Edmilson agrees move to NUFC. Or not? - SSN

magorific

Guest sicko2ndbest

Stop slagging this bloke off before he has even arrived

This guy is world class. If he recovers from this injury which Sam obviuosly thinks he will he will or he wouldnt be interested. He is better than Carrick, Gilberto, Obi Mikel and Sissoko as a defensive midfielder and wants to come to NUFC. Celebrate it for f##ks sake.

We are in no position to snap up the best talent in Europe as we were 5 years ago, but signings like Edmilson for name and ability will make us what we once were. A challenge to the top 4.

I am 100% behind Big Sam and what he is trying to do.  :clap:

Guest sicko2ndbest

World class?

mackems.gif

Sorry World cup winner and Barcelona regular must be mediocre class  :iamwithstupid:

World class?

mackems.gif

Sorry World cup winner and Barcelona regular must be mediocre class  :iamwithstupid:

Again, not saying he's a bad player or anything, but if that's your critera then it's ok to say the likes of Roque Junior are world class aswell.

World class?

mackems.gif

He's not world class but he's not as bad as your making him out to be.

He's an average La Liga player who's played above his station and gets away with it because of the quality around him.

He's made a lot more of his ability than he should of imo. I simply cannot state how much we do not need this type of player, it will only take time for myself to be proven right about him if he comes to our club.

Edmilson isn't world class.

World class DMs are people like Makelele, Gattuso.

World class CBs are people like Puyol, Terry, Nesta.

They would walk into any team in the world. Edmilson can't walk into the Barca team, in fact he's never been a vital player to them. If he was so good and reliable they wouldn't have found the need to sign Thuram, nor would they be palming him off onto us for a 'nominal fee'.

He is nowhere near the level of any of those players. He's a good player but I think people will be disappointed if they expect us to sign a 'highly technical' player who can start attacks from midfield. He'll bring bags of experience from the top level and might even make a very good signing, and hell it might even be worth the risk if we're going to bring in another top defender. But we're not. I think it's pretty obvious Sam is targetting Geremi, Beye and Edmilson,then he'll look for left backs and that'll be defence done with. Rather than do that I'd prefer us to pay the money for a more motivated player who can play for us in August, will manage more than 20 games a season, and will be likely to fit into our league.

If Edmilson did come he could make a good centre back and a good partner for Taylor to learn from. He'd arrive with Champions League and World Cup medals and might even lift the ambition of the players and fans. If everything goes rosy he could be a cracking signing and one to close the gap on the top four. But I don't think it will. My feeling is he'll break down time and time again as he has done his whole career, he won't be that motivated, he'll start playing in the middle of winter and struggle to pick up the pace, he'll get exposed a lot more in our side, and we'll eventually cut our losses. That's what Barca are doing - cutting their losses. They've got all they need out of the player and are now palming him onto us - injured!

I'd love nothing more than for someone to drag up this thread in a year's time and show what a fool I am because Edmilson has recovered fully, maintained his fitness, settled quickly and led us into Europe. But I just don't see it happening.

World class?

mackems.gif

He's not world class but he's not as bad as your making him out to be.

He's an average La Liga player who's played above his station and gets away with it because of the quality around him.

He's made a lot more of his ability than he should of imo. I simply cannot state how much we do not need this type of player, it will only take time for myself to be proven right about him if he comes to our club.

Works both ways, you say he gets more credit because of the quality around him but in the same token your inclined to criticize him because of the quality of around him, he's not at their level.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Find the link that says mediocre players and see if his name is on that!

Average La Liga players always end up at Barca dont they!

You lot have delusions of grandure if you honestly believe Edmilson will not be a good signing for us.

Edmilson isn't world class.

World class DMs are people like Makelele, Gattuso.

World class CBs are people like Puyol, Terry, Nesta.

They would walk into any team in the world. Edmilson can't walk into the Barca team, in fact he's never been a vital player to them. If he was so good and reliable they wouldn't have found the need to sign Thuram, nor would they be palming him off onto us for a 'nominal fee'.

He is nowhere near the level of any of those players. He's a good player but I think people will be disappointed if they expect us to sign a 'highly technical' player who can start attacks from midfield. He'll bring bags of experience from the top level and might even make a very good signing, and hell it might even be worth the risk if we're going to bring in another top defender. But we're not. I think it's pretty obvious Sam is targetting Geremi, Beye and Edmilson,then he'll look for left backs and that'll be defence done with. Rather than do that I'd prefer us to pay the money for a more motivated player who can play for us in August, will manage more than 20 games a season, and will be likely to fit into our league.

I don't think they will, he's a typical Brazilian with the ball at his feet, good vision, reads the game well and has pretty decent distribution, sat in front of the back four in a 4-3-3 formation he'll do well for us, what we lack at the moment with both Parker and Butt in the DM position is the ability to get rid of the ball quickly, neither has the vision to shift it on as fast as we need to, Edmilson can and will if he does come here.

As for spending money on a CB, if the money was there I think we would but with us being linked with the likes of Beye, Geremi etc I doubt it is.

You lot have delusions of grandure if you honestly believe Edmilson will not be a good signing for us.

Jesus wept. You should stop digging tbh, you've taken this argument to the realms of stupidity, and i for one am not getting dragged any further into it.

Bye.

Aye...

"Edmilson is not world class."  =  "Edmilson would not be a good signing."

Mad.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Jesus wept. You should stop digging tbh, you've taken this argument to the realms of stupidity, and i for one am not getting dragged any further into it.

Bye.

No digging required my jouvenile friend. Just my personal opinion on a player who would improve us.

Bye.

No digging required my jouvenile friend. Just my personal opinion on a player who would improve us.

:rolleyes:

Bye.

Fine, you have one, i have one, even R. Mehdi has one, but am not the one being 'juvenile' about this.

:lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Bye.

;)

Guest jamesmartinsmith

The fact Marquez who is a centre half has been playing ahead of Edmilson in the CDM role amd the fact Barca have gona and bought Toure says a lot about Edmilson.