Edmilson agrees move to NUFC. Or not? - SSN

magorific

About half of wages involving Newcastle players is made up and over exaggerated.

Owen's £100,000 a week is actually £80,000

Dyer's £80,000 is actually £60,000

Babayaro's £50,000 is actually £25,000

So don't judge wages on what the media say.

Source please.

Club records, Chronicle, Times, Guardian.

I've provided the source on Babayaro so many times to you, totally ignored, that it is not worth taking the time to find it again.

Are the Chronicle, Times and Guardian not classed as the media?

I should probably rephrase that. Shortly before a good player signs for us, the tabloids increase the offered wage by £20,000. Then,when these players are signed, we discover that it is all exaggeration from London/Top4 biased press. Then, as soon as a player starts underperforming, people seem to remember the prespeculated wage, and not the wage reported shortly after the player had signed.

You wait, we'll get told if Edmilson signs that he is on £60K, then after an injury setback, he'llsuddenly find himself back on £120K.

About half of wages involving Newcastle players is made up and over exaggerated.

Source please.

I've provided the source on Babayaro so many times to you, totally ignored, that it is not worth taking the time to find it again.

I should probably rephrase that. Shortly before a good player signs for us, the tabloids increase the offered wage by £20,000. Then,when these players are signed, we discover that it is all exaggeration from London/Top4 biased press. Then, as soon as a player starts underperforming, people seem to remember the prespeculated wage, and not the wage reported shortly after the player had signed.

You wait, we'll get told if Edmilson signs that he is on £60K, then after an injury setback, he'llsuddenly find himself back on £120K.

I full agree that does happen. It totally fuks me off n all.

All still vastly over paid.

All I'm saying is that we cant complain about a players wages until we hear some reliable estimates on the actual pay package.

I've got it from a good private source that Dyer is on £65kpw after Souness gave him his new deal.

That's about £35kpw too much imo.

Considering the insurers pay out when he is injured, I'd say that what he has provided us when fit has probably been worth the £60K-65K a week.

He has insured to pay himself a further 50% more for when he's injured.

He makes more money on the sidelines.

Worth £65kpw this season? Fuk off man, and this was a good season for him.

Good season because he stayed pretty much fit, and scored 7 in 25ish games despite being in a shit team.

He was a very good and very important player under Robson despite rarely scoring, and his contribution, when fit, under Souness led to two good cup runs.

Just wait for him to start flying next season.

That 50% extra when injured would never happen. Sounds like one of those wage myths people use to get on the back of a player.

All still vastly over paid.

All I'm saying is that we cant complain about a players wages until we hear some reliable estimates on the actual pay package.

I've got it from a good private source that Dyer is on £65kpw after Souness gave him his new deal.

That's about £35kpw too much imo.

Considering the insurers pay out when he is injured, I'd say that what he has provided us when fit has probably been worth the £60K-65K a week.

He has insured to pay himself a further 50% more for when he's injured.

He makes more money on the sidelines.

Worth £65kpw this season? Fuk off man, and this was a good season for him.

Good season because he stayed pretty much fit, and scored 7 in 25ish games despite being in a shit team.

He was a very good and very important player under Robson despite rarely scoring, and his contribution, when fit, under Souness led to two good cup runs.

Just wait for him to start flying next season.

That 50% extra when injured would never happen. Sounds like one of those wage myths people use to get on the back of a player.

You'd like to think.

Source please.

I full agree that does happen. It totally fuks me off n all.

Like the Bramble cost £6m thing.

Source please.

I have provided the Chronicle source regarding Babayaro also many times which is just as reliable or not (or maybe more so considering it was repaeted more than once) as any other figures you pull from the media. It is all very well saying that the media will more than likely overestimate wages occasionally for a story, the idea may well have some substance to it (though I can't remember any paper putting Baba on £50k or dropping Owen down £80k and you keep using them as examples).

But to come out and say that this players wage is 'actually' this, or Owens is 'actually' that is just as absurd when you have as little access to the true figures as the rest of us.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

The Journal today reckon Edmilson wants more than 100K a week.

Surely we've given up on him by now?

I hope so.

Most sources state Owen is on £105,000 a week.

Basic salary, no doubt he'll be on goal bonuses, assist bonuses, appearence fees etc as well.

don't suppose he has received many bonuses in the last 2 years.