Linked with Danny Murphy ...

KaKa

Finally, Newcastle are planning a dressing-room extension to accommodate Tal Ben Haim, Sami Hyypia, Paris Saint-Germain laughing stock David Rozehnal, casual Marseille full-back Habib Beye, Spurs blast from the past Danny Murphy, and Big Sam's big plans.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/rumourmill/index/0,,2101018,00.html

I have always had a major regard for Danny Murphy and cannot for the life of me understand why Spurs do not use him. I absolutely love his vision and range of passing. I do think he is a lot more effective in a 4-3-3 as he was at Charlton with Curbs, and so I guess he doesn't really suit Tottenham's setup.

This looks very much like an Allardyce signing and I wouldn't be surprised in the least as he would fit well into a 4-3-3 as mentioned. Just turned 30 so Sam will be thinking he could get a lot out of him still. If Barton is our Nolan then I guess Murphy would be our Speed?

Murphy and £5 million for Kieron Dyer and everyone goes home happy.

Paris Saint-Germain laughing stock David Rozehnal

Whats that all about?....

I chose to ignore that ... hopefully it's some sort of inside joke that has nothing to do with his footballing abilities (gulp!)

Guest exilim

Paris Saint-Germain laughing stock David Rozehnal

Whats that all about?....

Too many in the world talking shit when they are bored.

no more than lazy journalism in my opinion...or maybe i'm being influenced by the giuly type rumours flying about but this falls in the same category

the way i see it is allardyce used to buy players the wrong side of 30 out of necessity rather than desire....why on earth the papers think he'll carry this on at our place is beyind me, he's too clever for that

only expanation if he starts out like that is that ashleys told him he's on the bones of his arse until january or something and i just don't see that as feasible

murphy was never good enough in any team he's played in - we should be looking at least a level or two above this type of signing, people who say we can't break into the top 4,5,6 next season would be proved right by this type of signing

allardyce is surely too smart?

PSG player of year and in french team of season, yep all points to a laughing stock.

Yeah exactly...thats why its a bit puzzling to have such conflicting accounts of him. Maybe the person who wrote this article is a twat like that ron liddle fucker.

Way past it.

And i'm really not sure what they're trying to acheive with the 'laughing stock' bit. Is he a laughing stock?

possibly a tenuous link to when they used to tag us as NUCC (Newcastle United Comedy Club) albeit a not very good one

no more than lazy journalism in my opinion...or maybe i'm being influenced by the giuly type rumours flying about but this falls in the same category

the way i see it is allardyce used to buy players the wrong side of 30 out of necessity rather than desire....why on earth the papers think he'll carry this on at our place is beyind me, he's too clever for that

only expanation if he starts out like that is that ashleys told him he's on the bones of his arse until january or something and i just don't see that as feasible

murphy was never good enough in any team he's played in - we should be looking at least a level or two above this type of signing, people who say we can't break into the top 4,5,6 next season would be proved right by this type of signing

harsh.

harsh.

actually very harsh you're right, i suppose what i meant was not good enough in a team pushing for europe and higher, i.e. his stints at liverpool (mostly) and spurs being largely average punctated by the odd moment of quality from a free kick or a nice pass...but not consistent enough overall, plus he offers little defensively as you point out and would need a 4-4-2

he was good enough for the level charlton were operating at when he was there of course

however the fact he's nowhere near a spurs team with the amount of pace and passing options he'd have tells it's own story...

just think we should be aiming higher than that to be honest

I would have taken him when we were last linked to him but his stock has fallen alot now, don't think he would improve things. If we could get him in very cheap and on low wages then I wouldn't be that bothered by the move!

Guest teepee

arent we supposed to be rich?

i like danny murphy, but i'd bloody well like to see a bit more ambition

arent we supposed to be rich?

i like danny murphy, but i'd bloody well like to see a bit more ambition

agreed

there's far too much of the "he'll never come here" and "he'd go there before us" type crap running about for me

it's the old oscar wilde quote (paraphrasing) "i might be living in the gutter but i'm looking at the stars"

if we operate in the transfer gutter then that's where we'll end up, if we aim for the stars then who knows?

:lol: You bunch off fools :lol:

:lol: This is a regular Guardian JOKE column :lol:

actually is's not pal, it's a column where they compile the rumours from other places/papers and put them together in a humourous fashion

if you look around the rumour will exist somewhere

very different from a joke column

:lol: You bunch off fools :lol:

:lol: This is a regular Guardian JOKE column :lol:

actually is's not pal, it's a column where they compile the rumours from other places/papers and put them together in a humourous fashion

if you look around the rumour will exist somewhere

very different from a joke column

The humour starts after the mention of Beye (if you exclude the laughing stock and casual comments that have already caused a stir amongst some, including yourself).

There is no mention of Murphy anywhere, he is just part of the joke.

Finally, Newcastle are planning a dressing-room extension to accommodate Tal Ben Haim, Sami Hyypia, Paris Saint-Germain laughing stock David Rozehnal, casual Marseille full-back Habib Beye, Spurs blast from the past Danny Murphy, and Big Sam's big plans.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/rumourmill/index/0,,2101018,00.html

I have always had a major regard for Danny Murphy and cannot for the life of me understand why Spurs do not use him.

Cos he's always injured?

Plus, he's past it. I'd rather have Speed.