Big Sam "I cant stop Owen Leaving"

Decky

im sure ill be slaughtered for this but im going to wait till he says he wants to leave or is going to leave before i start calling him worse than shit. he's done nothing wrong in my eyes and the way he's talked about on here is pathetic. so what if he hasnt stated publicly that he's going to stay, lampard, terry and henry all declared their loyalty to their clubs recently but are all leaving this summer "apparently" because its more newsworthy. its also not possible to call him greedy as it would be idiotic to reject the money WE offered him so thats our fault, not his.

Concise and agreeable. :thup:

Guest iainp999

I wish he'd just f*ck off, obviously he is unsure about being here and holding out for Liverpool to activate the release clause (despite the fact that they've repeatedly said they're not interested).

We can't make any plans with uncertainties like this hanging over us.

im sure ill be slaughtered for this but im going to wait till he says he wants to leave or is going to leave before i start calling him worse than s***. he's done nothing wrong in my eyes and the way he's talked about on here is pathetic. so what if he hasnt stated publicly that he's going to stay, lampard, terry and henry all declared their loyalty to their clubs recently but are all leaving this summer "apparently" because its more newsworthy. its also not possible to call him greedy as it would be idiotic to reject the money WE offered him so thats our fault, not his.

Maybe so but I think it's fair to say that he doesn't want to stay. Unless he signs a new contract he must be pushed. In January he'll be worth less and in the summer we'll be looking at £6,000,000.

Guest iainp999

im sure ill be slaughtered for this but im going to wait till he says he wants to leave or is going to leave before i start calling him worse than s***. he's done nothing wrong in my eyes and the way he's talked about on here is pathetic. so what if he hasnt stated publicly that he's going to stay, lampard, terry and henry all declared their loyalty to their clubs recently but are all leaving this summer "apparently" because its more newsworthy. its also not possible to call him greedy as it would be idiotic to reject the money WE offered him so thats our fault, not his.

Fair enough, but judging from Allardyce's quotes he's clearly no wiser than any of us as to what's going to happen, and that's no good when he has to make plans for moving forward.  All it would take is for the player himself to tell the manager where he stands - it doesn't have to be a public statement.

However, the fact that the manager is clueless speaks volumes.

Did we offer it or did he demand it. Either way I have doubts that he will ever be the player he was and I think many more weeks/months of injury and being out of the team whether ours or someone else's awaits him in future.

Guest Knightrider

im sure ill be slaughtered for this but im going to wait till he says he wants to leave or is going to leave before i start calling him worse than shit. he's done nothing wrong in my eyes and the way he's talked about on here is pathetic. so what if he hasnt stated publicly that he's going to stay, lampard, terry and henry all declared their loyalty to their clubs recently but are all leaving this summer "apparently" because its more newsworthy. its also not possible to call him greedy as it would be idiotic to reject the money WE offered him so thats our fault, not his.

It wouldn't fucking kill him to speak out though would it? Sorry but he's a cock, he did exactly the same thing to Liverpool. I couldn't care less if it his his right to move because some fat bastard inserted a clause in his contract or whether he could play for a bigger club because ours is shite, he has been paid fortunes for fuck all and owes us loyalty, or at least some respect and not all this silence. He should be man enough to say sorry fellas, I want out so all this speculation which isn't helping anyone can end and we can all move on, Owen too.

As for the "if he says something people will only twist his words", bull, he can say "I want to stay at Newcastle, that's the end of it, I won't speak about it again so don't ask me" or he could say he wants out.  I mean, it isn't as if his silence is silencing the speculation anyway is it?

Owen needs to remember we fucking saved him the embarrassment of getting splinters in his arse at Real Madrid ina  country he couldn't wait to leave because he and his family didn't like it, he also has to remember none of the big 4 wanted to know, not even "his" Liverpool and too right because he took a shit on them.

He must be one thick bbastard, or an optimist. He's been available for 9m since the clause came into effect,  which is over a month now, and no-one has shown an interest.

And I'll tell you why Michael, because you're a limited player, too injury prone, your wages are obscene and at £9m you'd be a massive gamble, furthermore there are a few strikers in the 15-18 league goals a season bracket who are available, at a whole lot cheaper (we've just got one on a free :lol:) too and without all the injury and fitness issues.

I'm sure your growing mercenary tag who only gives a stuff about the white of England is also putting a few people off.

You made you bed Michael, fucking lie in it or do us all a favour and fuck off.

Guest BooBoo

It wouldn't f****** kill him to speak out though would it? Sorry but he's a cock, he did exactly the same thing to Liverpool. I couldn't care less if it his his right to move because some fat b****** inserted a clause in his contract or whether he could play for a bigger club because ours is s****, he has been paid fortunes for f*** all and owes us loyalty, or at least some respect and not all this silence. He should be man enough to say sorry fellas, I want out so all this speculation which isn't helping anyone can end and we can all move on, Owen too.

As for the "if he says something people will only twist his words", bull, he can say "I want to stay at Newcastle, that's the end of it, I won't speak about it again so don't ask me" or he could say he wants out.  I mean, it isn't as if his silence is silencing the speculation anyway is it?

Owen needs to remember we f****** saved him the embarrassment of getting splinters in his arse at Real Madrid ina  country he couldn't wait to leave because he and his family didn't like it, he also has to remember none of the big 4 wanted to know, not even "his" Liverpool and too right because he took a s*** on them.

He must be one thick bbastard, or an optimist. He's been available for 9m since the clause came into effect,  which is over a month now, and no-one has shown an interest.

And I'll tell you why Michael, because you're a limited player, too injury prone, your wages are obscene and at £9m you'd be a massive gamble, furthermore there are a few strikers in the 15-18 league goals a season bracket who are available, at a whole lot cheaper (we've just got one on a free :lol:) too and without all the injury and fitness issues.

I'm sure your growing mercenary tag who only gives a stuff about the white of England is also putting a few people off.

You made you bed Michael, f****** lie in it or do us all a favour and f*** off.

Well said.

Guest Knightrider

The best thing for us would have been for him to have never recovered so we could cash in on the insurance.

I wouldn't be certain about martin's loyalty dman.   Is anybody absolutely 100% sure that martins wouldn't agitate for a move if a "  big " club comes in for him? I'm not.

Like when Chelsea were in for him before and he rubbished it and said he wanted to stay?

Bottom line is we took a huge risk on getting Owen here, his agents rightly screwed us over and we were the mugs that accepted their demands, as we were shitting it we would lose out to Liverpool or someone else.

Back then it would have seemed less of a risk, from then to now everyone at the club would have thought he would have been our top goalscorer both seasons and enjoying his life up here.

All that time out has certainly given him time to think about what he wants to do.

Personally like quite a few others on here, im convinced none of the big clubs will touch him until at least January until he has either proven himself back to his best and injury free, or the opposite.

Of course everyone would love to keep him if he came out and said he was staying, but im not going to cry if he leaves. He will get some quality abuse though upon his return, and with a bit of luck a shiner courtesy or Wor Al.

Sounds pretty much like what he did when he left us. Owen's chief interest is Owen and his England career. Which is odd for a Welshman.

Mark my words, if an offer comes in that he likes, he'll be off like a shot.

Guest johnson293

We don't want to be strong-armed in January. Either he commits or he pisses off. Sadly I reckon we'll f*** about till August 31st and we sell him without a replacement or get dictated too in January/next summer.

I just posted this in the 'Giuly' thread, since the Owen discussion spread over there as well...

My worry is though, that he stays through this transfer window, and by some miracle or other plays through to January without injury (or at least serious injury), and scores a few goals for us. If todays rumours are correct, he will then still be eligible to leave under a min. release clause, but that clause figure will have dropped by 25% (circa £2.2m, down to £6.8m ish).

One of the big four may then decide he's worth the risk at that price, and snap hm up - leaving us with a hole to fill up front mid-season.

If he isn't gonna come out and commit himself for the full forthcoming season (at least), I would rather just get shot of him now, for £9m - at least we have time to buy another striker who would wnat to be here, in time to prepare for the whole season.

And, in a round-about kind of way, I think that is what Sam is trying to do today - putting the onus back onto Owen, by stating he can't stop him leaving, and hoping that it may push Owen one way or another. Similar to what Shepherd tried to do (demanding statement of commitment), just in a better, more subtle way.

Wonder if Sam could get him to agree to stay the full season if a £9m bid doesn't come in by a certain date (say 1st July) - so we wouldn't be left in the lurch on 31st August.

More kudos to Sam, he wants it sorted and clearly hasn't had the affirmation from the player himself so he lays the cards on the table so everyone can see them.

I think Owen could be very good with Viduka, he certainly has a better footballing brain than Martins. Maybe Martins can improve, that's an unknown. But if owens not commited to the cause get rid and get someone who is.

Guest MagicNumber9

I wish he'd just f*ck off, obviously he is unsure about being here and holding out for Liverpool to activate the release clause (despite the fact that they've repeatedly said they're not interested).

We can't make any plans with uncertainties like this hanging over us.

Spot on.

We don't want to be strong-armed in January. Either he commits or he pisses off. Sadly I reckon we'll f*** about till August 31st and we sell him without a replacement or get dictated too in January/next summer.

I just posted this in the 'Giuly' thread, since the Owen discussion spread over there as well...

My worry is though, that he stays through this transfer window, and by some miracle or other plays through to January without injury (or at least serious injury), and scores a few goals for us. If todays rumours are correct, he will then still be eligible to leave under a min. release clause, but that clause figure will have dropped by 25% (circa £2.2m, down to £6.8m ish).

One of the big four may then decide he's worth the risk at that price, and snap hm up - leaving us with a hole to fill up front mid-season.

If he isn't gonna come out and commit himself for the full forthcoming season (at least), I would rather just get shot of him now, for £9m - at least we have time to buy another striker who would wnat to be here, in time to prepare for the whole season.

And, in a round-about kind of way, I think that is what Sam is trying to do today - putting the onus back onto Owen, by stating he can't stop him leaving, and hoping that it may push Owen one way or another. Similar to what Shepherd tried to do (demanding statement of commitment), just in a better, more subtle way.

Wonder if Sam could get him to agree to stay the full season if a £9m bid doesn't come in by a certain date (say 1st July) - so we wouldn't be left in the lurch on 31st August.

If Owen gets a good run until christmas without injuries we can be sure he will pick up an injurie in january. Perfect time to sell... ;-)

Hoping he'll be sold asap now.

Think Owen is probably refusing to give Sam any assurances he wants to stay so Sam is blatantly advertising him to as many clubs as possible.

Personally hope he's sold, wouldn't feel in the least bit bad for him if he does leave and then suffers another ACL tear. Disgraceful that he doesn't feel any sense of debt to us after the last two years, especially after coming out and saying that he did feel he owed us lasts season.

How quickly things change, eh Michael? You little cunt.

Guest Alan_Shearer

Hoping he'll be sold asap now.

Think Owen is probably refusing to give Sam any assurances he wants to stay so Sam is blatantly advertising him to as many clubs as possible.

Personally hope he's sold, wouldn't feel in the least bit bad for him if he does leave and then suffers another ACL tear. Disgraceful that he doesn't feel any sense of debt to us after the last two years, especially after coming out and saying that he did feel he owed us lasts season.

How quickly things change, eh Michael? You little c***.

Agreed, get Bob Sapp on his ass!

If Owen gets a good run until christmas without injuries we can be sure he will pick up an injurie in january. Perfect time to sell... ;-)

Then £9M is no longer the asking price but down to £6. something

Guest optimistic nit

Maybe so but I think it's fair to say that he doesn't want to stay. Unless he signs a new contract he must be pushed. In January he'll be worth less and in the summer we'll be looking at £6,000,000.

the thing about owens value is that its his release clause not ability thats keeping his value down, and that will stay at 9million. i think his value won't decrease until he's 30. even at 30 a striker of owens calibour will be worth something.

the thing about owens value is that its his release clause not ability thats keeping his value down, and that will stay at 9million. i think his value won't decrease until he's 30. even at 30 a striker of owens calibour will be worth something.

I was lead to believe that the release clause gets cheaper as the years go by.

Sounds pretty much like what he did when he left us. Owen's chief interest is Owen and his England career. Which is odd for a Welshman.

Mark my words, if an offer comes in that he likes, he'll be off like a shot.

Sums him up well. He wants out, he thinks hes better than us, but hes not saying it publicly - sneaking around behind everyone's backs, ready to screw us over if it suits him. As soon as its concrete that noone wants him, hell come out with the "I was never interested in leaving, this is a massive club, I have a contract with Newcastle and I will honour it" bollocks, when its in fact the complete opposite.