options.

I don't think Upson is ahead of anyone, tbh. Lescott I think is a quality prospect, and he could well become the first native Klingon speaker to represent England.

EDIT I think Ashley Young will have a fantastic season next year and at the end of the season, could well be looking at getting into the full squad. Whether that's going to be too late given the impending EC, I don't know.

Taylor's the most likely of that crop of players to step up to the next level imo.

Not true imho. He plays in a position that England are already well off and theres also about 8 defenders that are currently ahead of him in the pecking order.

Young, NRC, Huddlestone and onyohu are all more likey to get call ups imo.

Huddlestone???  :laugh:

he has so many players ahead of him and even if it is gerrarg/lampard and a holding player huddlestone would be nowhere on that list either

Same was said for Dawson tbh. Time will tell but i cant see another cm like him and he has a far better chance of a call up then Taylor.

Ferdinand, Terry, King, Carragher, Woodgate, Brown, Dawson, Lescott and probably Upson and Campbell are already ahead of Taylor right now.

difference being taylor has age on his side and while i dont think he has the composure right now to break into the pack the likes of terry, carragher and ferdinand arent getting any younger. King potentially may always have injury problems same with woodgate.

Feel it is one of these situations that if he is given his chance he may suprise a few people

Barton and even Parker are both ahead of "Thudd".

Taylor's the most likely of that crop of players to step up to the next level imo.

He has to learn to stop his jumping jack impersonation when a player runs past him though. He often just spreads his arms and legs and tries to stop the player by this.

No centre backs will push the current lot out of the squad for a good while yet. As long as Terry, Ferdinand, Woodgate, Carragher and King all stay fit then they will be mainstays for the next couple of years. In a couple of years though i expect Taylor to have developed quite a bit. He is definitely capable of overtaking Brown, Dawson and Upson in the pecking order. Its just we have so much quality there that he's not gonna get his chance for a good while yet. I think he will go on to be a much better defender than Brown, Dawson, Lescott and Upson in a few years though. We have to remember he was robbed nearly a whole season in 05/06 as well. He's still learning. Definitely got the potential to be an international defender though, no doubts about that.

John Terry still does that and it's done him no harm.

Never noticed it that much with him. Terry often uses his arms and holds the player, something Taylor also likes to do, but the clueless jumping stuff rather than turning around and catching the player is ridiculous.

I thought that was called "putting a player under pressure" or is that me not understanding Isegrim???

I'd rather call it the "Hell, I didn't get the ball, what am I supposed to do now" routine...

The best you might get out of it is a free kick.

No centre backs will push the current lot out of the squad for a good while yet. As long as Terry, Ferdinand, Woodgate, Carragher and King all stay fit then they will be mainstays for the next couple of years. In a couple of years though i expect Taylor to have developed quite a bit. He is definitely capable of overtaking Brown, Dawson and Upson in the pecking order. Its just we have so much quality there that he's not gonna get his chance for a good while yet. I think he will go on to be a much better defender than Brown, Dawson, Lescott and Upson in a few years though. We have to remember he was robbed nearly a whole season in 05/06 as well. He's still learning. Definitely got the potential to be an international defender though, no doubts about that.

Taylor is 21, terry, woodgate, carragher are late 20's realistically there shelf life when it comes to an england carear is one more world cup after that then I fully expect the new crop of cb's to have started to make their mark and if taylor continues to improve (remember he now has a decent manager to nuture him) then dont see why he cant get a place in the side.

I thought that was called "putting a player under pressure" or is that me not understanding Isegrim???

I'd rather call it the "Hell, I didn't get the ball, what am I supposed to do now" routine...

The best you might get out of it is a free kick.

sorry Isegrim didnt quite get you until i saw your reply to nut, thought you never seen the lad put a tackle in, like ive just said the trouble with taylor is two fold

shit manager to guide

shit defence partner to learn off (who else used to stand off and jump up and down or flay their arms around hoping for offside *coughs* bramble)

I think we should expect alot more from taylor as long as SA keeps the faith and keeps playing him he can also stay injury free and SA follows up with some older heads for him to learn and develop with then I see him comming on leaps and bounds.

Huddlestone!!!!!!

King Dawson you really are clueless. We know you support Tottenham but please be freakin' realistic for goodness sake!

Barton, Parker, Barry, Carrick, Nolan, Sidwell to name a few would all get in ahead of Huddlestone not to mention Reo-Coker and even Noble who kept him out in this tournament!

Ridiculous claim that.

I don't know why people are finding it hard to believe a player better than Fabregas could make it into the England squad!

Please tell me he didn't say that ...

You never heard about the poll that was on their forum?

I don't know why people are finding it hard to believe a player better than Fabregas could make it into the England squad!

Nope ... please spare me the details as I can only imagine.

Nothing wrong with supporting your players but I cannot stand the whole blind loyalty thing.

Better then Fabregas??? That is just outrageous. Wouldn't that mean that he would then be the best midfielder in their team? But yet he doesn't play?

Where is the logic?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Nope ... please spare me the details as I can only imagine.

Nothing wrong with supporting your players but I cannot stand the whole blind loyalty thing.

Better then Fabregas??? That is just outrageous. Wouldn't that mean that he would then be the best midfielder in their team? But yet he doesn't play?

Where is the logic?

TOTTENHAM HOTSURZS IS DA BEST TEAM IN DA WURRLLDDD!

Brown, Dawson, and Upson are awesome. :thup:

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

I thought that Taylor played awesome today *even though i only saw from half time*. He should of easily been taken off, but the character or him kept him driving on.... even when he could hardly walk he was still throwing himself (or walking) into challenges, and 9times out of 10 winning them.

He was unlucky about the goal, but the only question i'd say about that is why didnt he try and get off the pitch instead of keeping the holland players onside.

Even after all that he still managed to play roughly 45minutes totally injured and stumble to the penalty spot and toe pog the ball in the back of the net - his reaction said it all...... STEVE, YOUR A MACHINE!! WELL DONE!  :clap: :clap:

Wishful thinking about Taylor, he has a long long journey before breaking into the england squad.

If he is advancing though it wouldnt suprise me to see him called up for a meaningless friendly within the next year, should one or two others be injured, his versatility certainly wont harm his chances.

Hopefully King can shake his emerging Woodgate injury syndrome, as he is a quality player.

Dawson looks solid and always looked like a talent at forest, its a shame we decided against bidding for him in the end, the move to spurs has been a good fit.

Like Taylor, Dawson is still a way off, has the advantage of already being in the England squad though, but Spurs fans should be confident the coaching set up they have will see him advance to use and improve on what he has.

Hopefully Allardyce will appoint staff that can do the same with our young-uns.

As for the rest of the current full side Id say Wes Brown needs a change of club if he is interested in pushing for an England place, sitting on the bench at Manure will obviously make him a starter for McLaren but wont last forever.

Upson has the world to prove and I dont think he can do it.

Woodgate should be good, bar a relapse on the injury front.

Campbell wont be around much longer.

Carragher looks useless in the centre for England, despite being as good as most for Liverpool.

Lescott should be given a go the next chance we have, especially if he continues his first season in the premiership.

Terry and Ferdinand will be the staple for the forseeable future. hopefully the likes of Taylor, Dawson and certainly Lescott will be there in the future.