Big Sam "I cant stop Owen Leaving"

Decky

There should have been a time agreement ont he £9mill get out claus, so say if no bids have came in when we reach the final 2 weeks of the window then he cannot leave unless we say so, or we may lose him ont he final day of the window when its to late to replace him..

Sadly, he doesn't want to be here & Sam has already said he must have players who want to play for the shirt. If (it's a bigger if than some may think) we can get anyone to meet the 9M & agree to his wages the we get rid. He must have spent more minutes playing for England than he has for us.

Sell him and hope he breaks his legs and it ends his career. England need him, but Newcastle need him as well. If he has the audacity to ask for a transfer then he deserves everything bad that happens to him.

Why have you still got a Scott Parker avatar?

Sell him and hope he breaks his legs and it ends his career. England need him, but Newcastle need him as well. If he has the audacity to ask for a transfer then he deserves everything bad that happens to him.

Why have you still got a Scott Parker avatar?

Never really took much notice tbh. I'll change it soon.

big sam is trying to force the issue one way or another here and i cant blame him.

if he goes, i think its nailed on we will replace him with anelka.

Q more 'big sam to nic anelka' headlines.

I would like Owen to stay but as he has hardly played for us, there is no emotional attachment to him so if he goes, I won't miss him.  I am curious though to see how Sam would use him and how successful it would be.

All I want really is for it to resolved ASAP and not to drag on all Summer - I think we are at least owed that much.  However, I daresay the "big" clubs will probably only consider him if they don't get their other targets in which case, it is going to be one long frustrating Summer.

I dont understand why everyone is missing the following point....

Owen is on £100k ish a week so over the course of a year thats £5.2m a year. This means that Owen himself can buy himself out of his contract for a little over £10m and move to any club. If he did this we would lose out on shirt sales and marketing/tv deal. So yes a 9m release sounds stupid but not a much as you might think.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Sell Owen for £9 mill. Get Anelka for £9 mill. Viduka + Anelka = partnership with goals + adding to the whole team = domination of world football.

I also worry that Owen is going to stay for the first half of the year, and one of the big four will splash the cash for him in January, leaving us high and dry. Let's face it, if he proves himself and stays fit up to January, and you're one of the big four, making a run in the Champions League, you're not going to resist a player of Owen's caliber who is not cup tied. He could make a big difference, just as Larsson did at Man United this past year.

Not to repeat what everyone else is saying, but SA is doing the right thing here. He is basically saying the same thing Roeder said, but not nearly as combative. He's already talked to Owen, as we know, so he's either giving Owen a chance to save face, or is trying to make one of the big four move for him quickly. Either way, I'm fine with it. I just want it dealt with now.

Personally I can't see him leaving............but if he does, wouldn't there be fuckin riots? after all of the assurances and promises hes made in the past. He'd be the most hated person in the North East!!

I just don't know but I can't see him being stupid or shallow enough to just leave after all the money we've invested in his rehabilitation.....he said he's felt so guilty about it all, so now he needs to open his mouth to reassure all of us. If he doesn't then there'll  prolly be quite a few eggs thrown at him blueyes.gif

Guest microbar

Let the ungratefull little money grabbing  B****** go

we want commited players at sjp

sell him to darlington for 9 million lol  :celb:

I wonder what Shearer will think about it if Owen leaves. He won't come out in public saying anything bad about Owen, and he might not even say much to him, but deep down he'll be fucking disgusted in him i think. I'd love Owen to stay here but only if he signed a new contract which isn't gonna happen. If he goes then buy Anelka. If we lose Martins as well then i think Darren Bent would be a good buy. We would probably get more goals out of them two than Owen and Martins next season taking into account Owens injury record and Martins consistency (he should be more consistent next season fingers crossed).

I think MO was only ever passing through, and if he leaves I won't be in the least bit surprised.  His wages are huge and his contribution has been minimal, so if we managed to replace him with a class player I wouldn't be too gutted.  Especially as he'll want to be elsewhere next season and will probably break down with injury again anyway.  If he's too big for the club then let him go I say.

From Shepherd's perspective the signing made perfect sense - replace Shearer, get goals into the team, lift the team, sell shirts, sell season tickets.  The only truly barmy thing is the size of the release fee.

Guest Ridzuan

I rather not have Owen joining us for that amount of money if there is a release cause but i think at that time,it was a desperate move from Freddy and Souness as well.They did not want to let the opportunity of getting Owen here goes begging.We can use the 17m to buy lots of other quality players instead.

:lol:

So the clause was real, after all the denying. 

Surely, there is no-one on here genuinely surprised at this revelation.??

Did anyone actually believe that Owen came to NUFC with the intention of totally committing himself to the

Club until he saw which way it was going , because I didn't - for goodness' sake, we haven't won a Domestic trophy for 52 years and we are perpetually grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory in every aspect of the club's operation, so a player like him wasn't going to rush into a move here unless he had a way of getting out if it all went pear-shaoed, which it DID.

Agreed, his injuries were a large part of it all, but any fool could look at his past record in that respect, but it didn't stop Shepherd & Souness from putting all their eggs in the Owen basket by paying 17m for him, AND risking a huge loss for the club with the escape clause, which now looks as if it could be activated.

I believe that Ashley & Allardyce have allowed this to become public so that THEY aren't tarred with the crap that will surely fly if Owen goes for 9m, ESP to Liverpool or Manure, and also to try to flush the player out and get his real intentions on the table, which is essential for future planning.

In my opinion, good player though he has been(we don't yet know if he is still as good..), the Club should be actively trying to get the best possible replacement lined up - even if it means Ashley has to break his

'NO SPEND' pledge before the Financial review - this could make or break the coming season.

Although its a long shot, even a bid for Huntelaar should be attempted - in view of the financial resources which will be available, it may be just worth a try and then Owen could please himself what he does - it will matter less to NUFC..

"And I look forward to the day I can thank them by getting back out on the pitch and scoring goals for the team in a Newcastle shirt."

do it c*** or karma

old mate carr will slot two pies through ur next teams sticks one day

A question that just occurred to me over this whole Owen saga.  Has Freddy broken the law by misleading the share market?

Wasn't Shepherd denying all existence of an exit clause/fee in Owen's contract, and if it does in fact exist isn't that misleading the market such that investors may have invested in NUFC Plc shares due to the information provided by the Chairman?

I am pretty sure (in Australia at least) that if your company is publicly listed and you provide false or misleading information to the market you can be fined quite heavily by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission.

A question that just occurred to me over this whole Owen saga.  Has Freddy broken the law by misleading the share market?

Wasn't Shepherd denying all existence of an exit clause/fee in Owen's contract, and if it does in fact exist isn't that misleading the market such that investors may have invested in NUFC Plc shares due to the information provided by the Chairman?

I am pretty sure (in Australia at least) that if your company is publicly listed and you provide false or misleading information to the market you can be fined quite heavily by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission.

Nope he didnt. What Freddy did deny was the existence of a clause that allows Owen to leave after one year. That was the only clause that was denied. He did say that Owen had clauses in his contract but that was definitely not one of them.

My guess is that his release clause allows Owen to speak to a CL club in the event that we fail to qualify for club, for a fee equal to his book value after amortization.