Allardyce and Shepherd in Barca

Ally

Guest hagler

i think martins would be shite at arsenal.........yet here he could build his skills...at arsenal he would have to be a instance success

I get these visions of seeing a photo of Ashley & Allardyce standing over Martins & Owen, both sitting at a table posing for the cameras signing new contracts within days of Ashley being confirmed as sole owner of the club.  :coolsmiley:

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/pix/michael-owen1.jpg

Like this one, but with Martins squeezed in, Sam where Souness is, and Ashley where Shepherd is.

Personally I'm of the opinion that Gudjohnsen is an overrated player...thought he was lucky to ride on the coat tails of the Abramovich revolution after being a good player for them previously who managed to stick around. Still don't know why Barca signed him, he was never in a million years good enough to play for them. However, rather than just slag him off and get me head bitten off I've been thinking about it...

Gudjohnsen played easily the best football of his career alongside Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. They had an awesome partnership back in the day, got 50 goals between them this one time if memory serves. And Newcastle currently have a player who reminds me a little of Hasselbaink. I wonder if Allardyce has any plans to try and emulate that partnership with Martins. Of course that doesn't really fit in this 433 that most seem to be assuming he's going to go with but then again...I don't think Gudjohnsen does either.

Guest optimistic nit

I've still got a stupid feeling that both will still be here anyway come September.

Thing is I think we are vulnerable to a late bid as I think several clubs (Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool plus foreign clubs) have earmarked both players as backup in case they miss their targets. A lot of the speculation at the moment could well be an attempt to sell papers, as journalists put two and two together. Arsenal lose Henry and they're instantly linked with Tevez and Martins.

My gut feeling is we'll lose one and keep the other.

if they don't sign martins soon his clause will be taken out imo. owen maybe though.

I can't see Owen agreeing to remove the clause unless we make one or two ambitious signings.

Oba - who knows? He's making the right noises but Arsenal are a much bigger name than us internationally and he'll see them as a much bigger club regardless of current situations. Let's not forget they're also in the Champions League, based in London, we can't even use the stadium argument any more.

I can't see Owen agreeing to remove the clause unless we make one or two ambitious signings.

In which case Allardyce will sell and replace him. Think it'll be the first thing Sam tries doing when they report back for training actually. Give them the same contracts without the clauses, or force them to leave.

They were taking Luque back to spain. No clubs want him, so they're going to abandon him in the woods or something.

Sam: "Run boy, you're free now"

Luque: *Howls*

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1657/luquereleaseta7.jpg

:razz:

We have to offer them new contracts without the clauses in, or with a massive inflation in the minimum release fee in the next couple of weeks and see what they say. If they don't sign we should actively look to sell. We can't afford to get fucked off on deadline day.

They were taking Luque back to spain. No clubs want him, so they're going to abandon him in the woods or something.

gaaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah holy fuck I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.  the little pinata seals the deal

We have to offer them new contracts without the clauses in, or with a massive inflation in the minimum release fee in the next couple of weeks and see what they say. If they don't sign we should actively look to sell. We can't afford to get f***** off on deadline day.

Yup.

gaaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah holy fuck I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. 

???

No offense to WTW, i mean it made me chortle aswell, but howay. :lol:

We have to offer them new contracts without the clauses in, or with a massive inflation in the minimum release fee in the next couple of weeks and see what they say. If they don't sign we should actively look to sell. We can't afford to get f***** off on deadline day.

That's a good point. If Owen gets arsy we could at least compromise, leave the clause there but increase it to, say, £14M. That way if he ends up leaving he won't look half as bad for doing so.

Does Martins really want to stay though? I remember Tevez after keeping West Ham up saying he'd want to stay there. Soon as interest from the bigger clubs came though he's been wanting a move ever since. If Arsenal really do bid for Martins, I can't see him even giving us a second thought tbh.

West Ham / Tevez  -  yes, I understand the logic of that.

Ourselves / Owen or Martins  -  I do NOT understand where you see the comparison.

You say - "interest from the bigger clubs"  -  even during our slump of the recent few seasons, I would never use that phrase about other clubs, in comparison to us.

The sad (silly) "inferiority complex" that some of us (happily, it is only 'some' of us) have developed of late, that leads to these strange choices of words - MUST be coming to an end soon.

But, how long will it take before some people wake up and smell the roses.

Be realistic in what you say! (West Ham / Teves situation - AND US . . . . . grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

West Ham finished 15th we finished 13th ... I think you need to be a bit more realistic if you think we can compete with Man U and Arsenal.

gaaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah holy fuck I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

???

No offense to WTW, i mean it made me chortle aswell, but howay. :lol:

Too many g&t's I suppose, the image just struck me just right :lol: :lol: :lol: :smitten:

Guest optimistic nit

i prefered to create my own mental image tbh. was funny though, not that funny though.

Are you saying Man Utd & Arsenal aren't bigger clubs than us?

It is the massive inferiority complex that is shown in the 'fawning' choice of words, that I am referring to.  That is compounded by the direct comparison then made to WEST HAM!!!!

Also - 'bigger clubs' ??  I have never thought of Arsenal as a permanently bigger club than us (to be referred to in such an 'automatic way' as you do). Most definitely, in the last 8 seasons or so - "a more successful team" (not the same thing) - but that could have changed at any time (nearly did under SBR) and is probably actually about to - soon.

Manchester United are the worlds biggest club, so no matter how "big" we are (are becoming) etc - that comparison is valid.

BUT - why "fawn" and constantly express inferiority beliefs, in your choice of words??

West Ham finished 15th we finished 13th ... I think you need to be a bit more realistic if you think we can compete with Man U and Arsenal.

That particular bit of "pre-Ashley" history, is about as relevant (to us NOW) as where we finished in the league in 1977 or 1927!!

I'm not comparing us to West Ham. I was comparing the Tevez situation to the Martins situation.

And read my posts in general about my "inferiority beliefs" you schmuck.

I'm not comparing us to West Ham. I was comparing the Tevez situation to the Martins situation.

I have read your posts.

Thanks for the kind words.

gaaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah holy fuck I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.  the little pinata seals the deal

Glad you approved, was bored tonight reading this thread  :buck2:

I feel this Barca trip has totally came out of the blue....Sam said on SSN that he believed Owen's future has been talked about and is settled so I see him staying. As for Oba, I think he'll also stay as I believe he has a faithful heart! I can see Arse putting their bid in and Oba responding by saying "Thanks but no thanks, I've already said I'm happy at Newcastle and I want to carry on my good work here."

In my ideal world anyway...

I just can't see Eidur fitting in unless the striker situation changes dramatically in the coming weeks. I hope it doesn't as I'm very happy with what we have right now. As usual, I'll keep my eyes on it all non-stop until the season begins....fingers crossed eh

I have read your posts.

In which case you'd see that your last post about me was bollocks then.

I have read your posts.

In which case you'd see that your last post about me was bollocks then.

You are the one that wrote the "bigger clubs" / "West Ham & Tevez" post  -  not me!