Craziest Thing You've Seen At A Football Park/Match.

The Bonk

Non-league football is the best like for crazy stuff, some of the banter I've had on the Northern or Weraside League has ranged from hilarious to the surreal!

Being told to 'go back to Holland' by an irate fan (never been to Holland in my life!) is the oddest though.

One I wish I'd saw was something I saw on the SMB once.  Sunderland had a freekick against Man United, and Roy Keane is standing in front of the Sunderland players gathered round the ball, stopping them taking it, and making his mouth go to the ref.  Anyway the ref sends him away, at which point one of the mackem players lobs the ball at Keane's head.  It bounces back in a perfect arc and into the same lad's hands.  Keane spins round thinking someone's clipped him, ready to kick off, and the mackems all do the whistling-nonchalantly-looking-anywhere-but-at-Keane innocent thing.  Keane, looking confused, turns around and walks off again, only for the mackem to do EXACTLY the same thing. :lol: Can't remember but I think that Keane lost it this time. :lol:  Quality though, taking the piss out of psycho boy like that.

Alex Rae.  Both hailarious and legendry.

My other favourite moment also features Roy Keane, when McAteer told him to put it in his book at the Stadium.  I can't find a picture of it though, where he is miming writing a book.

The craziest thing I have seen would be the game against Charlton where we scored 3 own goals.  It was just totally bizarre.

BTW Bonk, how is the ex-Sunderland contingent getting on at Toronto?

Martins picking up that bird on the pitch has got to be the funniest moment at a match or the when the linesmen got took out by a player (cant remember who)

Guest Gemmill

Remember when a load of snow fell off the roof of the Milburn stand and landed on the linesman's head?

One I wish I'd saw was something I saw on the SMB once.  Sunderland had a freekick against Man United, and Roy Keane is standing in front of the Sunderland players gathered round the ball, stopping them taking it, and making his mouth go to the ref.  Anyway the ref sends him away, at which point one of the mackem players lobs the ball at Keane's head.  It bounces back in a perfect arc and into the same lad's hands.  Keane spins round thinking someone's clipped him, ready to kick off, and the mackems all do the whistling-nonchalantly-looking-anywhere-but-at-Keane innocent thing.  Keane, looking confused, turns around and walks off again, only for the mackem to do EXACTLY the same thing. :lol: Can't remember but I think that Keane lost it this time. :lol:  Quality though, taking the piss out of psycho boy like that.

That sounds fucking mint. :lol: Is there video footage anywhere?

My other favourite moment also features Roy Keane, when McAteer told him to put it in his book at the Stadium.  I can't find a picture of it though, where he is miming writing a book.

The craziest thing I have seen would be the game against Charlton where we scored 3 own goals.  It was just totally bizarre.

And also Niall Quinn sprinting over to him as he walked off to shake his hand...with Ferguson pushing him away. :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38321000/jpg/_38321319_keane150.jpg

Guest WalkervilleMag

the mad Sunderland steward at the stadium of shite, who got in the hull because we were tormenting him  lol

Guest trotter58

Celtic v Rapid Vienna

The game had to be re-played at Old Trafford because of crowd trouble at Parkhead in the first game. 50,000 Celtic fans descended on Manchester. I was lucky enough to be in an executive box for the night surrounded by Celtic fans banging on the windows asking us to pass beer out to them!

Halfway through the game, one Celtic fan, incensed by the Rapid Vienna goalkeeper's constant time-wasting, ran onto the pitch and rugby-tackled him! They both ended up in the back of the net as several coppers piled in! Hilarious!

Dean Saunders i think it was, fighting a keeper for a ball on the opponents midfield. keeper manages to get it out to throw in. Dean throws the ball in the keepers back, and shoots the ball in the empty net. Class.

there was a video on youtube, but i cant seem to find it. :)

Mind jogging my memory which players are former Sunlun' ones? 

The team itself is doing okay, we're a respectable 5-7-2 and just picked up our first away win the other night.  Absolutely shocking football, though.  You don't see too many 0-0 draws, always goals filling the back of the net at least. 

The team itself is doing okay, we're a respectable 5-7-2 and just picked up our first away win the other night.  Absolutely shocking football, though.  You don't see too many 0-0 draws, always goals filling the back of the net at least. 

If I remeber correctly Toronto have signed Danny Dichio, Carl Robinson and Andy Welsh. All of whom did a job a Sunderland.  Glad to hear they are doing well as a team though.

If I remeber correctly Toronto have signed Danny Dichio, Carl Robinson and Andy Welsh. All of whom did a job a Sunderland.  Glad to hear they are doing well as a team though.

Assistant groundsman, hot-dog seller and turnstile operator respectively... ;)

Assistant groundsman, hot-dog seller and turnstile operator respectively... ;)

To be honest, Andy Welsh was that lightweight, I doubt he could manage to hold the ticket stubs. 

Guest Morph

Tbh i've not really seen that many crazy things at matches.  Probs have to go for the floodlight failure at the Reebok when I was there to see a friendly between Bolton and WBA.

When we went to the Bedlington Terries vs Newcastle Reserves in the NSC a couple of seasons ago, a lad asked the Bedlington coach if he could buy a terriers top, so the coach whipped one out the kit bag, complete with squad number, and pocketed the 20 quid :lol:

Dichio has done quite well as has Welsh.  I reckon they've found their level.  Dichio is a Toronto FC legend, also our leading goal scorer.  Welsh scored our first goal in club history and Robinson has chipped in one as well.  I thought Dichio was from West Brom? 

Guest henke

the mad Sunderland steward at the stadium of s****, who got in the hull because we were tormenting him  lol

Thats what i was going to say. It just capped off such an amazing day.  ;D

the mad Sunderland steward at the stadium of s****, who got in the hull because we were tormenting him  lol

Thats what i was going to say. It just capped off such an amazing day.  ;D

Mind elaborating on the story?  I remember someone mentioned it back when, but I'm always up for laughing at stupidity.