Milner signs new four-year deal

Guest hindu times

Guest Ridzuan

Good news.I believe he have a bright future with us and its only good for both the club and himself if he signs a long term deal because I think he will be a much better player next season under the guidance of Big Sam.

Guest alex

Good news.I believe he have a bright future with us and its only good for both the club and himself if he signs a long term deal because I think he will be a much better player next season under the guidance of Big Sam.

Textbook :lol:

Guest Ridzuan

Textbook :lol:

What? What is the title of the textbook? That was strictly based on my own judgements.

This is great news. I think Milner is the kind of player who genuinly wants to improve and wants to win every single time he goes out there. That can't be said for a lot of the players that have come through the door in the past few years. He should have a bright future with our club, as long as he gets time on the pitch.

Guest niina

It's good to secure good young player in our squad, considering Allardyce have the tendency to buy older player in Bolton (well, hopefully it's not relevant here) :)

"Should be the complete article at the age of 21."

True he aint beckham or a gillespie.  I guess we are used to accepting second best these days.

tbh i do think he should be in the squad.  Maybe he can develop into a good player.  Personally though i dont feel he should be the first choice in our midfield.

I acknowledge he proved invaluable in europe last season, he was too good for the opposition we played;  worldbeating teams like palma and howsyadog FC

I would play milner in cup games and in euro, and find better for our important games.

He's already much better than Gillespie ever was.  Great news.

True he aint beckham or a gillespie.  I guess we are used to accepting second best these days.

tbh i do think he should be in the squad.  Maybe he can develop into a good player.  Personally though i dont feel he should be the first choice in our midfield.

I acknowledge he proved invaluable in europe last season, he was too good for the opposition we played;  worldbeating teams like palma and howsyadog FC

I would play milner in cup games and in euro, and find better for our important games.

He isn't, he's an average player who stood out last season because of his battling qualities when everyone else had given up on Roeder, same goes for Butt.

Geremi's a better winger than him.

Average player, Solano is a much better outlet on the right flank.

I agree with Solano being a better outlet but I'm still over the moon about Milner, he's been kicked in the bollocks by our last 2 managers yet he was one of our better players last season, that after driving down to Birmingham to sign for Villa anly to be called back at the last minute.

He's got a lot of promise and he always gives 100%, no matter what shit seems to be thrown in his direction, he's still learning so will only get better.

He isn't, he's an average player who stood out last season because of his battling qualities when everyone else had given up on Roeder, same goes for Butt.

I think milner is underrated by alot of people. He didn't just stand out for his excellent workrate, his willingness to take on a man, his crossing and his shooting are very good for a 21 year old. Yes, he's got plenty of room for improvement, but that just makes him a even more exciting player.

As for comparisons with Gillespie id take milner now over Gillespie in his peak anyday. Gillespie rarely looked up and his whole game was basically about pace. I think alot of people look back fondly on him because he was part of the Keegan team and had one great game against Barca. He was average if that overall though, and at his best wouldn't have given us nearly as much as milner last season.

If he was a geordie who came through the ranks he wouldn't get any jip at all, everyone would be calling him the next chris waddle.

I think milner is underrated by alot of people. He didn't just stand out for his excellent workrate, his willingness to take on a man, his crossing and his shooting are very good for a 21 year old. Yes, he's got plenty of room for improvement, but that just makes him a even more exciting player.

As for comparisons with Gillespie id take milner now over Gillespie in his peak anyday. Gillespie rarely looked up and his whole game was basically about pace. I think alot of people look back fondly on him because he was part of the Keegan team and had one great game against Barca. He was average if that overall though, and at his best wouldn't have given us nearly as much as milner last season.

If he was a geordie who came through the ranks he wouldn't get any jip at all, everyone would be calling him the next chris waddle.

On his day Gillespie was as unplayable agaisnt as Ginola, just for different reasons.

A poor attitude outside of football and niggly injuries prevented him really fulfilling his potential, but he ws far from average

Guest clarkyshan

anybody who watched milner last season will think this is great news.

i remember man city last season the fans at sjp where singing his name when he was on the bench to get him on. he was superb all season.

It's the other way around for me, I think Milner is massively overrated on here because he stood out in a poor team last season, the lad has no pace which is always going to hold him back, there have been other wingers in the past who have been excellent despite having little pace yet there delivery was far better than Milner's will ever be (Solano, Beckham etc) his crossing is erratic although his shots from distance are pretty good.

I agree Gillespie was all about pace but when he was in fall flight he was unplayable, it wasn't just what he done with the ball but the impact having a player with such pace down the wing can have on the rest of the team, he stretched play and made teams panic which helped create space for the rest of the team.

Milner is a good squad player but if we have any serious idea's about getting up around the top 5 we're going to need a better winger than him.

Guest Guinness

Good news IMO. Milner came on leaps and bounds last season and hopefully that can continue in the season to come.

Average player, Solano is a much better outlet on the right flank.

Sorry but I disagree based on current abilities.When was the last time Solano went past a defender. A f**king long time ago. By the way I do like Nobby but we have seen his best days unfortunately.

Not good enough for where we want to be...

Ok, kidding. Good news.

Milner is a model pro in the Speed school of footballers. His versatility and hard work has made him a staple of our team. He has alot to learn, his crossing isnt as poor as people make out, but he has the determination and time on his side to do it.

Will crave the competition Geremi brings, which gives us further options down the right for Home and Away.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Personally think he will end up as a full back in a couple of years

I seriously doubt that.

Personally think he will end up as a full back in a couple of years

I seriously doubt that.

I kinda doubt it as well, but I can see where he is coming from, he has the engine and work rate to be able to overlap on the attacking front as well as stick in tackles.