Wes Brown

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

brown is decent, not a good enough defender to lead our back line or make a significant improvement, but someone worth having at the club. Tho I do think he would complement Ben Haim or Taylor well.

Excellent addition, he can play both right back and centre back. He will probably demand first team football to leave Man U though.. 

I rate him much hogher than Carr as a right back and would be glad if he signed for us.

He's second rate. There are several players at Man U who are made look a lot better than they actually are (i.e. Brown, O'Shea, Silvestre, Fletcher etc.). I would think that with the money that we may have in the near future, we should be looking a little higher than a Man U cast off. I rate Ben Haim highly and think he would be a good addition to our team. Even if we do sign Tal, we'll still need more quality at CB, and I don't think Wes Brown would be anything more than cover for RB or CB in emergencies. That being the case, why would he leave the Man U bench for ours?

• 4 months later...

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/2110_exposed.shtml

WES BROWN could quit Manchester United on a free at the end of the season.

The England defender's contract expires this summer and he is keen to secure his long-term future at Old Trafford.

But while talks over a new deal are ongoing, Sunderland, Newcastle and Manchester City are wating to pounce.

Brown is hoping for an offer of around £50,000 a week and unless agreement is reached United could lose a player valued at around £6million.

:frantic: :frantic:

Shit source, yeah, but even the thought of signing him for 6 million and giving him anything near 50k a week is frightening!

He's seems pretty settled in the Manure team atm, or will he lose his place when Neville is back? How much longer is Neville out?

Thought Brown has looked good the last few weeks, gets forward pretty well too and is well involved.

Guest Knightrider

Decent all-round player with vast experience at every level. Even for a few million he'd be an excellent addition given his ability to play in a number of positions, pace, schooling, age and lets not forget - ability.