Tuncay apparently signs for Boro

KaKa

I'm always amazed when I read these threads about you lot thinking the Boro will be in trouble.

Yeah, we may be one striker lite at the moment but don't forget Yakubu pulled in 15 goals last year and will do the same next, plus Adialiere/Dong Gook Lee will weigh in with at least 10 between them, not even figuring Tuncay into that mix.

The defence is solid, the midfield is going to get an injection of pace down the right, maybe even from Milner, and an experience right back sound.

You still think three of Wigan, Man City, Fulham, Derby, Sunlan and Brum will finish above us?

You've got to catch us yourselves!

oh and btw - watch Jekyll on BBC ONE on Saturday night. Will be good training on watching Viduka for a season.

Milner? Where's that come from? You've got more chance of signing Milburn, man. I like the way you think he's a possible "injection of pace" btw, the one thing he is not.

Yakubu pulled in 15 goals but didn't score at all in the last 13 games, it'll be interesting to see how he does without Viduka, he's a good player though. Dong Gook Lee is absolutely fucking hopeless and Aliadiere has got a hell of a lot to prove in the Premiership.

You've not got much in your midfield. Rochemback's up and down, Cattermole's dreadful, Boateng's on the slide, Morrison's out of favour, Johnson's unproven, Downing's good when on form but I don't think he had a great season last, Arca's been good for you though, obviously less said about Euell the better.

Tuncay's a surprise signing though, a good free since you've put most of your eggs in the Woodgate basket, got to give credit to Southgate for that one, if he's as good as everyone seems to think he is, you should be ok. Like us, you left it late to pull yourself free of relegation but you've lost your best player, so he'll have to be, depending on who else you sign.

Boro's attack could be pretty sexy if they played Tuncay and Aliadiere either side of Yakubu in a front three, but alas ... Southgate is not that smart and there is no way he would sacrifice Downing or be smart enough to play him through the middle.

If he did though, I think they would be alright you know but no where near as good as us.

:razz:

Guest Nufc4Life

On Boro's official site, they have loads of ''messages supposedly sent in by Turks, congratulating them for signing Tuncay.

Yeah, right, im sure Turkish fans would send in loads of emails, referring to Middlesbrough as Boro and so on...

Guest Wally_McFool

.......On Boro's official site, they have loads of ''messages supposedly sent in by Turks, congratulating them for signing Tuncay........

This is like the Anthony Vickers (of the Middlesbrough Evening Gazette) blog situation.

Not many people use it then all of a sudden all after the UEFA Cup final hammering, a Red Devil posted on there and started winding them up (for whatever reason) .

Magically, umpteen Sevilla fans then "invaded" his blog site almost all at the same time declaring their now undying love and future support for Meedlesburrow.

Funnily enough,  these "I also love Meedlesborrow" Sevilla fans have never been heard of since.

Well funny blog article  mackems.gif

http://anthonyvickers.boroblogs.co.uk/archives/2006/05/sevilla_case_of.html#comments

Guest Alex20

Tuncay is going to be a huge dissapointment next year, you heard it here first.

He doesn't fit their system plus well his technique is overrated. You'll thank sam for not signing him.

He would be a headache, he can't control a ball let alone dribble, just don't believe every youtube video you see,

I could record myself doing some fancy tricks dribbling and you'd think world class, don't work that way.

Boro's attack could be pretty sexy if they played Tuncay and Aliadiere either side of Yakubu in a front three, but alas ... Southgate is not that smart and there is no way he would sacrifice Downing or be smart enough to play him through the middle.

If he did though, I think they would be alright you know but no where near as good as us.

:razz:

Gareth Southgate isn't as smart as you?  lol.  Mate do me a favour....

Guest Nufc4Life

.......On Boro's official site, they have loads of ''messages supposedly sent in by Turks, congratulating them for signing Tuncay........

This is like the Anthony Vickers (of the Middlesbrough Evening Gazette) blog situation.

Not many people use it then all of a sudden all after the UEFA Cup final hammering, a Red Devil posted on there and started winding them up (for whatever reason) .

Magically, umpteen Sevilla fans then "invaded" his blog site almost all at the same time declaring their now undying love and future support for Meedlesburrow.

Funnily enough, these "I also love Meedlesborrow" Sevilla fans have never been heard of since.

Well funny blog article mackems.gif

http://anthonyvickers.boroblogs.co.uk/archives/2006/05/sevilla_case_of.html#comments

Lmao, thats quality.

Middlesbrough must be really desperate to put over there new signing. As if all of a sudden ''thousands'' of Turks would suddenly all decide to email Middlesbrough to say congratulations :lol:

Just seems like a publicity stunt to please the fans now they've lost Viduka!

Guest durhamsmoggy

Solid defence? You conceeded more than us last season!

and yet we still finished above you.

Again.

Funnily enough,  these "I also love Meedlesborrow" Sevilla fans have never been heard of since.

Well funny blog article  mackems.gif

Lmao, thats quality.

Middlesbrough must be really desperate to put over there new signing. As if all of a sudden ''thousands'' of Turks would suddenly all decide to email Middlesbrough to say congratulations :lol:

Just seems like a publicity stunt to please the fans now they've lost Viduka!

Thing is you know what the Turkish invasion was like around here when we dared to play one of their teams in the UEFA cup, they were having board wars between themselves, Gala Vs Fene etc... mackems.gif

As soon as a Turk leaves his homeland the entire nation decides we should be honored to have such class and they'll proceed to tell us he's better than any England player in his position and when you laugh at them they become hostile and start talking about how they've shagged load of English lasses, including yer mam!

So the Boro chairman better be prepared for the onslaught when Tuncay cant get in the team as he'll no doubt be like most Turkish footballers who cannot play well outside their bubble.

"To Boro chairman. We hate English, i hate u, i piss on u when i see u, i shagged your mother, she was good, Turkey forever!1!!1!!"

I can see it now!  :lol:

Again.

How many times have you finished above us in the last 15 years?

3?

Again.

3?

£65k a week to stay at Boro?

'Viduka sez no!'

bluelaugh.gif

Guest durhamsmoggy

Again.

3?

twice in the last three seasons.

Again.

3?

Were ashamed of were we finished, for yourselves its an achievement, nuff said.

Again.

3?

Your best player just turned you down for your so called rivals(Sunderland are our rivals).

You play in front of 10,000 empty red seats everyweek.

How many times have you qualified for Europe via the league? Infact how many times have you even been in Europe? Holidays to Spain don't count.

How many times have you been in the CL?

How many league titles have you won?

How many FA Cups have you won?

I could go on and on..

You will not finish above us this coming season.

Again.

Yeah but we know our defence is shite, which sort of scuppers your argument really, doesn't it?

3 points above us last year. We were pwnd tbh.

Fuking kicked all over.

You reckon were in for another hiding this year?

you heard it here first scumderland to finish above the smoggies next season

Fuking kicked all over.

19th?  :lol:

Fuking kicked all over.

19th?  :lol:

well I didnt say how far above or where in the table it would happen ;)