Klose signs for Bayern

Minhosa

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6241770.stm

Shame. If money was no object, I'd have liked to see him join us.

The fee is undisclosed, so I'd guess it's not huge.

I'm surprised he didn't want to chance his arm outside of Germany. At least he got the Champions League football he was after though.

Thought to be 12m Euro up front, raising to 15m Euro depending on future success. Not exactly cheap for someone whose contract runs out next year.

It also means that Makaay is going to be put up for sale now...

Good player.

But Owen is better and if we sell Owen then we'll be looking to go 4-3-3 I'm sure, and I can't see Klose fitting into that.

Said as if we ever had a cat in hell's chance of signing the guy.

I'm surprised he didn't want to chance his arm outside of Germany. At least he got the Champions League football he was after though.

Thought to be 12m Euro up front, raising to 15m Euro depending on future success. Not exactly cheap for someone whose contract runs out next year.

More than I thought Isegrim. That said, he is quality and proven in their domestic league.

What do you make of Makaay? Do you rate him?

Bayern for the Champions League this season.

(Not because of this signing, only..)

I bet you any money they don't win it.  :frantic:

Wanna bet?

I'll bet you 100000000000000000000000 bajillion gajillion quids in cash money that Bayern don't win the Champions League this season :laugh:

PS: I never thought Klose was that good. Only ever saw him in World Cups, never looked owt special to me. Remember him scoring loads against the Saudis in japorea...did f all else, nearly got the golden boot  :idiot2:

Good player.

But Owen is better and if we sell Owen then we'll be looking to go 4-3-3 I'm sure, and I can't see Klose fitting into that.

Said as if we don't potentially have a massive transfer kitty coming to us, and can offer really top wages as well as the chance to play in one of the elite leagues in the world, which Germany isn't.

More than I thought Isegrim. That said, he is quality and proven in their domestic league.

What do you make of Makaay? Do you rate him?

I am not a big fan of him, but loads of Bayern fans can't understand how you can replace him with Klose...

We were never, ever, ever, ever going to sign Miroslav Klose. Especially after the World Cup he had in Germany. Couldn't believe the media coverage of it. There was him, Kuyt and Martins. I just couldn't understand the Klose business - he had Europe's elite available to him. Probably would have done this season aswell.

Good player.

Said as if we don't potentially have a massive transfer kitty coming to us, and can offer really top wages as well as the chance to play in one of the elite leagues in the world, which Germany isn't.

To a German it might be. Plus they have a chance of winning the uefa cup and the league and maybe the champions league next year and he gets to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Guest samtoonarmy

I do think that he would have been a good signing. I thought we were going to sign him last summer but nothing happened.

Guest Magpiecn

Next season will be historic for Bayern(will play UEFA Cup).Not easy to see Bayern spending so money.Podolski will be loaned.

Guest Magpiecn

Next season will be historic for Bayern(will play UEFA Cup).Not easy to see Bayern spending so money.Podolski will be loaned.

They've just signed Ribery too - you know that right?

They've signed Toni ,Hamit Altintop ,Jansen ,Schlaudraff too.

They took a lot money from their bank account to heavily invest this summer.

Toni, Italian international, 11m Euro

Ribery, French international, 25m Euro

Jansen, German international, 12m Euro

Klose, German international, 12m Euro

Schlaudraff, German international 1.2m Euro (buy out clause)

Ernesto Sosa, Argentine, 6m Euro

Hamit Altintop, Turkish international, free

Ze Roberto, ex-Brazilian international, free

Wanna bet?

I'll bet you 100000000000000000000000 bajillion gajillion quids in cash money that Bayern don't win the Champions League this season :laugh:

PS: I never thought Klose was that good. Only ever saw him in World Cups, never looked owt special to me. Remember him scoring loads against the Saudis in japorea...did f all else, nearly got the golden boot  :idiot2:

Ooh aye.. knew there was a reason I shouldn't drink early. :blush:

Still, I think they'll take Germany pretty easy.  Don't think they'll win the UEFA though, it's a different beast.

They took a lot money from their bank account to heavily invest this summer.

Toni, Italian international, 11m Euro

Ribery, French international, 25m Euro

Jansen, German international, 12m Euro

Klose, German international, 12m Euro

Schlaudraff, German international 1.2m Euro (buy out clause)

Ernesto Sosa, Argentine, 6m Euro

Hamit Altintop, Turkish international, free

Ze Roberto, ex-Brazilian international, free

Shouldn't of horded their coins for so long, but a very much needed time to spend, and haven't they just.

They'll win the league next season, and probably be favs in the UEFA cup with that squad.

Surprised they haven't bought Emre for £8m though.  O0