Nigel de Jong

GeordieDazzler

Being linked with Villa today. Hamburg are ready to sell to reduce thier wage bill, he can play right back aswell as backup for midfield. He's only 22 and a regular in the dutch national team, surley worth a look? Considering how hard its been to think of avaliable RB's?

Guest SwissMagpie

Vincent Kompany also wants to get out of Hamburg after just one year.thik he is mint

De Jong is a stupid cunt who wanted to leave Ajax because he found himself too good. Now the Hamburg coach tells him he can leave O0

At Ajax he always played way too wild, many stupid cards and fouls. Not what we need IMO.

There are loads of great Dutch players out there we should be looking at, i would love it if we built a team of top dutch internationals.

De Jong is a good player, but i'd rather have the more creative mids of Snejder (who could also be up for sale) or VDV.

All 3 plus a sniff at Huntaaler (sp) & maybe Heitenga (sp) would be a great little lot to have on the books.

Dont think we have a chance at Huntelaar, unless we somehow get into the CL next season.

Probably not, unless them lot are his friends and he was willing to do the move like that.

But those lots are some very decent players at the very least.

I hope we have a peak at one or two.

Guest Magpiecn

There are loads of great Dutch players out there we should be looking at, i would love it if we built a team of top dutch internationals.

De Jong is a good player, but i'd rather have the more creative mids of Snejder (who could also be up for sale) or VDV.

All 3 plus a sniff at Huntaaler (sp) & maybe Heitenga (sp) would be a great little lot to have on the books.

He wont come here.We are not the club he wants.

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/mail/villa/tm_headline=villa-boss-keeping-tabs-on-hamburg-midfielder%26method=full%26objectid=19271904%26siteid=50002-name_page.html

Villa boss keeping tabs on Hamburg midfielder

Jun 9 2007

By Bill Howell, Birmingham Mail

HAMBURG'S Dutch international midfielder Nigel de Jong is thought to be back on Martin O'Neill's radar as he attempts to find a replacement for Gavin McCann.

The German club are believed to have given Villa and other Premiership suitors encouragement to make a firm offer.

"We have heard rumours of interest from them (Villa)", said Hamburg Sporting Director Dietmar Beiersdorfer. "But at the moment there is no news."

Hamburg need to get their highest earner off the wage bill after a poor season in the Bundesliga which saw them flirt with relegation before finishing seventh and outside the Champions League places. They also lost five out of six Champions League games to finish bottom of Arsenal's group.

The 22-year-old defensive midfielder, who arrived from Ajax for £700,000 some 18 months ago at a time when Manchester United and Chelsea were both linked with moves, has three years remaining of a contract thought to earn him around £40,000 a week.

Both PSV Eindhoven and AZ Alkmaar are also said to be keen.

De Jong's time in the Bundesliga turned sour with the dismissal of coach Thomas Doll in February and subsequent arrival of Huub Stevens which left him on the sidelines.

Hamburg are ready to sell to reduce thier wage bill

I mentioned to few mates of mine that Hamburg would be a selling club this year due the huge investment they made last summer & it backfired big time.

I had a look on th HSV website & here is list of players I know/herd of/seen play/read about at Hamburg:

Def: Vincent Kompany,Joris Mathijsen,Thimothee Atouba

Mid: Raphael Wicky,Nigel de Jong, Juan Pablo Sorin, Rafael van der Vaart

Fwd:Paolo Guerrero, Boubacar Sanogo,Mehdi Mahdavikia

Worth signing Vad Der Vaart just for his lass: http://www.sylvievdvaart.nl/glamour_uk.asp#

I mentioned to few mates of mine that Hamburg would be a selling club this year due the huge investment they made last summer & it backfired big time.

I had a look on th HSV website & here is list of players I know/herd of/seen play/read about at Hamburg:

Worth signing Vad Der Vaart just for his lass: http://www.sylvievdvaart.nl/glamour_uk.asp#

Doesn't Atouba now play for Bremen? he's not on the greatest terms with the fans after putting two fingers up to them several times after he was booed and ultimately subbed in the champions league.

Doesn't Atouba now play for Bremen? he's not on the greatest terms with the fans after putting two fingers up to them several times after he was booed and ultimately subbed in the champions league.

Didnt know he had moved & he still on the HSV website. Knew he got banned from HSV after the CSKA game.

Didnt know he had moved & he still on the HSV website. Knew he got banned from HSV after the CSKA game.

He played for Bremen in some capacity this season i'm sure..

Guest kmdnufc

Being linked with Villa today. Hamburg are ready to sell to reduce thier wage bill, he can play right back aswell as backup for midfield. He's only 22 and a regular in the dutch national team, surley worth a look? Considering how hard its been to think of avaliable RB's?

I heard him being linked to Villa about 3 weeks ago, it went quiet and its comeback again. From what I've seen of him at HSV, he just looks incredible. One of the best defensive midfield prospects I've seen since Hargreaves. I wish he could joing us, but with Butt playing so well and the Barton signing I can't see it happening.

I heard him being linked to Villa about 3 weeks ago, it went quiet and its comeback again. From what I've seen of him at HSV, he just looks incredible. One of the best defensive midfield prospects I've seen since Hargreaves. I wish he could joing us, but with Butt playing so well and the Barton signing I can't see it happening.

I was think more of using him as a RB, if we are looking for a up and coming DMF we should look at that Fernandes lad.

I was think more of using him as a RB, if we are looking for a up and coming DMF we should look at that Fernandes lad.

Or Duscher is available on a free, I think he'd be a good addition to the squad and imo he'd jump at the chance to come to the premiership