Christopher Mort appointed Deputy Chairman, other boardroom changes

NSG

He has vowed to spend big to make Newcastle United one of the worlds great football clubs.

Don't recall that vow myself.

Not personally he hasn't, but then he doesn't talk to the media. However his 5-year plan to make us Champions League winners, or summat, included a mention of something like a £200m budget?

Good stuff -  a man that knows his business and knows how to 'cut throats' to get something done. The perfect man to oversea things in the top tier of Newcastle Uniteds hierarchy.

He will no doubt pick things up early - we will have to wait and see...

Guest johnson293

Steve Hayward is the The Sports Direct media representative, also appointed today.

Anyone know owt boot him?

What's a media representative then? Summat to do with marketing or summat? ???

He'll be in charge of putting the ever lasting '70% off sale' signs up in the club shops

Guest johnson293

Deals with the press, spokesperson, all that stuff.

So basically, all control is pretty much being taken away from Freddy.

Excellent - at least we won't have to put up with anymore of Freddy's marvellous 'foot-in-mouth' P.R. (NOTW stings, dodgy internet videos)

hope he's not a short arse,i don't fancy having "le petit mort" running the club.

wasn't there a mort in those terry pratchett books.................perhaps we're on discworld ?

hope he's not a short arse,i don't fancy having "la petit mort" running the club.

wasn't there a mort in those terry pratchett books.................perhaps we're on discworld ?

:lol:

I'm suprised no-one has pointed out the key point regarding the change in boardroom structure.

Previously, it consisted of five acquaintances, with 50/50 splits between Shepherd and Hall being decided by the so-called impartial Revill.

Now, there are three people on the board, and two of them are Ashley's men. Shepherd has a seat on the board where he can at least offer advice on footballing matters, but he pretty much has no say on the final boardroom decisions.

I'm suprised no-one has pointed out the key point regarding the change in boardroom structure.

Previously, it consisted of five acquaintances, with 50/50 splits between Shepherd and Hall being decided by the so-called impartial Revill.

Now, there are three people on the board, and two of them are Ashley's men. Shepherd has a seat on the board where he can at least offer advice on footballing matters, but he pretty much has no say on the final boardroom decisions.

Do you think this is the end of the changes?

If not then there is no point analysing seating arrangements just yet.