Silva/Arsenal - Could be good or bad news re: Martins

if your a plc then there must be some sort of announcement

:undecided:

Never do usually always undisclosed and noone usually ever finds out unless other club declares it!

I think they have to, they would be breaking rules of the LSE if they didn't.

Its making me think i am incorrect in my declaration they are a PLC but i remember sending cheques to "Arsenal Football Club PLC"

:S

Think you'll find that Arsenal Holdings plc is an Ofex company meaning limited requirements to such announcements compare to properly listed companies.

Am I going to get wooshed?

Is your source what the Croats said?

I dont think Arsene would spend 16 million on someone unproven in the prem and also a club record fee

He did spend around £13m on Wiltord & Reyes though.

They were based on apperances and winning s***.

Initial fee was nowhere near that if im right

Dinamo president Mirko Barišić added: "The transfer is certainly worth some of the €24m Arsenal got for selling Henry to Barcelona."

Doesnt mean its anywhere near the €24m

I would never knock Wenger on taking a chance with a relatively unknown player whether it works out or not. It's what he does best and Arsenal's bank balance probably reflects this.

As far as Martins is concerned it's good news for me. Juve might come in, but if they don't I'm quite relishing the prospect of Owens, Martins and Viduka as a front line.

Am I going to get wooshed?

Is your source what the Croats said?

I dont think Arsene would spend 16 million on someone unproven in the prem and also a club record fee

He did spend around £13m on Wiltord & Reyes though.

They were based on apperances and winning s***.

Initial fee was nowhere near that if im right

Dinamo president Mirko Bariić added: "The transfer is certainly worth some of the 24m Arsenal got for selling Henry to Barcelona."

Doesnt mean its anywhere near the 24m

Think the €24m might be including the player's wages for the 4 years of his contract.  A Croatian website is saying fee to Dynamo is €11m and Silva will receive €13m (presumably not all next week)!!

It's also being said in the Croatia media that Spurs have bid for Vedran Corluka.  As Chelski won't accept no about Chimbonda and keep coming back, maybe that's a prelude to a Chimbonda/SWP and/or Diarra exchange.

Van Der Sar(Foster)

Neville    Ferdinand    Vidic    Evra

Hargreaves

Ronaldo                    Nani

Anderson 

Rooney            Tevez

All quite young too.

That is the team of the future, but with Rossi and Pique will replace Ferdinand.

I've heard both Rossi & Pique are to be sold this summer.

Think the 24m might be including the player's wages for the 4 years of his contract.  A Croatian website is saying fee to Dynamo is 11m and Silva will receive 13m (presumably not all next week)!!

Or it could be a £7.5 million fee with a hell of a lot of addons for apearances, goals, winning certain trophies and percentage of next sale ect roughly adding up to a maximum of £16 million.

Think the 24m might be including the player's wages for the 4 years of his contract.  A Croatian website is saying fee to Dynamo is 11m and Silva will receive 13m (presumably not all next week)!!

Or it could be a £7.5 million fee with a hell of a lot of addons for apearances, goals, winning certain trophies and percentage of next sale ect roughly adding up to a maximum of £16 million.

Could be, I was only quoting one Croatian media site.  Dinamo's official site is just as vague as everyone else:

Unofficial sources say the deal is worth €24m of which 'Dudu' will get €4m and the club €20m.  It is hard to believe the premiership club payed that much for the Croatian international. 

http://www.dinamozagreb-online.com/news29.htm

Van Der Sar(Foster)

Neville    Ferdinand    Vidic    Evra

Hargreaves

Ronaldo                     Nani

Anderson 

Rooney            Tevez

All quite young too.

That is the team of the future, but with Rossi and Pique will replace Ferdinand.

I've heard both Rossi & Pique are to be sold this summer.

Perhaps we could lure Pique over here? I'd like that!

I would never knock Wenger on taking a chance with a relatively unknown player whether it works out or not. It's what he does best and Arsenal's bank balance probably reflects this.

As far as Martins is concerned it's good news for me. Juve might come in, but if they don't I'm quite relishing the prospect of Owens, Martins and Viduka as a front line.

In the past I'd agree, but then again it's only the last two seasons that they've not been top 2.

But to replace Henry with someone like da Silva when they're not in the greatest financial position and look like they'll be in a battle to cling onto a top 4 spot next season, is a huge gamble imo.

Guest Guinness

We shouldn't sell him for a penny less than £13m, would be ridiculous if we did. I'd like this to be sorted one way or another as soon as possible, the constant speculation can't be doing Allardyce any good in preparing for the new season.

Apparently Arsenal are in advanced negotiations with us over Martins, although they're not willing to meet the release fee

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007300614,00.html

The SUN !!!!

The Sun is light years ahead of other tabloids like The Mirror when it comes to accuracy over rumours. Typical of Wenger to try and negotiate a better price even thougfh the release fee is iron clad. Good test of Ashley's business acumen this. Can't see him letting a valuable asset go for less than it's worth.

Apparently Arsenal are in advanced negotiations with us over Martins, although they're not willing to meet the release fee

The SUN !!!!

The Sun is light years ahead of other tabloids like The Mirror when it comes to accuracy over rumours. Typical of Wenger to try and negotiate a better price even thougfh the release fee is iron clad. Good test of Ashley's business acumen this. Can't see him letting a valuable asset go for less than it's worth.

We have to be strong about this if this is true. If they insist on paying less than we should insist on taking one of their top players off them. Problem is I can't think of any of their players that would work for us, who would actually want to come to us. Maybe Flamini? Bendtner would only hinder Carroll ... this pretty much sucks if true.

Eidur would soften the blow though. Arsenal must be getting rid of one of their strikers surely? Or perhaps moving one into midfield?

The top four are really going to be ridiculously tough to beat next season.

The SUN !!!!

We have to be strong about this if this is true. If they insist on paying less than we should insist on taking one of their top players off them...

If they insist on paying less, then we should insist they fuck off.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Dont want him now, although Arsenal do need another striker, not Martins thanks.

13m is a lot for him.

Reet, thanks.