Geremi gets work permit, Officially signs - .cock

bodson

Hope we get him. I wanted him here last summer. I would be absolutely chuffed if we end June having signed Rozenhal, Geremi, Barton and Viduka for a total of £8.8m

Minus Parker who we sold for £7 million.

So would actually be £1.8 million.

Outrageously good business.

And with the Owen compo means we are actually running a £8.2m profit so far.

Not sure it works like that!

Who cares how it works. It sounds good :D

TBH it'll be virtually impossible for us to guess the finances this summer, with the massive transformations.

Guest johnson293

Hope we get him. I wanted him here last summer. I would be absolutely chuffed if we end June having signed Rozenhal, Geremi, Barton and Viduka for a total of £8.8m

Minus Parker who we sold for £7 million.

So would actually be £1.8 million.

Outrageously good business.

And with the Owen compo means we are actually running a £8.2m profit so far.

Owen compo was nowhere near £10m like the Chronicle stated.

WHAT??? Oliver in 'wide of the mark' shocker????

Guest johnson293

I've read other things elsewhere stating the 'actual compensation figure' was nearer £4m and this was paid by both the FA/FIFA, but the FA had paid up his wages in full for the 10 months he was out with the WC injury (at circa £110k/week) on top of that figure, plus paid all medical expenses.

So adding circa £4.4m wages, and circa £200k medical bills, the total figure is near £10m, but the actual compensation is only £4m..... allegedly.

Guest johnson293

The next Babayaro?

Anyway, i don't mind having him here, as long as we try to get better players  in the rest of the window., get rid of Carr and put Geremi as our back-up DR

Baba who?

I thought we only had him on loan??!!!!

At the training ground according to .com

Chelsea's Cameroon international midfielder/ defender Geremi is reported as currently being at Newcastle's training ground for talks over a free transfer move.

There had been recent speculation that the 28 year-old could swap Stamford Bridge for a second stint at the Riverside - having played season 2002/03 for the Smoggies when on loan from Real Madrid.

http://www.nufc.com/

I seem to remember seeing Geremi playing more on the left than the right.

But whatever, this is definitely a signing that would get us moving forward. We have to face the fact that, at this stage of the game, we're not going to sign players that are wanted by the big four or other Champions League teams.

If nothing else, would be an excellent squad player, but I think if he got his head down he could do really well for us. Still at a good age, lots of experience and a quality, intelligent player. Might be just what we need as a holding midfielder, if that's what BSA has planned.

I'd totally forgotten about Geremi, I've wanted us to sign him for the last couple of summers. He was originally a right winger but I always thought he looked better at right back.

There are a few things I'm wondering about though.

Firstly, where does Allardyce intend to play him? He's a utility player at Chelsea and he won't come here to do the same when he can get first team football elsewhere. If he does then he's here for the money - plain and simple. If he's coming here it's to play regularly and that begs the question, where? I'm assuming right back, but therefore where is Beye going to play? Will he leave Marseille where he's captain to play backup? If so then he's here for the money. Squad building isn't so easy when you don't have the pull power of the big clubs, and signing two players in their prime means someone is either going to be unhappy or here to line his wallet.

I'd be happy to see him as our first-choice right back, and then forget about Beye who is 29. Instead go for a younger player as backup for Geremi, if we do have the money, someone who will be happy to wait his turn and develop into the team. I'd earmark central defence as an area for a big money signing.

Good addition to the squad. Never came across as a consistant performer & could go missing - then again I remember him most from his time with the Smoggies.

Surprised at the low-key reaction. I think he's quality.

Guest exilim

I'd totally forgotten about Geremi, I've wanted us to sign him for the last couple of summers. He was originally a right winger but I always thought he looked better at right back.

There are a few things I'm wondering about though.

Firstly, where does Allardyce intend to play him? He's a utility player at Chelsea and he won't come here to do the same when he can get first team football elsewhere. If he does then he's here for the money - plain and simple. If he's coming here it's to play regularly and that begs the question, where? I'm assuming right back, but therefore where is Beye going to play? Has he left Marseille where he's captain to play backup? If so then he's here for the money. Squad building isn't so easy when you don't have the pull power of the big clubs, and signing two players in their prime means someone is either going to be unhappy or here to line his wallet.

I'd be happy to see him as our first-choice right back, and then forget about Beye who is 29. Instead go for a younger player as backup for Geremi, if we do have the money, someone who will be happy to wait his turn and develop into the team.

Firstly - If he came here for the money, he would have stayed at chelsea where he gets the paycheck without playing much.

Secondly - We have not signed beye yet and i believe they are all just rumours man.

Thirdly - It's only June! 2 more months for us to make quality signings, so shall we wait patiently.

98, 99, 100 - COMING READY OR NOT:frantic: :frantic:

I'll post a thread when I have something I think is interesting.

Geremi? I think he has quality in him I just haven't seen enough of it on a regular basis to mark him down as a regular - unless you play him RB. Will Sam have told him where he plans on playing him?

Guest teepee

i might have been a bit harsh on him to start with - but i still think we should be looking for a better rb than geremi. if emre is sold and geremi brought in on a free you'll hear nothing from me.

in fact, if he is brought in on a free, and a reasonable contract it is a decent enough deal, but i still hope we set our sights higher on a couple of players as well.

98, 99, 100 - COMING READY OR NOT.   :frantic: :frantic:

Geremi? I think he has quality in him I just haven't seen enough of it on a regular basis to mark him down as a regular - unless you play him RB. Will Sam have told him where he plans on playing him?

Your first thread should be a huge version of your avatar. Get off on the right foot.

Firstly - If he came here for the money, he would have stayed at chelsea where he gets the paycheck without playing much.

Secondly - We have not signed beye yet and i believe they are all just rumours man.

Thirdly - It's only June! 2 more months for us to make quality signings, so shall we wait patiently.

His contract with Chelsea is about to expire according to these reports.

I think there's something in the Beye rumours but we'll have to wait and see.

I'm well aware there is plenty of time left, hence no rush to bring in players before deciding on their squad status. We're not big enough to be bringing in players like Geremi as utility backup so I for one hope he is going to be our new first choice right back.

If Geremi is our new right back I'll be happy but I'd also wonder what we have planned for Beye. If Beye is indeed coming as backup for central defence and right back then I'd fear he's coming for the wrong reasons. If he's coming as first choice central defender then I'd think we could do better. So to sign Geremi and Beye would leave me wondering what their roles are. It might be that Geremi is earmarked for a midfield position and we've given up on Alou Diarra.

98, 99, 100 - COMING READY OR NOT:frantic: :frantic:

you've got to change that av.................i'm wasting far too much time in a mesmorised state!

Guest exilim

i might have been a bit harsh on him to start with - but i still think we should be looking for a better rb than geremi. if emre is sold and geremi brought in on a free you'll hear nothing from me.

in fact, if he is brought in on a free, and a reasonable contract it is a decent enough deal, but i still hope we set our sights higher on a couple of players as well.

Wouldn't it be better to have both emre and geremi? Squad depth?