Jon Jönsson

ATB

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,1105002,00.html

I now not many of you will understand what it say´s (just want it as a source). but I must say I was quite shocked to read this, this morning.

The paper claim´s that it was Newcastle representatives in Borås at yeasterdays Swedish leaguematch to scout the Swedish championships Elfsborgs center defender Jon Jönsson, 23 yeras old.

The price to buy him would be around £1m.

Ok he is one of the best center defender in the league, but if he´s good enough in PL is impossible to say. It´s a to big difference between the league´s.

Guest exilim

Jon Jönsson is a Swedish football player who plays for IF Elfsborg in Swedish Allsvenskan. Jönsson made his first team debut in IFK Hässleholm aged just 15, and his talent was recognised by Tottenham Hotspur who brought him to London. In return IFK Hässleholm received roughly £ 70,000 and two players to play one season on loan, one of whom was Peter Crouch.

Jönsson started his career as an offensive midfielder, but was in the beginning of 2006 retrained as a central defender. He adapted very well to his new position, and was voted the best central defender in Allsvenskan in 2006, by the managers of Allsvenskan. At the end of the year he was also included in the Swedish national team squad.

Jon Jönsson is a Swedish football player who plays for IF Elfsborg in Swedish Allsvenskan. Jönsson made his first team debut in IFK Hässleholm aged just 15, and his talent was recognised by Tottenham Hotspur who brought him to London. In return IFK Hässleholm received roughly £ 70,000 and two players to play one season on loan, one of whom was Peter Crouch.

Jönsson started his career as an offensive midfielder, but was in the beginning of 2006 retrained as a central defender. He adapted very well to his new position, and was voted the best central defender in Allsvenskan in 2006, by the managers of Allsvenskan. At the end of the year he was also included in the Swedish national team squad.

Think we've got enough offensive players already, if we sign another it's just a poor example for the kiddies.

I saw him play here in Borås last evening. Im working right know so i dont have time atm to say what i think. I have seen him play about 20 times live.

I read that there were people from NUFC at the stdaium. If had known i would have put my Newcastle shirt on  :rolleyes:

Maybe one of the Swedens can shed some light on this (on Elfsborg site)- is he off to Toulouse?

Sent igår kväll godkände IF Elfsborg att Jon Jönsson besöker Toulouse FC under dagen.

Klubbarna har haft en dialog en tid tillbaka och besöket är ett led i en eventuell övergång.

Maybe one of the Swedens can shed some light on this (on Elfsborg site)- is he off to Toulouse?

Sent igår kväll godkände IF Elfsborg att Jon Jönsson besöker Toulouse FC under dagen.

Klubbarna har haft en dialog en tid tillbaka och besöket är ett led i en eventuell övergång.

It means: Yesterday night Elfsborg aproved that Jon Jönsson will be visiting Toulouse FC today. The teams have held talks for a while and the visit is step towards a possible transfer

Anyway, I don't watch a lot of Swedish football atm, bar my own team AIK because the quality is so terrible. Can't say I know anything about Jönsson, but I'm not even sure he'd be worth even £1m.  There's probably a thousand players as good or better than him.

When me and a friend were in Newcastle a couple of years ago to watch NUFC - Aston Villa (dyer vs bowyer) We met a couple of other guys at the same hotel who also were from Sweden and were there to watch the game also. One guy's sister was Jon Jönsson's girlfriend. Well i guess who gives a s*** about that.

In the Swedish league Allsvenskan he's really good. Has a great leap so therefore very strong in the air, and he has one hell of a strike. He's very comfortable with the ball at his feet and plays very often QUALITY longballs/crosses.

He's simply a very good defender in the Swedish league. But in the PL? he has some good qualitys but the step from Allsvenskan to Premier League is too steep for him imo. Best choice he could make is to try for a transfer to either the french league or the dutch. And from there to one of the biggest leagues.

Good player but not good enough for us yet. And he isn't very young anymore. I believe that he will end up in the french league and play there for a couple of years before moving to a midtable team in one of the three best leagues.

"inget SM Guld till AIK"    ;D

Guest teepee

so he is not worth a punt for 1m? we need quite a few defenders, and i'd happily see us pay 1m for someone to play ahead of ramage, carr, babayaro and the likes....

Guest Morph

I agree.

:lol:

so he is not worth a punt for 1m? we need quite a few defenders, and i'd happily see us pay 1m for someone to play ahead of ramage, carr, babayaro and the likes....

Well i guess for £1m it's not a too risky transfer. And i can for sure say that he's better than Ramage. Cannot compare him with baba/carr because they play in a different position.

But i dont think Jon Jönsson would come here (if he was to make the best possible carreer decision).

He would NOT be good enough for our starting 11

But i would rather go for someone else better for backup..

Guest MrSundlofer

Only 182 cm (or something) and extremly good in the air!

Not good enough for the Premier League but a good backup.

Guest SwissMagpie

I love Scandinavian players,usually they are very soild and doing there work.for third choice CB he is not a bad idea

It means: Yesterday night Elfsborg aproved that Jon Jönsson will be visiting Toulouse FC today. The teams have held talks for a while and the visit is step towards a possible transfer

According to the same paper that fabricated this rumour yesterday, a transfer to Toulouse is imminent. The fee is supposed to be £1.5m