Chris Mort speaks

Guest sicko2ndbest

Should be interesting.

I presume he'll talk about targets and how it's the start of an exciting new era etc etc.

Wonder if he'll make any mention of the proposal to increase the stadium capacity to 60,000+?

Guest Toon83

This should be an interesting interview, he will probably speak for Mike Ashley on his plans for the club and talk about all the new changes including his role, should be good

Guest tyzer

Will someone be watching this & then posting it on YOUTUBE ;)

If so send the link to my PM box

I'll dee it  :thup: :thup:

Its a freeview, so anyone can watch it without a subscription.

Guest Guinness

Should be interesting. Hopefully he goes into a bit of detail as to what Ashley's plans for the club actually are.

Will someone be watching this & then posting it on YOUTUBE ;)

If so send the link to my PM box

I'll dee it  :thup: :thup:

Its a freeview, so anyone can watch it without a subscription.

Sweet!!!

PegasusBridge - Cheers for being willing :thup:

i don't think it'll be interesting,he'll say that funding will be made available to the manager for team stregthening,everything is geared towards going forward,aiming for europe etc.

any new man in would say these things,doing it is worth a lot more.

i don't think it'll be interesting,he'll say that funding will be made available to the manager for team stregthening,everything is geared towards going forward,aiming for europe etc.

Don't you think it's high time the man who's just taken over the football club we all support, or in this case his second in command, came out and told us what his plans are with his new acquisition? I for one am very curious about his level of commitment to bringing us success or otherwise, and find it rather strange that we, as fans, haven't demanded to be informed of this earlier, before Mr Ashley got hold of our club immeadiatly. We are after all his ´customers´ and in the middle of season ticket renewal..

Don't you think it's high time the man who's just taken over the football club we all support, or in this case his second in command, came out and told us what his plans are with his new acquisition? I for one am very curious about his level of commitment to bringing us success or otherwise, and find it rather strange that we, as fans, haven't demanded to be informed of this earlier, before Mr Ashley got hold of our club immeadiatly. We are after all his ´customers´ and in the middle of season ticket renewal..

yes i do,but i'm not sure thats what you'll get,no matter what he says i'll wait till it is in action before believing it.

Guest sicko2ndbest

It does say he is going to be talking about Ashleys plans for us so should be quite interesting. I am expecting the usual, money availible etc, but i am also expecting him to tell us about his background, whether Ashley will attend matches, future development.

I think the tomorrows papers will have already picked something up about this before we see it on Freeview.

THIS WILL BE VERY INTERESTING.

I am certain he will cover most, hopefully all, of:

(1) His Role.

(2) Shepherds Role.

(3) Ashley's Role.

(4) Ashley's 'general' aims and 'general' plans for the club (Premier League Champions / Winning Champions League  -  or whatever . . . ) Does he (Ashley) see us as being Englands most successful club, long term . . . or just 'competing' at the top with others.

(5) Some 'specific' short-term objectives (next season).

(6) Hopefully, some 'specific' (time-related) longer-term objectives.

(7) Re-development / extension of the ground (Shepherds £300M plans for Conference Centres, Hotels, etc).

8  De-listing the club from the LSE (when and WHY).

(9) That money (additional over NUFC earned-income) will be put in to facilitate player purchases - but NO specific figures will be given!!

All of the above, and more that I cannot bring directly to mind, are things that I have wanted to know about ever since the Ashley takeover was first mooted. I would find all this very (very) interesting (cannot understand why any of us would not!) and I think that for the FIRST TIME we will actually KNOW (not newspaper speculation) some stuff about our club's likely future, by tomorrow morning!!

I don't think we'll find out that much. He'll say Europe is the aim, everyone pulling in the same direction, ambitious people on board, exciting times, big club, wonderful fans etc.

We might however find out about the stadium plans, indirectly get an idea of the budget we're working with, or about the behind the scenes staff situation.

THIS WILL BE VERY INTERESTING.

I am certain he will cover most, hopefully all, of:

(1) His Role.

(2) Shepherds Role.

(3) Ashley's Role.

(4) Ashley's 'general' aims and 'general' plans for the club (Premier League Champions / Winning Champions League  -  or whatever . . . )

(5) Some 'specific' short-term objectives (next season).

(6) Hopefully, some 'specific' (time-related) longer-term objectives.

(7) Re-development / extension of the ground (Shepherds £300M plans for Conference Centres, Hotels, etc).

8  De-listing the club from the LSE (when and WHY).

(9) That money (additional over NUFC earned-income) will be put in to facilitate player purchases - but NO specific figures will be given!!

All of the above, and more that I cannot bring directly to mind, are things that I have wanted to know about ever since the Ashley takeover was first mooted. I would find all this very (very) interesting (cannot understand why any of us would not!) and I think that for the FIRST TIME we will actually KNOW (not newspaper speculation) some stuff about our club's likely future, by tomorrow morning!!

yes that would all be very interesting if we had reason to believe it when spoken,you have to remember if mort were to know that ashley wants to spend nothing and purely play on the gullibilty of the fans then he would still come out with all the platitudes and big plans.

talk is cheep.

I don't think we'll find out that much. He'll say Europe is the aim, everyone pulling in the same direction, ambitious people on board, exciting times, big club, wonderful fans etc.

We might however find out about the stadium plans, indirectly get an idea of the budget we're working with, or about the behind the scenes staff situation.

There won't be much point in saying that sort of thing. Not worth him coming into the office, for that! That would be a complete "waste of time".

I get the impression that Ashley and his 'people' (in this case Mort) do not historically waste their own time and will not do so now. Neither will they waste ours. They appear NOT to be that kind of people. They appear very professional - the opposite of what we (and football generally) are used to having at the top.

Just my opinion.

I don't expect him to tell us all but if we atleast find out what we've got budget wise i'll be happy.

I think that is one thing he will not tell us.

I do not expect Ashley/Mort will ever reveal how much is in the (player purchase) budget!

I would not want them to, either.

That would be "one big mistake" (and one I am sure they will not make!)

I don't expect him to tell us all but if we atleast find out what we've got budget wise i'll be happy.

I think that is one thing he will not tell us.

I do not expect Ashley/Mort will ever reveal how much is in the (player purchase) budget!

I would not want them to, either.

That would be "one big mistake" (and one I am sure they will not make!)

In no way am I expecting him to say an exact figure but if he makes it clear money will be pumped in to attract a higher standard of players then i'll be chuffed.

Guest 22bnw

If he doesn't talk or look remotely like Freddy Sheperd, Graeme Souness or Glenn Roeder its a party at mine tomorrow tonight

Guest Andrew Flintoff

Ask him to call his son Bort.

Bort Mort.

Bort?? Aww man.

"We need more Bort licence plates in the gift shop..."