Sam wants to save Luque's toon career....

Guest Darth Toon

Guest teepee

i dont think he will ever be a good player for us - but i think it is the right way to handle the situation by sam. keep him in the squad and see what he can do with him. could easily get a bit of time on the left until duff is fit again.

In all honesty if Allardyce can get players like Nzogbia, Luque, and even the likes of Dyer and Emre performing, then I think we will have quite a few more options in our side than we realise. If we end up playing 4-3-3, and Allardyce can get the best out of them we could potentially have a choice between Owen/Viduka/Martins/Ameobi/Dyer/Luque, and possibly N'Zogbia for the attacking positions, which in my opinion would be very very strong.

I personally think that an on form forward 3 of Luque Viduka Dyer could cause problems, and thats a strike force without our 2 big guns!

I would be suprised however if Luque has it in him to want to succeed here.

Now for a defence.....

I

I personally think that an on form forward 3 of Luque Viduka Dyer could cause problems, and thats a strike force without our 2 big guns!

Good observation that.

Guest Darth Toon

In all honesty if Allardyce can get players like Nzogbia, Luque, and even the likes of Dyer and Emre performing, then I think we will have quite a few more options in our side than we realise. If we end up playing 4-3-3, and Allardyce can get the best out of them we could potentially have a choice between Owen/Viduka/Martins/Ameobi/Dyer/Luque, and possibly N'Zogbia for the attacking positions, which in my opinion would be very very strong.

Now for a defence.....

Definitely - Luque was apparently always most effective in a 4-3-3 and as that's Sam's preferred formation then it makes sense to try and keep him.

Like the look of the forward 3 with Viduka and Dyer in it as well, and you could probably also include Milner in your list of forward options for this formation - back it up with a midfield trio of Butt, Barton and Emre and you have a pretty solid looking line-up.

Now, about that defence you mention......

Now for a defence.....

Definitely - Luque was apparently always most effective in a 4-3-3 and as that's Sam's preferred formation then it makes sense to try and keep him.

Like the look of the forward 3 with Viduka and Dyer in it as well, and you could probably also include Milner in your list of forward options for this formation - back it up with a midfield trio of Butt, Barton and Emre and you have a pretty solid looking line-up.

Now, about that defence you mention......

Yeah stuck on that part!

If you're including Milner in there then you could probably throw Duff in there (Another player Allardyce will hopefully work on) so we do potentially have plenty of options.

Im not a fan of Butt for the first 11, if we could get a more mobile DM, and sit them behind Emre and Barton I would be happy.

Guest ChickenKiev

That's actually really promising.  I don't rate Luque, and I don't think he helped himself, but Allardyce's spot on with how we've handled foreign players in the past and who knows, maybe he can get something out of him that the last two couldn't.  Let's face it, the situation can't get any worse.

Can't believe i just read that!

Me neither!

This is what I wanted to hear from a manager for a long long time...Just fu*king give people a chance...

Roeder you f*&^$@#

He has more chance of winning us a trophy than getting Luque to play well.

But Im delighted by this news, I think he talks about N'Zogbia aswell. This should effectively end any need to bring in another striker/cover for duff.

That just made my day!

Fucking brilliant news, i always rated Luque highly before he came here, and regardless of what he does now (after being given a chance by Allardyce) at the very least he won't leave without us ever knowing if he couldve done better under better manager(s) than Roeder and Souness.

He will be a very usefull squad player if we decide to keep him, and i love the fact that unlike most of our former manager, Sam Allardyce is willing to take on so called "lost causes" and at the very least (try) and get the best out of them.

Pearson, Clark and Roeder must be gutted :lol:

That's actually really promising.  I don't rate Luque, and I don't think he helped himself, but Allardyce's spot on with how we've handled foreign players in the past and who knows, maybe he can get something out of him that the last two couldn't.  Let's face it, the situation can't get any worse.

What did you do to the real Gemmill?

Maybe like the rest of us he sees this huge waste of money and he hopes the guy can fill in until Duff returns and would possible angle a move out of the club after that.

What did you do to the real Gemmill?

Must have been the old job to blame :lol:

Maybe like the rest of us he sees this huge waste of money and he hopes the guy can fill in until Duff returns and would possible angle a move out of the club after that.

Duff is even more of a waste of money than Luque tbh...

No he's not, put aside how bad his debut season was, at least its a season of some description.

Duff still holds value, at least he's playable and not a liability. If Duff wasn't injured and we put him up for sale tomorrow, i'd say we'd even make money off him.

No he's not, put aside how bad his debut season was, at least its a season of some description.

Duff still holds value, at least he's playable and not a liability. If Duff wasn't injured and we put him up for sale tomorrow, i'd say we'd even make money off him.

Actually Luque got more goals/assists than Duff in less games..

Guest Magpiecn

especially in UEFA

EPL?

They've both been shit.

There is no avoiding the fact that he is a gutless, poor footballer for us.

What value ? I think Luque will hold similar value to Duff but in Spain which is obviously close to 90% depreciation...