European U21 Championship

Guest SwissMagpie

I haven´t seen the first 80 minutes, but the dutch commentators were addament Holland didn´t deserve to equalise based on the 90 minutes.. Unlucky for England I suppose.

They fucking did like! We were pants after the first half.

:lol: Every Englishj player scored a penalty and we still lost.

Anyone get the impression that someone up there doesn't want either England or Holland to win a penalty shootout?

If by up there you mean the goalkeeping coachs on both sides..then yes.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Just hope Taylor will be 100% fit for the new season! Anyone knows what happened to Onuoha?

Guest Geordiesned

England picking up so many injuries during a match eh? You'd think there was a Newcastle United coach looking after them.

Guest Triglett

I haven´t seen the first 80 minutes, but the dutch commentators were addament Holland didn´t deserve to equalise based on the 90 minutes.. Unlucky for England I suppose.

Holland had something like 25 efforts to England's 5  :tongue:

Guest nufc 4 life

England picking up so many iunjuries during a match eh? You'd think there was a Newcastle United coach looking after them.

haha like what you did there (pearson)

Holland had something like 25 efforts to England's 5  :tongue:

Well, that´s what Gullit and co said, and their not normally very positive about England..

That was torture. Scott Carson makes me weep.

"Whoooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... COLLAPSE TO ONE SIDE!"

And repeat. I suppose he did save one like. Eventually.

Guest Guinness

Taylor was pure class today, showed a lot of heart playing through the pain barrier and then tucking away his penalty.

There was an air of inevitability about then pens like.

Can't see how anyone can have a pop at any of the players after that. Some immense performances and Taylor has gone up in my estimation after tonight - although, to be fair, there was plenty of room.

Well done England. Can't complain about losing to the holders/hosts when the only thing to split the sides was 1 penalty out of 30. Well done lads. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest Roland

Well..agree with above. NL was not good, England deserved the lead. Lita was clearly not offside first half and his freekick was great.

After the injury of the Eng. defender, it was waiting for the penalties. Really thought that Donk and the injured England defender should have take one also, but not really familiar with those rules.

NL has lost 24-23 against Nigeria at the WC -20 in 2005, so we are getting used to this ;)

Taylor's the most likely of that crop of players to step up to the next level imo.

Cut out the silly immature things, and he is definitely high up in the second tier of England centre backs.

The first tier, of course being Terry, Ferdinand, Woodgate and Carragher.

Taylor's the most likely of that crop of players to step up to the next level imo.

Ashley Young as well tbh.

Potentially the answer for England on the left side?  :cheesy:

Guest kingdawson

Not true imho. He plays in a position that England are already well off and theres also about 8 defenders that are currently ahead of him in the pecking order.

Young, NRC, Huddlestone and onyohu are all more likey to get call ups imo.

Not true imho. He plays in a position that England are already well off and theres also about 8 defenders that are currently ahead of him in the pecking order.

Huddlestone who can't get a game for England U21s? :lol:

NRC would basically have to dislodge Gerrard and Lampard though wouldn't he?

Huddlstone to get in the England midfield?

Lol...

Guest toon tone rudeboy

Huddlestone???  :laugh:

By the way, that cheating dutch keeper needs a real beating.

For the record, I'd have him down as only the third best keeper in his whole squad. Krul would have saved Lita's goal.

I think Onuoha is a tremendous defender (Comfortably better than Taylor) but I think his complete and utter lack of any ability whatsoever in possesion of the ball will cost him full international recognition. But he'll be a very good player for City for years to come, and I'm happy enough with that.