Edmilson agrees move to NUFC. Or not? - SSN

magorific

good shout regarding motta,wouldnt be suprised at all if he has mixed up the two after all because spanish football is foreign he probably pays no attention to it.

Motta has had alot of injuries like but no doubting his class on the ball totally controlled the midfield in the cl at st james years ago.

Alan Oliver is nuts!!!

I think it has to be Motta or this doesn't make any kind of sense. Motta was told yesterday he should look for another club as they have just signed Yaya toure and this news breaks out of nowhere so it must be Motta we are after if anyone at all!

Motta won't be on a free and therefore Luque going the other way might indeed be a possibility which is something Oliver adheres to despite saying Edmilson would be on a free!(He is so befuddled he must be going senile).

Edmilson is injured for six months and will be back at around the same time as Duff! So it makes absolutely no sense! He also has a history of really bad knee problems and at 31 you would think it would be very difficult for him to overcome this so this cannot be correct.

Here's hoping it's Motta if anyone!

A player past his best coming from Barcelona to Newcastle should set alarm bells ringing.

You could argue that Makelele was past his best when he went to Chelsea. Hasn't done bad though has he?

I thought he was probably at his best. Real were crazy to sell him and they admit that now, he was vital to their team. Edmilson is far from vital to Barcelona.

Guest David Kelly

Oliver is a cretin but I don't think even he's thick enough to mix Motta & Edmilson up man.

Anything is possible with that muppet.

Emilson is a canny player from what I've seen of him.  Left footed I think which may not be coincidental.

Oliver is a cretin but I don't think even he's thick enough to mix Motta & Edmilson up man.

Oh my God! I think he actually has done! Just read Motta's Wikipedia thingy and it is eerily similar to Edmilsons. Check it out!

Both Brazilians with Italian origins who have had some injury problems The only difference being Motta is only 24 and isn't currently injured and has been made available, while Edmilson is 31 is currently out for six months with a very serious injury.

Motta:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thiago_Motta

This would be one of the funniest cock ups of all time. Anal would have outdone himself if this is what has happened. I am 90% sure it is too.

What a tool!

http://nufcblog.com/newcastles-allardyce-after-brazils-edmilson-on-free-transfer/

the bit after the intro, says

The other interesting news today is that Rozehnal will be introduced this afternoon with one more player. Of course there is speculation galore that this could be Edmilson.

who could this be and how reliable is this site?

That site is just putting the .com piece about Rozehnal unveiling and this rumour together imo. I dont they are reliable at all, its just speculation.

Guest Verlaine

Edmilson isn't past his best.

Do you think it is wise to disagree with someone who has seen considerably more Spanish games last season than you have?[/verlaine]

Listen, just because you talk constant shite about things you clearly know very very little about (ie, football), in the style of a 15 year old playing journalist (no offence, Yorkie), doesn't mean that you're entitled to accuse someone else of the same when they make a single comment.

Edmilson's rated highly but for some reason I've never liked him. He's a decent player, better than Butt, but after the likes of Kluivert, Babayaro, Parker, Butt (until recently), Duff etc we should be wary of buying players from clubs much bigger than ourselves. They've often either stagnated or are coming for the wrong reasons. Sometimes their weaknesses are simply exposed more when they step down to a weaker club. In Edmilson's case I'd be worried he's here for the money, he's already won it all with Barcelona so he may not be the most motivated. Is a Brazilian who has already won the Spanish Cup, Spanish League and Champions League going to fight for us in a Carling Cup at Wigan or on a cold Tuesday night in Blackburn?

If he's out until christmas it'd be a gamble to bring him on massive wages when, at his age, you don't know how badly the injury may affect him. It'd be madness to sign a 31 year old carrying a 6 month injury. Are we that desperate? We're supposed to have enough money, I'd rather go for someone like Alou Diarra in all honesty.

Edmilson's rated highly but for some reason I've never liked him. He's a decent player, better than Butt, but after the likes of Kluivert, Babayaro, Parker, Butt (until recently), Duff etc we should be wary of buying players from clubs much bigger than ourselves. They've often either stagnated or are coming for the wrong reasons. Sometimes their weaknesses are simply exposed more when they step down to a weaker club. In Edmilson's case I'd be worried he's here for the money, he's already won it all with Barcelona so he may not be the most motivated.

If he's out until christmas it'd be a gamble to bring him on massive wages when, at his age, you don't know how badly the injury may affect him.

I agree, it is a gamble. Less of a gamble with Allardyce after his experiences Campo, Hierro, etc.

the article is nonsense like and surely about motta rather than edmilson.  either way what pleases me the most with the links such as diarra,edmilson,motta is the fact that allardyce seems to understand that we drastically need to improve our ball retention between our centre backs and central midfield.

I agree Allardyce has worked wonders in that department, but apparently this guy is out until christmas! Considering he's 31 who knows how he'll come back? In the meantime we'll be paying him monstrous wages. It'd be a bit of a desperate signing really. Motta would be the more sensible of the two.

Motta is the same type of player, but is younger and hasn't quite fulfilled his potential at Barca and so will still have something to prove.

Motta was signed from Brazil and because he never quite emerged as a first team star his wage demands will be very reasonable too.

It absolutely has to be Motta, if we are indeed interested in a Barcelona defensive midfielder. Edmilson wouldn't make sense on any level.

Has it been confirmed Motta will be available on a free then? The last I heard Barcelona said they would be open to offers for him.

Also Oliver's article mentions the fact that the player has Italian heritage. I know for certain that Motta does (hence the name) but i'm not so sure about Edmilson. Is this the key evidence in this cock up!

Will be interesting to see how this plays out ...

Guest SteveT

I know for a fact that the fan in Barcelona hasn't got a clue what Alan O is on about and hasn't spoken to him in months, let alone giving him a speech about Edmilson. The whole thing is total fabrication.