Allardyce and Shepherd in Barca

Ally

Allardyce and Shepherd are in Barcelona to try and sign Edmilson and Gudjohnson, spotted at the airport.

:clap:

Apologies if this is somewhere else I couldn't be arsed to look.

Surely we wouldn't be trying to buy Edmilson if he's just had a knee operation this week. Maybe they're getting Edmilson to give the new medical team a difficult test: -

Nufc.com

"Thursday's Chronicle led with a back page claiming that United "have made an ambitious move for Barcelona's Brazilian defender Edmilson" - accompanied by a front page pic of the player in his famous yellow strip.

However a cursory run through the tale puts it firmly into 'drivel' status.

It's correctly stated that the player isn't in the Brazil squad currently competing in the Copa America, but his omission is unexplained.

In fact Edmilson underwent his third operation in as many years on his troublesome right knee earlier this week - which will sideline him for six months.

That recovery though will take place while he's still a Barcelona player - as his contract doesn't expire on Saturday as the paper claims.

When he does leave though, the chances of a move to SJP wouldn't appear great - with another Primera Liga club, a Brazilian outfit or a side somewhere else in Europe offering realistic domestic title aspirations & European football.

Rather than becoming the third Brazilian to play for us after Mirandinha and Fumaca, Edmilson looks more like another fake transfer tale from that country - following in the non-footsteps of Klerberson, Rivaldo, Ronaldo & Ronaldinho."

Are they going to be bringing Edmilson back on a stretcher?

Doesn't sound to positive on Martins / Owen if we are trying to get Gudjohnson.

martins maybe,listening to alllardyce earlier on today seemed to think owen was staying and it was sorted "weeks ago"

Guest Verlaine

I hear Henry is desperate for a move back to the Premiership since he has yet to start a game for Barca since his move.

Guest Verlaine

I wish they also ask about the availability of Deco I think he is on the verge of moving as well.

Never been impressed by Deco.

Gudjohnsen is an excellent player but if we're signing him it means we're losing one or both of Martins and Owen and that isn't good news in my eyes. I've always liked Gudjohnsen, he's the type of player we've been missing in recent years, technical, creative with an eye for a pass, an intelligent link up man.

I wouldn't want us to sign Motta on account of his injury problems.