Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

Niall Quinn making a bit of a prat of himself this morning...

"There's six or seven new owners who are spending money, but are they getting the type of player that the top four want? I don't think so.

If I was going to break the bank to spend a fortune on breaking the bank, I would be going after the players Liverpool or Manchester United wanted to sign"

So £10.5m for Richardson & Chopra is perfectly normal is it? Eedjit.

Do we know a figure for richardson?

is it about 6 million, because THATS rediculous!

Guest Toon83

BBC is reporting that Manchester City are hoping to agree a deal with Juventus for left back come centre half Georgio Chiellini, i watched him in the u21 euro championships and he looks like a good organiser at the back and can fill in at centre half or left back and was captain of the u21's

would anyone have him here??

surely we are more of an attraction than Manchester City!

I have to admit, Sven has impressed me so far with his transfer deals at City.  It's still a weak side, but he's managed to make some big improvements in a very short period of time.

I think globally, everyone except for the English media rates Sven very very highly, and he will pull of a few more transfer coups yet.

I have to admit, Sven has impressed me so far with his transfer deals at City.  It's still a weak side, but he's managed to make some big improvements in a very short period of time.

I think globally, everyone except for the English media rates Sven very very highly, and he will pull of a few more transfer coups yet.

They are more likely to finish above us than Pompey or Everton. blueyes.gif

They are more likely to finish above us than Pompey or Everton. blueyes.gif

Definitely agree with Everton, not quite so sure about Pompey. Hopefully neither will finish above us like.

I haven't forgotten the last Italian left back we brought in off the back of his under 21 performances.

FWIW I still think we'll sign Wayne Bridge, even though he's injured for the start of the season.

I haven't forgotten the last Italian left back we brought in off the back of his under 21 performances.

FWIW I still think we'll sign Wayne Bridge, even though he's injured for the start of the season.

I thought he was out for longer than just the start?

Guest hagler

he done a trail at sjp against yeading a couple of seasons ago...he looked ok but then nothing happened

2-3 months from mid July.

2 months takes us to the middle of September meaning he'll miss Bolton, Villa, Wigan and Boro.

It'll be worth missing him short term for the long term benifit having a player like that will mean.

2 months takes us to the middle of September meaning he'll miss Bolton, Villa, Wigan and Boro.

It'll be worth missing him short term for the long term benifit having a player like that will mean.

Tend to agree, but not sure we'd sign someone that injured.

Yep thats the one

Only linked on fansfc

Repeat after me:

'I WILL NOT READ THAT SHIT SITE AGAIN, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL I POST ANYTHING FROM THERE ON NEWCASTLE-ONLINE'

There's a good chap. :)

Tend to agree, but not sure we'd sign someone that injured.

Well we re-signed Solano when he was injured and he didn't play until October iirc.