Defensive midfielders

bodson

Butt was fantastic today.

A three of Butt Geremi and Barton is mouth watering to say the least.

Not really.

I'd say a midfield of Pirlo, Kaka and Gatusso was mouth watering, Butt, Geremi and Barton will just be a hard working trio.

I know it seems like a very unpopular opinion atm but I'd try and fit Emre in there somewhere, if he can stay fit like.

Not really.

I'd say a midfield of Pirlo, Kaka and Gatusso was mouth watering, Butt, Geremi and Barton will just be a hard working trio.

I know it seems like a very unpopular opinion atm but I'd try and fit Emre in there somewhere, if he can stay fit like.

Emre instead of Butt for the majority of home games, no need to have Geremi and Butt in against the weaker teams.

Guest Verlaine

Not really.

You like them with long hair, eh? :razz:

I rate Emre too, especially the Emre that i believe Big Sam will bring out. However, he may have to force his way into our midfield with some of our performances.

I'd even be tempted to stick him on the left of a 442 in home games.

I rate Emre too, especially the Emre that i believe Big Sam will bring out. However, he may have to force his way into our midfield with some of our performances.

I'd even be tempted to stick him on the left of a 442 in home games.

:rant:

Wasted there IMO.

Agree with Baggio though, different trios for different oppositions. Nice range of options in the middle of the park now, looks good.

Guest unrealterrorist

Do you think that we have enough cover here?

Its an extremely important position for a team with continous defensive problems. We need someone who can take a lot of work of our defenders shoulders. Butt is ok but surely there are better players to get in here. Butt is excellent cover but should not be the first choice for the position imo. We need someone like Frings, M.Diarra, Makelele, Gattuso. Im not saying we can get these names, Im just saying its the kind of player we need. Im worried we are weak in the position at the moment. Appiah might be a solution.

Yeah i do now

The more I see of Geremi the more Im sure we wont be buying another DM this window.

Without taking credit away from Butt, who has been excellent, Geremi looks classy in that role.

A Trio of        Barton Geremi Emre            or          Barton  Geremi  Smith        is pretty fearsome.

Rozenhal of course is also experienced in playing as a DM. Im sure the last signing of the four will be a RB.

Should Enrique and Drago come in.

Although it looks like he has already chosen to sign for Everton, it would be interesting to see if we would still push through a deal for Baines if he did want to come.