Gudjohnson In If Oba Or Owens Out?

Kev

Should big sam try and get eider?

barca have just signed henry and there squad is now jam packed with strikers etc ...

gudjohnson didnt get his game much anyway and will surely be looking for a new club

why not if martins or owen leaves this summer?

you must take this into consideration!  :shifty:

i would prefer him over players like kanoute who has been linked

Eidur? He looked crap in his last year at Chelsea.

His heart wasn't in it and he was played out of position quite a bit; however that statement is largely inaccurate anyway.

I thought he had some excellent games playing as the creative spark in a midfield three. Mourinho was widely praised for moving him there at the time. I'd be very happy to see him playing that role for us, though who knows what formation Sam has planned for us.

I thought he had some excellent games playing as the creative spark in a midfield three. Mourinho was widely praised for moving him there at the time.

Yup... even though it wasn't his favoured position. He's a model, versatile professional. I, like the majority, would be delighted if he ever came here. Our squad has lacked true versatility for yonks.

I thought he had some excellent games playing as the creative spark in a midfield three. Mourinho was widely praised for moving him there at the time. I'd be very happy to see him playing that role for us, though who knows what formation Sam has planned for us.

He looked off the pace when I saw him & his record was: Played 37, sub (12) & goals 3. 

He looked off the pace when I saw him & his record was: Played 37, sub (12) & goals 3. 

Yes because, as we've established, he was playing mostly from a midfield position. And he's hardly been a serial goalscorer on top of that.

Except against us.

Yes because, as we've established, he was playing mostly from a midfield position. And he's hardly been a serial goalscorer on top of that.

we've established :laugh: .

3 goals is shit from a midfielder & he played the majority of his games in midfield but not every game in his last season in England.

Wasn't his last season at Chelsea the one where Ronaldinho declared him the best midfielder in Europe? Might be wrong, just working from vague memories.

YES! It seems to me  everytime Barca go for a player their big name players are often quoted praising the future incoming player. A cracking tactic by Barca.

From what I remember he played the majority of his time in midfield that season. I only saw him in the big games and against us but he was pulling all the strings with his deft touch, smart football brain and passing range, the way Dennis Bergkamp or Paul Scholes would find players in space in the final third.

In a three man midfield he could be an excellent signing, as that season I thought Mourinho had found his best position. Whatever you thought of him, his form that year earned him a move to Barcelona. If those stats told the whole story he'd have ended up somewhere like Aston Villa wouldn't he.

From what I remember he played the majority of his time in midfield that season. I only saw him in the big games and against us but he was pulling all the strings with his deft touch, smart football brain and passing range, the way Dennis Bergkamp or Paul Scholes would find players in space in the final third.

In a three man midfield he could be an excellent signing, as that season I thought Mourinho had found his best position. Whatever you thought of him, his form that year earned him a move to Barcelona. If those stats told the whole story he'd have ended up somewhere like Aston Villa wouldn't he.

Like Scholes & Bergkamp :rolleyes: If I had the effort I would find out how many games Frank L & Claude M started in the league compared to Eidur & his 25, cos I reckon Jose picked them more because they were better than him.

And he is going to end up @ at a Villa or a Newclause Untied this year, going to Barca looks like a one season blip.

Like Scholes & Bergkamp :rolleyes: If I had the effort I would find out how many games Frank L & Claude M started in the league compared to Eidur & his 25, cos I reckon Jose picked them more because they were better than him.

And he is going to end up @ at a Villa or a Newclause Untied this year, going to Barca looks like a one season blip.

Might have been the other thread but I did say he was like a poor man's Bergkamp or Scholes in terms of his form from that position at that time.

I don't know what sort of player you think we'll attract but to compare him to Lampard or Makelele is a bit harsh.

Point is he can't have been that bad if Barcelona snapped him up at the end of that very season. I thought he was a revelation at the tip of a midfield three and for me it looked like his best position. Maybe a Chelsea fan could give a more enlightened view, but as you said yourself he was a regular in the heart of that title winning side.

I don't know what sort of player you think we'll attract but to compare him to Lampard or Makelele is a bit harsh.

Point is he can't have been that bad if Barcelona snapped him up at the end of that very season. I thought he was a revelation at the tip of a midfield three and for me it looked like his best position. Maybe a Chelsea fan could give a more enlightened view, but as you said yourself he was a regular in the heart of that title winning side.

I compared him to the other two players in the three man midfield he played in.

Barca needed a impact sub/cover to replace Larrson. He was lucky Eto got bust for a large chunk of the season or his game time in Spain would of been on par with Woodgates.

Eidar wouldnt be a great goalscorer! we dont need to have 4 goalscoring midfielders and 2 top goalscoring strikers!!

If Owen went then Martins would be our main goalscorer, Eidar could play in midfield feeding the balls through to Oba and Viduka will hold the ball up when needed, flik on long balls

that sounds like a good little attacking approach

Guest graemeh72

Eidar wouldnt be a great goalscorer! we dont need to have 4 goalscoring midfielders and 2 top goalscoring strikers!!

If Owen went then Martins would be our main goalscorer, Eidar could play in midfield feeding the balls through to Oba and Viduka will hold the ball up when needed, flik on long balls

that sounds like a good little attacking approach

aye genius like