Henry signs for Barcelona

SUPERTOON

Wenger is on the Real shortlist apparently. I dont think he is likely to leave them before the end of next season, he is an honourable man.

Will be interesting to see who he goes for to fill the hole, Henry has never had a top class partner so Id expect them to bring in a couple of decent players.

Yes you are completely correct. Dennis Bergkamp was absolute garbage.

I'll miss Henry in the Premiership, I think alongside Alan, hes the best player to have graced the league in its history.

I wish him well and I hope to god Arsenal stay the fuck away from our players. They're all ours  :knuppel2:

On the Owen issue, £9m probably isn't that much below what he's worth, when you consider his contract situation and the fact he's barely played competitive football since December 2005. In 12 months he'll be in his last year of contract, in 2 years he'll be free, and everybody knows he'd rather be elsewhere which further drives down his value.

I don't want us to lose him simply because I don't think we're capable of attracing a player that good and I feel that he's professional enough to do his best even if he doesn't want to be here.

Why will you miss him though? If you've got Sky you'll see even more of him in La Liga because Barca must have about 35 live games a season on Sky Sports along with Real Madrid.

Yeah sky sports seem to show Real and Barca almost exclusively every sunday, and occasionally Sevilla and Valencia. They almost never show other teams unless it's against those four. Your average sky viewer would probably see more of Henry with him playing for Barca than they have in the past.

Fucking hell! Although I predicted this in that striker thread, it's weird that it's actually happening.

This has all come about through the loss of David Dein imo, and shows just how much of a coup it would be for us if we got him.

Guest mishka17

Martins said he wants to stay ????

when has that ever mattered ?

dunno, read it yesterday on good polish website

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6039/henrybarcabq5.jpg

:D

:D Good work!!

I will miss Thiery and I think the premiership will miss his presence. Arsenal I feel will struggle to recover from such a loss. My mate being an Arsenal fan is naturally devastated. I predicted this back when he was "injured" with sciatica and my mate has been denying it ever since. Something has gone on behind the scenes IMO. 

Guest mishka17

henry for only 16mln? if i were in arsenal board, i would sell him for 30mlns!

Amazing how his stock has fallen due to about 18 months of injury.

henry for 16mlns, aswell as bent, and 15 for forlan...who's the best in this group and proven top goal scorer?

henry for 16mlns, aswell as bent, and 15 for forlan...who's the best in this group and proven top goal scorer?

Aye when you compare it to the Bent price it really is daylight robbery.

2005-06 - 44 appearances, 33 goals

2006-07 - 27 appearances,  12 goals

Very good player and he hasnt been consistly injured. One extended break after trying to play through it.

Aye when you compare it to the Bent price it really is daylight robbery.

£16m for a player who's approaching 30 and has been very injury prone the last two years is a huge gamble imo.

Who's 30 year old in that group? He's got 3 years left in him at the top level and no sell on value. 16m is a fair price.

2005-06 - 44 appearances, 33 goals

2006-07 - 27 appearances,  12 goals

Very good player and he hasnt been consistly injured. One extended break after trying to play through it.

Fantastic player, not suggesting otherwise. Just saying £18m is amazing considering what he was worth about 18 months ago.

Arsenal going into meltdown? No. But surely they must be worried now whether this signals the start of an exodus of biblical proportions. Fabregas to Real next? Wenger for England, I hope.

Wenger is on the Real shortlist apparently. I dont think he is likely to leave them before the end of next season, he is an honourable man.

Will be interesting to see who he goes for to fill the hole, Henry has never had a top class partner so Id expect them to bring in a couple of decent players.

Yes you are completely correct. Dennis Bergkamp was absolute garbage.

:uglystupid2:

Bar Bergkamp, and the sanitation, and the roads....  :rolleyes:

Do be do..

Its what Arsenal have been missing the last few seasons, with a good strike force Arsenal will be much closer to winning the league than dropping out of the top four.

Henry has run his course at Arsenal, it will be a good move for player and club.