Entire board to be booted out

Dave

Lets put it another way, would you take money from your firm if they were going to pay you off ?

And, have you spent your vouchers at the club shop when you have been given them, did you accept your free scarf ? Or did you tell them to keep it for the transfer budget ?

same thing in principle.

As I said, greedy if you have a silly agenda, astute if you don't. Did you take your dividends if you had shares ? Have you told Ashley to keep the money and let him have them for nothing if you did ? Keep them coming. You're still hilarious.

If my firm was going to pay me off then I'd take every penny I could get, I don't claim to be a fan of my employer.

Shepherd has made something in the region of £50 million through his association with the football club yet he haggled for what?  1% of the offer price, he's made a fortune from the club and has now raided the transfer kitty while you've lost money from your purchase of shares.  He must really be a true fan acting like that and doing so for the good of the club.

Fan first, chairman second my arse.

Give your head a shake and think about it.

Lets put it another way, would you take money from your firm if they were going to pay you off ?

And, have you spent your vouchers at the club shop when you have been given them, did you accept your free scarf ? Or did you tell them to keep it for the transfer budget ?

same thing in principle.

As I said, greedy if you have a silly agenda, astute if you don't. Did you take your dividends if you had shares ? Have you told Ashley to keep the money and let him have them for nothing if you did ? Keep them coming. You're still hilarious.

If my firm was going to pay me off then I'd take every penny I could get, I don't claim to be a fan of my employer.

Shepherd has made something in the region of £50 million through his association with the football club yet he haggled for what?  1% of the offer price, he's made a fortune from the club and has now raided the transfer kitty while you've lost money from your purchase of shares.  He must really be a true fan acting like that and doing so for the good of the club.

As I have always thought, your problem is simply jealousy of someone who is better off than you. A few hundred grand pay off will have no effect whatsoever on the transfer kitty.

Give your own head a shake.

You didn't bother buying shares did you ? And you didn't even apply when the club was shite and the issue was aborted

As I have always thought, your problem is simply jealousy of someone who is better off than you. A few hundred grand pay off will have no effect whatsoever on the transfer kitty.

Give your own head a shake.

You didn't bother buying shares did you ? And you didn't even apply when the club was s**** and the issue was aborted

mackems.gif

Trust you to put two and two together and come up with something other than 4.

Going by your powers of perception I must be seething about Ashley because he's got loads more money then Shepherd yet that doesn't appear to be the case.

I guess you must be wrong yet again, something’s never change.

NE5, officially defender of Shepherd's faith.

Mike is a busy guy. Still trying to complete the takeover of Newcastle, remove the board of Blacks & NUFC, he is now looing to buy  Evans Cycles.

The billionaire owner of Sports World could expand his empire with a £35m bid for independent bicycle chain Evans Cycles.

Mike Ashley is keen to add the business to the other brands owned by his Sports Direct International company, including hiking retailer Karrimor, the Sunday Telegraph says.

Evans, based in Crawley, West Sussex, sells a range of bikes and accessories across its 31 stores.

The business is up for sale and attracted offers from rival Halfords and private equity outfit Gresham before Mr Ashley's interest emerged, the report said.

The billionaire sportswear retailer is said to be keen to expand Evans' nationwide footprint as the business has only seven stores outside London and the South East at present

If Mr Ashley's bid for Evans succeeds it would mark another step on the acquisition trail for the man who netted £929m in a day after floating 43% of Sports Direct in February.

His most recent deals include spending £39.2m on nearly 5% of Finnish sports equipment maker Amer Sports, which owns major brands including Wilson and Salomon.

The secretive tycoon, worth around £1.9 billion, is also buying a controlling interest in Premiership football club Newcastle United.

soz if posted, from .com

The Sunday Sun's "insider" claims that Mike Ashley himself persuaded Freddy Shepherd to stay on after the chairman offered his resignation along with the rest of the board.

Can't wait for this clean slate, makes me feel all fresh and clean :D

Mike is a busy guy. Still trying to complete the takeover of Newcastle, remove the board of Blacks & NUFC, he is now looing to buy  Evans Cycles.

The billionaire owner of Sports World could expand his empire with a £35m bid for independent bicycle chain Evans Cycles.

Mike Ashley is keen to add the business to the other brands owned by his Sports Direct International company, including hiking retailer Karrimor, the Sunday Telegraph says.

Evans, based in Crawley, West Sussex, sells a range of bikes and accessories across its 31 stores.

The business is up for sale and attracted offers from rival Halfords and private equity outfit Gresham before Mr Ashley's interest emerged, the report said.

The billionaire sportswear retailer is said to be keen to expand Evans' nationwide footprint as the business has only seven stores outside London and the South East at present

If Mr Ashley's bid for Evans succeeds it would mark another step on the acquisition trail for the man who netted £929m in a day after floating 43% of Sports Direct in February.

His most recent deals include spending £39.2m on nearly 5% of Finnish sports equipment maker Amer Sports, which owns major brands including Wilson and Salomon.

The secretive tycoon, worth around £1.9 billion, is also buying a controlling interest in Premiership football club Newcastle United.

He's taking this internet buying too far imo.

He's a greedy man, the same man that wouldn't sell his shares (something he now admits was for the good of the club) unless he got another 1p per share.  His wages are certainly a drop in the ocean compared to what he's just recieved for his shares.  But I'd bet the 2 years worth of wages he'll be due when Ashley lets him go will be worth well over £1,000,000.

That extra 1p was a childish act of a man who wanted to get one over on the Hall's, he's a petty man who took an extra £300k which will eventually come out of the transfer budget because that's probably the only cost which isn't fixed other than future wages.

greedy if you have a soul and some kind of moral fibre, astute if you haven't.

Fixed that for you mate..

Being paid off by your firm and haggling for an extra £370,000 on a deal that will already net you £37 million and will be good for the club you claim to love are two different things entirely.

same thing in principle.

I think the offer of 101p was what Asley came back with after Shepherd refused the first offer. It was Ashley taking the piss not the other way round imo.

He's a greedy man, the same man that wouldn't sell his shares (something he now admits was for the good of the club) unless he got another 1p per share.  His wages are certainly a drop in the ocean compared to what he's just recieved for his shares.  But I'd bet the 2 years worth of wages he'll be due when Ashley lets him go will be worth well over £1,000,000.

That extra 1p was a childish act of a man who wanted to get one over on the Hall's, he's a petty man who took an extra £300k which will eventually come out of the transfer budget because that's probably the only cost which isn't fixed other than future wages.

greedy if you have a soul and some kind of moral fibre, astute if you haven't.

Fixed that for you mate..

shame I didn;t fix the hundreds of your posts where you very stupidly said that your hero Luque should be given half a season to settle down and other such shit

The initial offer was significantly above the market price. Shepherd got a fair deal out of the extra 1p tbh

It was always going to happen. Can see both sides of this. It does Shepherds mantra that that he is a fan first little credibility (not that he has a great deal of that with many fans) though if he decided he wanted more than the Halls accepted.

On the other hand he is a businessman who knows there is more cash there. If he didnt use the bullshit line I mentioned earlier so often then this wouldnt even be up for debate.

Of course he was going to ask for more. I would in his situtation too.

same thing in principle.

I think the offer of 101p was what Asley came back with after Shepherd refused the first offer. It was Ashley taking the piss not the other way round imo.

Absolutely, but don't expect thickmick to take any sensible view that doesn;t put Shepherd in a bid light, such is his bitterness at someone actually being better off than him.

What a sad man.

Noticeably, and predictably, he didn't respond to my comments about the failed flotation in 1991, which is of course is because he wasn't interested in the club, preferring to slate the board who attracted him back and made the club the attraction it is today.

He thinks that the club of the 1970's and 1980's were run by a board "the same as" one who qualified for europe on a regular basis ..........  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Classic symptoms of a bandwagon jumper complaining that the success they came back for hasn't materialised.

The initial offer was significantly above the market price. Shepherd got a fair deal out of the extra 1p tbh

It was always going to happen. Can see both sides of this. It does Shepherds mantra that that he is a fan first little credibility (not that he has a great deal of that with many fans) though if he decided he wanted more than the Halls accepted.

On the other hand he is a businessman who knows there is more cash there. If he didnt use the bullshit line I mentioned earlier so often then this wouldnt even be up for debate.

Of course he was going to ask for more. I would in his situtation too.

Only someone with a silly agenda would even raise the topic in the first place.

Simple fact is, the outgoing board saved the club from total disaster. They may have been paid handsomely for their efforts, but such is life. There are lots of people who have money they don't deserve, in the eyes of others.

Roman Abramovic is of course a prime example of someone earning all their money honestly, sincerely and is not at all a symptom of an unfair world  mackems.gif mackems.gif

NE5, completely regardless of the argument at hand, constantly referring to someone you disagree with as 'thickmick' is bloody pathetic.

perhaps. But imo, he asks for it, because he constantly refuses to acknowledge a fact that he says he witnessed which is that under the outgoing board we have a massively superior club, nobody with half a brain would dispute that and not give the credit it deserves.

So to that degree, I fail to understand his bitterness towards them. The only logical conclusion is that he doesn't understand this, or is unaware of it.

Of course, if he really thinks that we are not better off than where we were in 1991/92, and the 3 decades previous to that, then I would bow to his superior judgement if he can show me the league tables, that shows this to be correct.

What exactly would you think of someone who ignored such facts ?

So Dave, it isn't a matter of "disagreeing" with anyone, it is fact.

but brilliantly immature :lol:

Whatever. I think it is immature to make things up, and ignore factual information.

Simple fact, is that he has an agenda with the outgoing board, despite the fact that they are leaving the club massively superior to how they found it, and whats more he knows it.

shame I didn;t fix the hundreds of your posts where you very stupidly said that your hero Luque should be given half a season to settle down and other such s***

So then you agree I did fix your post? ;)

BTW how many threads is that now? :lol:  You know, where you've brought up Luque's name for no reason at all..  You've got one hell of a complex about that bloke!  Seek help..

It's an absolute disgrace that Shepherd is staying on as chairman. This could come back on Ashley if things don't go as planned.

Totally agree with this quote - if Shepherd is retained it will be a major disappointment to most fans, and you have to question Ashley's reasoning for doing so.

For goodness' sake, what on EARTH has Shepherd to offer NUFC ?? A history of incredibly-bad appointments, nepotism(allegedly)over-paying himself grossly, making remarks totally unsuited to a Chairman of a large Premiership Club, and, worst of all if Souness is to be believed, the signing of players who have either been poor contributors to the side or have clauses within their contracts which have cost the club a fortune and made it a laughing-stock..

ANY decent business-person with any sort of Football-knowledge would be more useful in the short-term than Shepherd - can anyone suggest WHY he is useful !!???

The over-riding suspicion is that he struck a deal with Ashley to be retained as Chairman for a few months to salvage his ego, and although I can understand Ashley wanting the Deal done ASAP, I am still surprised he has gone along with it, and this WILL rebound on him if any new embarrassments occur under Fred's tenure...

Wish I'd got here a bit earlier haven't had a good laugh at NE5 in a while.

Over last 10 years we have finished 14, 7, 14, 5, 3, 4, 11, 11, 13, 13. To achieve that greatness we have had to borrow £23m more than we have taken in to buy and pay players. We have also borrowed a further £35m to give away to the shareholders. That the people running the club are financially incompetent at running a football club is without doubt. That they are fantastically good at borrowing money to give away to shareholders is also without doubt. They have shown that when they concentrate on something they can be brilliant at it.

That Ashley is better is a hope. the has no football experience. The people he is replacing have shown that football experience does not really help when that experience always comes second to personal financial gain. Ashley looks to be a ruthlessly efficient money man, who will not need to take money out of the club the way the Halls and Shepherds have done so. If this is the case we should be better off as a club.