Best match you've ever watched?

Guest makemeacupoftea

Guest makemeacupoftea

Mines probably the Czech vs Holland one in Euro 2004 i think it was, what an amazing game.

I know a lot of people are going to say the Feyenoord match, because it had everything, but one of my favourites was when we beat Arsenal at Highbury when SBR give his mini-speech about being good losers.

Guest eyeball_tickler

first one that came to mind was the fa cup final a few years back. liverpool - west ham.

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

Ive seen quite a few really good matches. Toon Vs Man U when it was 5-0 (awesome game) and another 1 was Toon Vs Reading last season.... there was sooo many emotions runnin at the time.... winnin, then 2 dodgy goals conseeded so we went in at half time losing so it was mad, and a was so  :rant: but in the end winning it in the last few minutes just gave a sigh of releif... (you had to be there to know what i mean haha)

Mines probably the Czech vs Holland one in Euro 2004 i think it was, what an amazing game.

Two goals in last couple  of mins versus fulham (iirc) was very good.

Leicester at home in 1993

Grimsby away in 1993 for obvious reasons

West Ham at home in 1996 was as good a performance from a team and an individual as I have seen (Tino funnily enough who I didnt think did too well in his time here but he was untouchable that day)

Newcastle v Boro simply for Ginolas display

Newcastle versus Luton prob wins it todayt though I always change my mind on things like this. Gazza and Kenny Whartons antics were fun.

Second is Newcastle v Citeh in 1983. We mullered them and Waddle was unplayable. Best individual display until maybe Gazza or Ginola.

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

I would have to say the leeds 4-3 game was really good aswel - I was actually with my dad in the leeds end at that game coz he supports leeds (hahaha), and i was about 15 and he was like if you score you cant really jump about n rant and rave about.... I managed to hold it in most of the game but when we equalised and then scored the winner I couldnt hold it in anymore and just went F*UCKIN MENTAL!!!!  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: lol

I enjoyed that game a while back when Man Utd played Real Madrid after getting their arse kicked in Spain, and it was basically attacking non-stop the entire match. Ended 4-3 or something, Beckham came off the bench to score twice.

I enjoyed that game a while back when Man Utd played Real Madrid after getting their arse kicked in Spain, and it was basically attacking non-stop the entire match. Ended 4-3 or something, Beckham came off the bench to score twice.

yep, great game

<<< the man himself got a hatrick of terrific goals

Brazil 2 - Italy 3 in the 1982 World Cup finals. Shame about the result though.

Just a bit too young to recall that one but I do remember sitting in front of the telly being mesmerised at the Quarter Final between France and Brazil in Mexico '86. Game finished 1-1 and the frogs won on pens. Platini was the best in the world at that time, bar none. Great team, great game.

Just a bit too young to recall that one but I do remember sitting in front of the telly being mesmerised at the Quarter Final between France and Brazil in Mexico '86. Game finished 1-1 and the frogs won on pens. Platini was the best in the world at that time, bar none. Great team, great game.

That was a fantastic game too like and I almost mentioned it in my post. The Brazil side had some of the '82 side but they were past their peak a bit. Platini was fantastic at the time and had been two years earlier in the Euro Championships when he guided them to victory. I'm going to have to pull you up though as Maradona was better at the time. How could you forget him in '86 man? ;)

That was a fantastic game too like and I almost mentioned it in my post. The Brazil side had some of the '82 side but they were past their peak a bit. Platini was fantastic at the time and had been two years earlier in the Euro Championships when he guided them to victory. I'm going to have to pull you up though as Maradona was better at the time. How could you forget him in '86 man? ;)

I relent, Maradona was the best at that time but Platini was a very close second. I think France were just about the best team of that era but Maradona was sensational and won that World Cup virtually single-handedly

Both top, top players.  :thup:

I relent, Maradona was the best at that time but Platini was a very close second. I think France were just about the best team of that era but Maradona was sensational and won that World Cup virtually single-handedly

Aye, France beaten in the semis by the Jormans just like they were four years earlier. In '82 the final should have been Brazil v France and the Frogs were unlucky to be so drained from that quarter against Brazil in '86 too. They could have easily won both tournaments with the players they had. Especially in midfield. I loved Platini like. Did you know he was top scorer in Serie A three years running at around that time whilst at Juventus? Some achievement for a midfielder even if he did take all the free-kicks/penalties.

Guest makemeacupoftea

Aye that was mental, wasn't the aggregate score 6-5 or something? That was class, forgot about that!

Aye, France beaten in the semis by the Jormans just like they were four years earlier. In '82 the final should have been Brazil v France and the Frogs were unlucky to be so drained from that quarter against Brazil in '86 too. They could have easily won both tournaments with the players they had. Especially in midfield. I loved Platini like. Did you know he was top scorer in Serie A three years running at around that time whilst at Juventus? Some achievement for a midfielder even if he did take all the free-kicks/penalties.

I knew he took the pens like and always seemed like Robson with a boat-load of skill. Arriving late in the box to finish moves off.

How old are you again? You must have a few years on me if you can still remember details of '82. I can remember bits and pieces of '82 but '86 was the first World Cup I can remember.

Man U v Arsenal - FA cup semi-final replay, 1999. 2-1 to Man U, with Giggs scoring that amazing goal in extra time. Two great teams, very evenly matched, giving it all they'd got from first minute to last.

It was the game that really made me realise how far English club football had developed since the Premiership.

Man U v Arsenal - FA cup semi-final replay, 1999. 2-1 to Man U, with Giggs scoring that amazing goal in extra time. Two great teams, very evenly matched, giving it all they'd got from first minute to last.

It was the game that really made me realise how far English club football had developed since the Premiership.

Good shout: great match.