Edmilson agrees move to NUFC. Or not? - SSN

magorific

Luque is from Barcelona and would love the chance to play at the Nou Camp.

i love his guess that luque is going to barca in exchange too. great stuff again from the beano.  :cheesy:

I've never rated him.

Very weak defender, light weight, rash and stupid, but very good at going forward, maybe why people are tempted to play him in midfield.

Good in the air and defending/attacking set pieces, but he'll let us down again and again with the pace of the EPL.

Anyone remember the goal he scored for Brazil? Classic.

Guest SteveT

The bloke in question is my best mate and business partner here in Barcelona. He has no idea what is going on but is trying to find out.

:lol:

Get him to come out and tell everyone what bollocks Oliver spouts. :nods:

He's got a right to say that he has been misquoted. The main site may be able to put forward a carefully worded comment on this if Mr. Fowler comes forward.

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Edmilson is possibly the worst player in their squad at the moment, whenever he plays i have never seen anyone give the ball away and put his team in trouble as much as he does! (Deco coming a close 2nd to giving the ball away) and to think that there is people on here that would be happy to have him here. :rolleyes:  next time you watch barca (or whoever he turns out for next please just watch him he truly is woefull)

Motta i wouldn't mind too much but please let this be absolute bull.

Class act and a very underrated defender in my eyes. Lanky, agile, good reading of the game, good positionally, comfortable with the ball at feet. Had an awesome WC2002 for Brazil in central defence, better than Rio Ferdinand's for England, showed that hes strong in the air in that tournament, but what the heck, hes Brazilian and a defender so he cant be good, and if he is good, it should be ignored (the opposite is the case if he he makes mistakes).

Has been a consistently decent player for Barcelona in an anchorman role, although I think hes better as a centreback which is why hes relatively poor at passing (Barca standards). Would be a quality signing for us, but if his knee is knackered for the third time, then we should forget it.

Canny player but always struck me as being soft as shit.

Would never cope with the physical nature of our league. He'd get kicked to shit every weekend and we're best of targeting someone else tbh.  :rolleyes:

It's Motta and he will essentially replace Emre. We will still get another DM most likely Diarra. Please don't make me have to tell you this again! Motta, Barton and Diarra midfield next year. Nailed on!

A powerful yet creative midfield player, Thiago Motta is a relentlessly energetic performer who offers a valuable option on the left-hand side.

Having spent two years with FC Barcelona's reserve team between 1999 and 2001, he first appeared in the Primera División in October 2001. Then made seven appearances for the club in their run to the semi-finals of the 2001/02 UEFA Champions League, but competition for places meant that he was unable to hold down a regular role in centre midfield. Helped Barça finish second in the 2003/04 Primera División before signing a three-year contract extension but the following season was ruined when Motta was carried off against Sevilla FC on 11 September 2004 with a severe injury. He needed surgery to rebuild both the anterior cruciate and lateral ligaments in his left knee.

Fortunately, he was able to make a swift recovery and made an emotional comeback, taking to the field to rapturous applause as eventual champions Barça defeated Getafe CF 2-0 on 17 April. The midfielder, who won his only two caps for Brazil in July 2003, endured another injury-blighted season in 2005/06, completing only six league matches in another title-winning campaign although he was regularly involved as Barcelona lifted the UEFA Champions League.

Did you know?

Despite his Brazilian origins, Motta is not counted as a foreign player at Camp Nou as he holds dual Italian-Brazilian citizenship.

O0

Update:

Motta is asking for a free transfer but Barcelona want a fee for him. Hence the hold up.

If Barca demand a fee we will try and off load Luque onto them.

Remember where you heard it first people!

Guest leon b

where did you get that from?  plus how much do you guys actually rate motta, i don't recall seeing him in action for a good while.

Guest leon b

I remember him being pretty promising a couple of years ago but things went abit quiet, has a nice left foot and good height though.

I think it's positive to be linked with someone of his calibre who still has it all to prove!

Motta has that fighting spirit that big sam is looking for and if he stays fit he would be a real asset.

It makes sense that we are after him i just can't belive that we are trying to buy a injured player(edmilson)

Guest s0ftcore

Motta was awesome against Juve the season they played Milan in the final. Barca was playing them in the q-finals and Nedved, at his peak, was shackled by Motta both home and away X_X

The last game I saw him play was against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge the season Barca won. He had a pretty bag game. Scored an own goal too.

If he does sign for us, hope Sam can get the best out of him. He's vastly underrated but effective.