Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

quote author=Scott Parker's 60's Haircut link=topic=42441.msg920559#msg920559 date=1184676600]

Eveyone got an extra 30M from the TV deal although, I hope that is not the case and they are the new leeds.

The TV money hasn't been touched.  £20m profit was declared in the interim accounts, the annual accounts would have been showing near to £40m.  We're only reinvesting the profit in players to avoid paying tax, we've never been a club to pay dividends either.  Add in the sponsorship deals from Puma and Mansion and Spurs are currently very liquid.

We're nothing like Leeds.   Their salary/turnover ratio was something like 70%, Spurs is around 45%. 

There's so much wrong with that statement!

(1) Buying players is a 'capital' invstment and as such will nt impact on this years profits

(2) Most (if not all) of the players have been bought after Spuds year end - so even if (1) wasn't true they would have no impact on tax

(3) The comment suggests that Spurs are willing to spend money anywhere to avoid tax, rubbish

(4) I'll give him the Puma/Mansion money bit though

I effectively repeated comments made elsewhere, so apologies for any inaccuracies.  The general thrust of the comments is that Spurs have been very profitable in the past year and Levy, unlike previous profitable years, has elected to spend far more than previously.   The feeling was that there was a tax benefit, but if not, maybe he thinks this is our best opportunity to join the big 4.

Yeah bit of a sarky reply, not meant to be directed personally, think your last sentance hits thenail on the head though, it won't be a tax thing its a spotted opportunity to go forward which may not be there next year

Harewood joins Villa.

Aston Villa have beaten Wigan to the signature of Marlon Harewood from West Ham for a fee believed to be in the region of £3.5million

The striker has signed a three-year contract to join former Hammers team-mate Nigel Reo-Coker in the West Midlands.

Harewood, 27, has been linked with several clubs since the end of last season and had been expected to join Wigan until Villa closed in on his signature.

Can't say I'm envious.

Sunderland have met the minimum-release fee which will allow them to sign Dickson Etuhu from Norwich for £1.5m.

Hello...Hello...City reject... :laugh:

Harewood joins Villa.

Aston Villa have beaten Wigan to the signature of Marlon Harewood from West Ham for a fee believed to be in the region of £3.5million

The striker has signed a three-year contract to join former Hammers team-mate Nigel Reo-Coker in the West Midlands.

Harewood, 27, has been linked with several clubs since the end of last season and had been expected to join Wigan until Villa closed in on his signature.

Can't say I'm envious.

I'm absolutely delighted with that one (Sorry Brummie). The number of wank players that get linked to us in the papers but are signing for clubs other than Manchester City keeps going up and up...Harewood, Richardson, Koumas, Konchesky...and apparently Mido is going to Birmingham...happy days  :celb:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Man City sign Geovanni, former benfica, barca player

Now they have their takeover in place, they will challenge us for every top player!

City sign former Barcelona player Geovanni on a free. 1 year deal. Been on trial at Portsmouth, scored 1 made 1 the other day apparently.

I'm not sure how good he is but there are 3 good things about this deal:

1) We've signed someone I've heard of  ???

2) We've signed a brazillian :celb:

3) Harry has probably got the hump  :laugh:

Guest optimistic nit

Sunderland have met the minimum-release fee which will allow them to sign Dickson Etuhu from Norwich for £1.5m.

Hello...Hello...City reject... :laugh:

Harewood joins Villa.

Can't say I'm envious.

I'm absolutely delighted with that one (Sorry Brummie). The number of wank players that get linked to us in the papers but are signing for clubs other than Manchester City keeps going up and up...Harewood, Richardson, Koumas, Konchesky...and apparently Mido is going to Birmingham...happy days  :celb:

you'd do well to sign Mido, he's good. The rest are championship players though, apart from richardson, who's a bottom 10 PL player, and a cunt.

City sign former Barcelona player Geovanni on a free. 1 year deal. Been on trial at Portsmouth, scored 1 made 1 the other day apparently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geovanni_Deiberson_Mauricio

"Super Talent"

Is he the one who scored against us for Barca in 1997-8? Must be getting on a bit.

He's only 28

"Super Talent" eh...but its Wikipedia. For all I know his mum wrote that. Still, cost nowt, we need squad depth...makes sense.

Anyone know if he's any good...?

PS: Yet another signing where the first mention of any link between City and the player was on the official site after he'd signed. Interesting way of doing things, bit boring but very professional. I approve.

"Super Talent" eh...but its Wikipedia. For all I know his mum wrote that. Still, cost nowt, we need squad depth...makes sense.

Anyone know if he's any good...?

PS: Yet another signing where the first mention of any link between City and the player was on the official site after he'd signed. Interesting way of doing things, bit boring but very professional. I approve.

Can't say I've seen much of him but, even if he flops, the cost will be pretty negligible. A very low risk signing as far as City are concerned.

Wonder if they had him on trial first?... 

Tevez is in Manchester but West Ham are saying he can't have a medical.

Don't know why he doesnt just rip up his contract, seems to be the way West ham do things.

Don't know why he doesnt just rip up his contract, seems to be the way West ham do things.

I just wish they'd fucking sort it, one way or another.

Guest optimistic nit

why? the only thing they are doing is pissing both these clubs of, both clubs i despise.

Why have Aston Villa signed Goomba?

A 27 year old West Ham reject is hardly the sort of player that is going to get them in the top 6.

Every team needs a shola ameobi-a-like. Offers them something different to what they have I suppose, although in this case it isnt really a good something different.

why? the only thing they are doing is pissing both these clubs of, both clubs i despise.

I'm sick of hearing about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geovanni_Deiberson_Mauricio

"Super Talent"

Is he the one who scored against us for Barca in 1997-8? Must be getting on a bit.

He's only 28

So its not the giovanni who played for Barca then Olympiakos then?

He must be about the same age as Rivaldo.

Ps: Citeh also bought the wrong Fernandes, who next Scott Shearer?  mackems.gif