Pace, lack of it?

Guest Martin

Viduka

Barton

Rozenhal

Edmilson (?)

Gudjohnsen (?)

Is anyone else concerned?

They aint the quickest but they're not exactly slow like. Plus we've got the likes of Duff, Zog, maybe Martins etc with plenty of pace.

N'Zogbia, Martins, Owen, Dyer, hell even a fully fit/on form Luque has pace..

Almost all of Glenn Roeder's signings were physical players, what we need is a player that plays with his head, knows when to hold and when to pass a goal etc..

Guest Martin

Martins off to Arsenal, Owen to Manure. Duff out till November. N'zogbia not guaranteed a place in the starting eleven.

I'm worried like!

Viduka

Barton

Rozenhal

Edmilson (?)

Gudjohnsen (?)

If we lose Martins AND Owen yes. I don't think SA is daft, that's why he sounds like he's busting a gut to keep them.

Almost all of Glenn Roeder's signings were physical players, what we need is a player that plays with his head, knows when to hold and when to pass a goal etc..

From what I've seen if there's one thing that Luque doesn't have, it's pace. He came on as a sub in one of our (I think) UEFA games and had my entire house creasing up with laughter at how slow he is.

From what I've seen if there's one thing that Luque doesn't have, it's pace. He came on as a sub in one of our (I think) UEFA games and had my entire house creasing up with laughter at how slow he is.

That was against Zulte, hilariously slow but it was his first game in like 12

But when he used to play in the La-Liga he had pace, i don't know  if he still have it, hints saying  (fully fit/ on form).

Luque was once a quick player, hence why he was interchangeable between the wing and up front. But it seems that he lost any pace he had when he joined us, probably as a result of that serious hamstring injury he picked up in his second game.

I think the pace issue is a worthwhile concern. Owen, Martins, Dyer and N'Zogbia do not have certain futures here, although it's entirely plausible that all four will be here in September. Duff is out until November.

But Rozehnal is said to be quick and I'd imagine whichever left back we bring in will have some pace too. I think on the whole we'll be alright.

Guest BigAl2

Viduka

Barton

Rozenhal

Edmilson (?)

Gudjohnsen (?)

These players might not be the quickest, but they all have ability and vision and we might just be able to hang onto the ball and create openings instead of just lumping it forward and hoping.

Pace is needed but we have to mix and match the more options we have the more we will worry the opposition, I do hope we hang onto Owen or Martins but if one or both goes we will have to bring in a pacey forward Defoe anyone?

Guest afternoonfix

Viduka

Barton

Rozenhal

Edmilson (?)

Gudjohnsen (?)

christ....are you really?

I'd agree that we do need at least one quick striker in the squad, and if both Owen and Martins go that has to be put right. Apart from anything else, a quick striker forces the opposition back four to defend that bit deeper and free up a bit more space.

Defoe, Bellamy or even Vassell would be good choices.

I wish people would stop banging on about pace in football as though that is the main attribute you need. (eg Jamie 'look at his pace' Redkanpp)

Ballack, Shevchenko, Drogba, Lampard, Makalele ... where's the pace there?

I wish people would stop banging on about pace in football as though that is the main attribute you need.

Where's the league title there? ;)

I wish people would stop banging on about pace in football as though that is the main attribute you need. (eg Jamie 'look at his pace' Redkanpp)

Drogba; a pacy forward. This thread is all about having one forward with pace. Similar to Drogba's.

Drogba; a pacy forward. This thread is all about having one forward with pace. Similar to Drogba's.

i know what the fuck are you on about now gggg?

Drogba is one of the strongest runners in the league