The Asian Cup

Newcastle Fan

Anyone else think its stupid that the way they separate teams is Head to Head??

They only play each other once, and in the Australia group, if Australia beat Thailand and Oman beat Iraq its going to finish:

Australia beats Thailand

Thailand beats Oman

Iraq beats Australia

Oman beats Iraq

I agree, stupid AFC rules

So based on that who goes through?  ???

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that if that was to be the case, they would be separated by Goal Difference

the ref was okay

really? was that all about the yellow card? and was that all about that stupid whistle all the time against indonesia.... f*** f*** f***...

you have to look at the initial challenges, our players are small but they were not afraid to stick their legs between the tall saudians and tried to win every 50-50. it is expected that we tackled them hard each time they regain possesion and tried to keep the ball down at all time. sometimes you need yellow cards to make sure the game keeps going without ruining the passion but not dirty. i did not see a wrong decision that changed the flow of the game.

really?? booking for first time challange? saudis foul on indonesia and indonesia get the foul? saudis dive he thought indonesian player dive? no wonder ivan kolev jump out the bench seeing that..... one sided judgement that ref is....

there were more than one occasions when our players appeared to be fouled, only the replay from different angle showed that we made late tackle first.

like i said earlier, it is the aggressive approach we tried to put in, we tried to win every 50-50. when you have the competitive firman,eka and syamsul in the middle, you would expect few rough challenges thus few yellow cards. the ref did the correct thing with the first yellow, he set the tone of the game which challenges he would allow and which he would not. from my point of view he was consistent and lenient from that point on. syamsul should have been booked much earlier with the shirt pulling, ball kicking and i see bambang as one of our players who was protected by the ref.

im not taking the ref side here, this is just my opinion that we received protection as much as the saudis which was i feel he was okay.

so  you told me that more than 70,000 Indonesian supporters which chanting & roaring  "Wasit Goblok" mean " Dumb-Ass Referee" all the time.... is blind?

Guest ryunufc

the ref was okay

really? was that all about the yellow card? and was that all about that stupid whistle all the time against indonesia.... f*** f*** f***...

you have to look at the initial challenges, our players are small but they were not afraid to stick their legs between the tall saudians and tried to win every 50-50. it is expected that we tackled them hard each time they regain possesion and tried to keep the ball down at all time. sometimes you need yellow cards to make sure the game keeps going without ruining the passion but not dirty. i did not see a wrong decision that changed the flow of the game.

really?? booking for first time challange? saudis foul on indonesia and indonesia get the foul? saudis dive he thought indonesian player dive? no wonder ivan kolev jump out the bench seeing that..... one sided judgement that ref is....

there were more than one occasions when our players appeared to be fouled, only the replay from different angle showed that we made late tackle first.

like i said earlier, it is the aggressive approach we tried to put in, we tried to win every 50-50. when you have the competitive firman,eka and syamsul in the middle, you would expect few rough challenges thus few yellow cards. the ref did the correct thing with the first yellow, he set the tone of the game which challenges he would allow and which he would not. from my point of view he was consistent and lenient from that point on. syamsul should have been booked much earlier with the shirt pulling, ball kicking and i see bambang as one of our players who was protected by the ref.

im not taking the ref side here, this is just my opinion that we received protection as much as the saudis which was i feel he was okay.

so  you told me that more than 70,000 Indonesian supporters which chanting & roaring  "Wasit Goblok" mean " Dumb-Ass Referee" all the time.... is blind?

would people who watch in the stadium have the better view than those who watch the replays from different angles?

FANTASTIC :D

See, its not that hard, all our coach did was take the nigerians off the team, and we won..! D

Amazing peformence from our defence today, and a lovley strike from Ismael Abdullatif, the guy has amazing pace on him and a fantastic finish aswell

Fucking delighted  :celb:

FANTASTIC :D

See, its not that hard, all our coach did was take the nigerians off the team, and we won..! D

Amazing peformence from our defence today, and a lovley strike from Ismael Abdullatif, the guy has amazing pace on him and a fantastic finish aswell

f****** delighted   :celb:

You're from Bahrain I take it?

Run  >:D

Oh well, credit to your team. We were absolutely woeful today.

We were obviously missing Park's creativity on the attack (well, him and Seol... And YP Lee, and NI Kim, and about half a dozen others), but we shouldn't need him to cruise past the group stages in the Asian Cup for ****'s sake.

I really thought your team would play better today, i had my pre-season training with my club so i missed the first 20mins (when i got there it turns out they moved or training an hour so that the players can watch the game),  by the time i managed to watch the game it was already 1-0 and i was like (oo f***, here we go), but honestly your team today was very poor, credit to our defence for keeping Lee Chun-So and Lee Dong-Kook quite, both strikers were the major threat we had to deal with for this game..

Anyway, good luck for you in the rest of the tournment, make sure you beat Indonesia in the next game so we and the Saudi's could draw and knock both of you out :lol:

I was very disappointed with the way Korea played. Full credit to Bahrain though, what a result.

China - Iran - WHAT A GAME. Easily the best of the tournament so far, a deserved draw from both teams.

China are my smokies to win the thing.

If Australia win are they definitely through? Or are they dependant on the other result going their way? Haven't bothered to look at the table.

If Oman beat Iraq then we have to win by a couple of goals as there will be 3 teams on 4 points. So if we win by 1 goal and Oman win then Oman and Iraq go through. If we beat Thailand and Iraq win then we go through.

That fat lazy aussie b******, who is no good just scored a nice goal. Holding off two defenders to lift it over the keeper and into the net off a Thai player.

2-0

Hahah i just edited this as i found out that b@stard is on the swear filter, comical.

Make that 3-0 as Viduka has a double. Great leap to get in front of the Thai player and head it down into the bottom left corner, across the keeper.

2 goals to Viduka and now he is subbed off. Aussies through to the knock out phase.

Just turn your swear filter off Wellsy, search the forum if you don't know how, i can't link you from my phone.

Glad Vidooks is scoring. :D

Ah ok then, will turn it off. Couldnt believe it, thats an everyday word!

Kewell makes it 4-0. Scoreline certainly does flatter us... quite a bit.

Looks like we won't be seeing Viduka for the Bolton game then. If Australia make it to the final we won't be seeing him for the first few games of the season I'd imagine, including the trip to Boro.