Fernando Torres (From The Mirror)

Optimistic Nut

All very well saying we need to buy these guys to get into the Champions League but unfortunately you have to get into the Champions League to get these guys so it's catch 22.

I think We will need to bring in some good experienced players who have played at the top level but are getting past their best and also get lucky with some good young prospects in order to get back into Europe.

Being able to afford the best players in the world is one thing, being able to attract them is another thing entirely.

Tend to agree with your last comment.  However, that is why Ashley and Allerdyce will be there.  Their job is to "attract" the best in the initial period.

Guest exilim

The big four and the three newly-rich.. What a load of crap

Spurs one of the newly-rich??  We haven't got our very own Icelander with money to burn.

Can't see Man Utd spending any more, Liverpool's new owners haven't opened their wallets yet, Chelsea's owner has shut his and the scum haven't got the money unless they sell Henry as they have their debt on their brand new refurbished rubbish dump.  Don't think Torres will settle for a Uefa team so Italy would be my guess for his destination.

Well, man utd havent got tevez yet. They are searching for a new striker and who knows? Torres might be their man.

Guest DavB93

Sceptic about Torres actually. For that kind of money we can find players that will be better in the PL.

You don't know how well Torres will be in the PL...might take to it like a duck to water.

Guest exilim

Sceptic about Torres actually. For that kind of money we can find players that will be better in the PL.

Like who? Crouch? Bellamy?

Maybe we should go for Bojinov or Fabio Quagliarella or Pazzini. No idea if they will do well in epl but they are very good players.

Guest exilim

Look up torres on wikipedia, this is what i got.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Torres

Shame when i read that part about "At the time, Newcastle United manager Sir Bobby Robson was apparently informed of Torres' talent by a Newcastle scout. Robson, however, decided against a move for the Spaniard."

Let's have a trivia.

Was the person writing the article in wikipedia about torres an Arsenal Fan, Manchester Utd Fan, Newcastle Fan, Liverpool Fan or a Chelsea Fan?

Guest Guinness

Every year Torres is linked with a big money move to the premiership but it always fails to materialise. I'd just be amazed to actually see him leave.

no way he'd ever go to us, spurs or the hammers...

what parallel universe are you living in where a striker with the reputation of torres would even be allowed to get near spurs?  i could see them changing the flight path of his plane if he was gonna fly into the uk just in case he got too close!!

i love this newly developing belief that spurs are something special when they've acheived precisely the same as keegans newcastle, i.e. played some nice football but ultimately bottled it when it counted

the only way spurs could get near the lad is buy outbidding everyone else and they'll never do that...

spurs, jesus, and west ham!!  ha ha....don't make me laugh, oh you already have

The big four and the three newly-rich.. What a load of crap

Spurs one of the newly-rich??  We haven't got our very own Icelander with money to burn.

Can't see Man Utd spending any more, Liverpool's new owners haven't opened their wallets yet, Chelsea's owner has shut his and the scum haven't got the money unless they sell Henry as they have their debt on their brand new refurbished rubbish dump.  Don't think Torres will settle for a Uefa team so Italy would be my guess for his destination.

I think you dont understand that arsenal DO have money. And to be honest i have been the Emirates Stadium on a few occasions and it is the nicest stadium in the country, i havent been them all before you come up with that, but, the one people say is close, Old Trafford i have been and its no where near as nice.

I bet its horrible being a tottenham fan living in arsenals shadow tbh

:lol: Not a chance.

And i wouldn't be bothered. Let some other club worry about making him work in this league, while paying the gargantuan wages that he'll need. We've got enough strikers, all of whom we should look to hang onto.

You could see him turning out just like Luque if we were to sign him.

Why... cos he's Spanish?

Big money signing on big wages.

Everyone raving about how good he is and how they've seen this goal and that goal on youtube.

Doesn't immediately set the world alight and struggles to come to terms with the physical nature of the premiership and/or picks up nasty injury.

Fans start getting on players back at what is actual and/or percieved lack of commitment when player does play.

Viscious cycle is started and player eventually leaves for fraction of their original cost.

I hate this f*cking YouTube argument. You get to see just as much Spanish football on Sky these days than English, and Torres is quality. Doesn't take a 5 minute clip on YouTube to tell me that.

I'm not disputing both are good players just illustrating what happened in th luque case.