Edmilson agrees move to NUFC. Or not? - SSN

magorific

Think of him as a January signing.

While it looks odd there are a lot of ways to take the risk out of this. If I was doing this I'd want a pre-contract agreement or some such which says if he can't pass a medical in x months time we won't be keeping him on, and puts him on some sort of pay per appearance deal - at least for the first season. It is a risk though, not many players make it through three serious injuries in three seasons and get back to where they were.

So who is going to pay him until then?

Hope its not us.

He's not a good defender, very poor in fact, we can do better, even before SA & Ashley.

Still think it's Motta.

Until I see Edmilson being wheeled throught he door at St. James on a wheelchair I'm not buying it.

It's gotta be Motta in my eyes. Maybe even both along with Eidur.

:lol:

You think these sources have the completely wrong player? :lol:

Guest icemanblue

Still think it's Motta.

Until I see Edmilson being wheeled throught he door at St. James on a wheelchair I'm not buying it.

Hehehe. Go on, admit it. You fancy him don't you.

Still think it's Motta.

:lol:

You think these sources have the completely wrong player? :lol:

I'm hanging on for dear life here buddy!

Out of interest when does Saviola's deal with Barca run out? Is it end of June as well? I know Sam tried to get him on loan at Bolton last season and so he rates him.

If one of our littl'uns is leaving he may well be an option too. Gudjohnsen and Saviola would be a tidy bit of business.

Guest eyeball_tickler

the picture of him on sky sports looks like he's had his legs amputated. thats some "knee injury"

While it looks odd there are a lot of ways to take the risk out of this. If I was doing this I'd want a pre-contract agreement or some such which says if he can't pass a medical in x months time we won't be keeping him on, and puts him on some sort of pay per appearance deal - at least for the first season. It is a risk though, not many players make it through three serious injuries in three seasons and get back to where they were.

Hope its not us.

He's not a good defender, very poor in fact, we can do better, even before SA & Ashley.

I thouhgt he was a holding midfielder? Didn't think he'd ever played in defence, wasn't that Marquez and Puyol?

I think the aim is to build a squad first then sign top quality players.

Perfectly summed up.

And, that is the thing that excites me (personally) the most. We are obviously building a squad of VERY GOOD players / professionals, before we go on to dip into (probably) the 'Ashley' money, for the really TOP players, as the 'cream on the coffee'!

The very high-quality squad building (almost an entire defence and reserve defenders needed, for example) will go on for a while yet.

T H E N . . . . . .   !!!!

Smacks of Allardyces usual scattergun approach to me. Bring in a lot of cheap/free players. Some work, some disappear after a couple of games.

Guest johnson293

I'll admit to not knowing much about Edmilson (other than what a Google search brings up).

But looking at it from footballers terms - is he a well known player, and the type of player/name to attract others to join us?

Could that be more of the reasoning behind it, as well as perhaps being able to add to the team/squad at some point?

There are very few details at present - we dont even know how long any deal might be.

I'll hold judgement until it becomes a bit clearer - i.e. how long he will actually be out, how much the 'nominal fee' is we may have paid, etc.

Guest Martin

http://www.sambafoot.com/datas/personnes/32/joueur.jpg

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:cMob52H2slu7gM:http://www.strekonline.com

Hmmmm. Grow himself a new knee.

Still think it's Motta.

Hehehe. Go on, admit it. You fancy him don't you.

I fancy him in our midfield yes. I think it would be a shrewd move.

Hope its not us.

I thouhgt he was a holding midfielder? Didn't think he'd ever played in defence, wasn't that Marquez and Puyol?

Holding mf/cd good long pass.

I'll admit to not knowing much about Edmilson (other than what a Google search brings up).

But looking at it from footballers terms - is he a well known player, and the type of player/name to attract others to join us?

Could that be more of the reasoning behind it, as well as perhaps being able to add to the team/squad at some point?

There are very few details at present - we dont even know how long any deal might be.

I'll hold judgement until it becomes a bit clearer - i.e. how long he will actually be out, how much the 'nominal fee' is we may have paid, etc.

So your saying we might be using Edmilson as bait to get another Brazilian here? While hoping his knee comes good ...

Could be possible I guess.

Kaka anyone?

Hope its not us.

Holding mf good long pass.

Converted mid as he's that poor at defending, his natural position is a CB.

That's where he played back in Brazil & for Lyon, that where he's played most of his games for Brazil NT and that's what he was bought by Barca for in the 1st place.

Hope its not us.

Isn't that a Red Indian name?

Guest johnson293

So your saying we might be using Edmilson as bait to get another Brazilian here? While hoping his knee comes good ...

Kaka anyone?

Not so much other Brazilians, but other European based players who may have not considered us, but seeing us sign a player like Edmilson (if he is respected name) might make a few take notice of us again.

Suppose like a kind of 'Keegan factor' as both Player and Manager.

Allardyce definately makes work more interesting with all of these signings.  Yes some are somewhat random and out of the blue but that makes it fun and they are all experienced players, most with international pedigree.  I reckon we could have a few more in today judging by Sam's comments about wanting most of his squad in place by pre-season - monday! :clap:

Hope its not us.

...at least he isn't 'diving eagle'. :lol:

Hope its not us.

...at least he isn't 'diving eagle'. :lol:

Eddie'milson the Eagle....

Kaka anyone?

Not so much other Brazilians, but other European based players who may have not considered us, but seeing us sign a player like Edmilson (if he is respected name) might make a few take notice of us again.

Suppose like a kind of 'Keegan factor' as both Player and Manager.

I understand where your coming from and it does make sense.

Some Brazilians would be nice though.

Diego?