Cash in on Martins?

womblemaster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is he going to get better though? Can you see him in 4-5 years time being a regular 20-25 goal a season striker? If not, I don't see where he's going to improve.

i can see him being a 20ish a season goalscorer......25 a season is alot these days

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

Def he is a top top striker... In 4 or 5 years time he'll be at his peak i reckon... Playing alongside other qualtiy players will only make him improve too... Last season our squad was sheeite!!

Is he going to get better though? Can you see him in 4-5 years time being a regular 20-25 goal a season striker? If not, I don't see where he's going to improve.

Even if he doesn't get better - and at 22 there's no reason why he shouldn't - why do we need to sell him when li'l Mikey is looking to jump ship? What would be the point?

More importantly, he is not going to get worse. A regular 17 goal a season striker is worth alot of money in football, so if he didn't improve (even though i think he will) his value will barely drop. Which i believe currently is around the 13m mark.

Why not keep him and if he doesn't improve significantly a couple of years down the line, then we can get rid for the same value?

Nope, i can see him becoming a bloody good flair player who'll probably average around 12-16 goals a season.

I am getting confused now, there is plenty he can improve upon. If he can improve his control. movement and general link up play he will already be a better player.

His control isn't that bad in my opinion. If he improves his movement he'll already be a much, much more effective attacker. The headless-chickenness tends to be something that evaporates as young flair players like him mature with age. Not the best comparison obviously, but look at Cristiano Ronaldo.

I can't see how it would be a good move to sell Oba now, just at the start of a new era for the club - with the systems and coaching being put in place that will give him the best chance to be a top, top player.

17 goals last season, a decent return - and that was in the shower of shit that was our team last year.

I would probably say that his bad and good qualities are 50/50 at the moment while his age works well for him and although we could probably get our money back why bother to sign a more expensive player with prem experience or a player getting on in age.

Guest Sniffer

You have to remember that martins was part of the shower of shit and, at times, one of the main reasons.

You have to remember that martins was part of the shower of shit and, at times, one of the main reasons.

Or you could look at it like he was one of the players who kept us in the league... Nah its too easy to claim he is shit.