Allardyce and Shepherd in Barca

Ally

I can't belive how ppl underrate Deco he is different class player in his position.

Nah the best midfielder in the best team in europe for 2 out of the last 4 years is definately shit

Guest Geordie Boyo

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/thumbnails/199_150/Imatges/2006-2007/futbol/primer_equip/plantilla/7._GUDJOHNSEN.jpg

:laughing7:

My take on things:

Oliver discovered this morning that Shepherd was off to Barcelona to make a big signing. Only he didn't know who it was.

So he goes on Wikipedia and looks up Barcelona players, and concludes that Edmilson is the most likely candidate. He then makes up some quotes from an acquaintance in Spain to back his story up.

more likely he put all their names in a hat and pulled one could have been anyone. If they are going over their it is obviously more advanced than the initial phone call for availability, I still feel sad in a way I have wanted eidur sinse he was due to leave chelsea but dont want to loose martins yet i have a blind faith that sa knows what he is doing and thinks whats good for his team not for what is good for one player/area of the playing staff.

Wait until it actually happens before feeling sad about losing Martins. Arsenal (or anyone else) haven't even made an offer yet according to Allardyce today. Also, Allardyce hasn't talked to Martins yet (like he said he would do) so I doubt he'd buy his replacement before asking him if he's staying. Who knows if it is Gudjonsen they've gone to get anyway? The Edmilson part of the story must be rubbish so maybe the Gudjonsen part is too.

Guest Verlaine

I can't belive how ppl underrate Deco he is different class player in his position.

Nah the best midfielder in the best team in europe for 2 out of the last 4 years is definately s***

Never done it for me, personally. Never looked much at international level either.

Allardyce did say earlier today that he was going to ask Arsenal personally if they wanted Martins.

Perhaps Arsenal's response wasn't what Allardyce was hoping for?

Wenger: Straight swap for Adebayor?

Big Sam: Fuck right off.

Guest Guinness

Exciting news, would love to see Gudjohnsen here, he's pure class. Surely they can't be over there for Edmilson if he's crocked.

Guest NUFC4

the way i see it we could be there to get gudjohnsen or guily to reinforce our attack when martins leaves for arsenal. i'm not sure what either of those players contract situation is but assuming neither are on a free they would cost at least 5 million less than martins 13 million buyout clause. leaving us cash to spend on a quality left back. i would be more than satisfied with this lineup for the start of the season.

given,

geremi, rozenthal, taylor, new lefty

milner, barton, emre

owen,                        gudjohnsen,

viduka

bench: ameobi, new cb, diarra, n'zogbia, dyer

squad: butt, solano, carr, babayaro, harper, luque, huntington, whoever else we've got

something of this layout would be a major improvement to the squad we all wish to see

Guest optimistic nit

Triple swoop. Eto'o, Deco and Edmilson.  :cheesy:

Nah, i reckon were there to sign Eto'o, guddjonsen, Deco/Guily and Van Bronchoust.

Oba and owen leave, replaced by eto'o and guddjonsen. we need a creative midfielder, e.g. Deco or Guily and we need a left back i.e. Van B.

infact Barca seem to have a class backup player/player who wants to leave in every position we need :cheesy:

On the 'Edmilson' thread, Kaka seemed very, very sure, in an ITK type way, that we were going for Motta.

You heard it here second.

If injuryfree and in form Motta is a very good player. Experienced, has alot of good qualitys and on a free (if they release him) he would be another peace of great business by Big sam. Rather him than Edmilson. Edmilson is out for a very long time because of his knee i understand?

hell im going up for work early today, these rumours keep me awake too much these days.

exciting times..

quick question does Eidur play in midfield at all??

Yes played as a attacking midfielder at Chelsea but surely that would mean Barton playing as a DM.