Silva/Arsenal - Could be good or bad news re: Martins

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/6260864.stm

Arsenal have swooped to sign Croatian international striker Eduardo da Silva from Dinamo Zagreb.

The 24-year-old, who scored against England in a Euro 2008 qualifier in October, has signed a four-year contract at the Emirates Stadium.

The fee is undisclosed and Da Silva will be unveiled as an Arsenal player after completing a medical at the club.

Da Silva moved to Croatia when he was 15 and took nationality at 22. He has scored seven goals for his country.

Da Silva scored the first competitive goal at the Emirates when Arsenal beat Dinamo Zagreb 5-1 on aggregate in last season's Champions League third qualifying round.

Guest teepee

i dont think this matters - as i dont think he is henrys direct replacement..... but we can hope!

Guest SwissMagpie

They already have4 strikers in the squad: Da Silva,Adebayor,Bendtnder,Van Persie.

cant see them paying 13 for another striker

Fuking hell, they better hope he's good, its that higher than Henry?

Good news, MArtins is staying!

Just Juve to worry about now.

I'm not really worried.

The rumour came out over Trezeguet wanting to leave as he fell out with the board over the departure of DD, but he's now signed a new deal.

Even so, out of the Country is out of mind for me.

I'm not really worried.

The rumour came out over Trezeguet wanting to leave as he fell out with the board over the departure of DD, but he's now signed a new deal.

Same. Would've hated to see him going to Arsenal. I'd still be very disapointed if he went to Juve, but it would be no where near as bad as Arse.

Also, isn't it possible that it has to be a club with European competition, same as with Owen?

I'm not really worried.

Same. Would've hated to see him going to Arsenal. I'd still be very disapointed if he went to Juve, but it would be no where near as bad as Arse.

Also, isn't it possible that it has to be a club with European competition, same as with Owen?

No its just a straight £13m release clause apparently.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Who says they are going to buy another striker? At least we can hope they won't. Wenger loves nurturing his young talent and with the changes is the boardroom he may not have the necessary £13m to spend on Oba.

Consider this:

Van Persie - 23

Adebayor - 23

Walcott - 18

Bendtner - 19

Vela - 18

Reyes - 23

Eduardo - 24

It's likely that Vela will go back out on loan and Reyes will probably be sold. But that still leaves Arsenal with 5 strikers. Wenger has expressed his interest to play the likes of Bendtner in the Premiership as well as the other regulars.

This Eduardo is no 4th choice striker, for Dinamo Zagreb he has scored 73 goals in only 104 appearances, also their captain. He has also proved himself at International level scoring 7 goals in 12 games - Squad player, no.

I'm a huge fan of Oba and for us this signing is excellent news.

Its looking very likely we'll be keeping Martins, Owen and Dyer. No one seems to be sniffing round Zoggy or Luque either. Competition for starting XI places will be tough next year, if we do manage to hang on to everyone.  :thup:  :thup:

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

Yeah hopefully they stay away from Martins... Would be great to get him and Owen to sign new deals without the crazy release clauses!!

Guest jamesmartinsmith

They already have4 strikers in the squad: Da Silva,Adebayor,Bendtnder,Van Persie.

If that is who Arsenal intend to go into the season with, then Spurs will finish 4th.

Eduardo scored 34 times in 32 games last season.

Spurs aren't strong enoughin squad depth to make 4th place.

If that is who Arsenal intend to go into the season with, then Spurs will finish 4th.

Eduardo scored 34 times in 32 games last season.

Spurs aren't strong enoughin squad depth to make 4th place.

Spurs shuffle the pack too much every summer, and have no real stability in the squad. Whereas, I think a lot of Arsenals young lads will come on a lot next season and grow into a team...

Guest jackhobs

i think this is a massive lost in translation case !!!! the rumour on the arsenal sites its abound the 6 mil mark!